The Thread Where People Argue About Kneeling in the NFL (merged)

I believe that offer was before he started protesting. And it was part of a trade not FA. And was for $12M less than what he would make with 49ers. But yeah, they made an offer.
That doesn't make sense for it to be before he started the protest because he was still a 49er and played a full season with the 49ers before he became a free agent.

This doesn’t mean anything. They’re pretty much the only option, that doesn’t make them perfect
Yes it does mean something. Many black people are demonizing the police. They are lumping the small percentage of bad in with the much larger percentage of good ones. No cops arent perfect and I have never said that. But this whole notion of blaming the police for every incident gone bad needs to stop.

Yes it does mean something. Many black people are demonizing the police. They are lumping the small percentage of bad in with the much larger percentage of good ones. No cops arent perfect and I have never said that. But this whole notion of blaming the police for every incident gone bad needs to stop.
Who should they blame for those doing wrong? The whole worry about black on black crap is stupid. Government, or society, apathy to unarmed people of colors death is a problem. The justice system is far harsher on people of color then on whites. It’s not white guilt. It’s a fact. For profit prisons are an absurd idea.

And my brother is a former cop. One who was shot in duty. So spare me the not caring about police argument.

Who should they blame for those doing wrong? The whole worry about black on black crap is stupid. Government, or society, apathy to unarmed people of colors death is a problem. The justice system is far harsher on people of color then on whites. It’s not white guilt. It’s a fact. For profit prisons are an absurd idea.
Well really the whole unarmed people being killed is a problem

And my brother is a former cop. One who was shot in duty. So spare me the not caring about police argument.

Agreed. Busybodies worry about what other people do. Nobody should be killing anybody. Blacks shouldn't be killing blacks, but what good does taking that position do? Patriots worry about what the government does and protesting draws attention to the issue. Other citizens are not accountable to any of us. Black people aren't accountable to other black people. The government is accountable to all of us.

Well really the whole unarmed people being killed is a problem
What is the answer? If the cops are not charged..... people are mad.....if charges but not indicted..... people are mad.... if indicted but found not guilty by a jury.... people claim juries love the badge and are mad..... if jury is filled with minorities but cops are found innocent then people are mad and the jury is called uncle toms..... if the DOJ gets involved but they are found not guilty people are mad.....

He wanted to keep the salary thst was owed to him. He turned down a pay cut. Has he turned down backup $?

I have no idea but I’m sure their are cheaper options.... I wouldn’t want him signed and I don’t give a crap about whether he protests or not besides the fact that it makes following the game less enjoyable.

What is the answer? If the cops are not charged..... people are mad.....if charges but not indicted..... people are mad.... if indicted but found not guilty by a jury.... people claim juries love the badge and are mad..... if jury is filled with minorities but cops are found innocent then people are mad and the jury is called uncle toms..... if the DOJ gets involved but they are found not guilty people are mad.....
You stepped through a lot of scenarios, but missed one. The scenario of the cops actually being held accountable and/or found guilty.

Why isn't that a part of your rant?

I have no idea but I’m sure their are cheaper options.... I wouldn’t want him signed and I don’t give a crap about whether he protests or not besides the fact that it makes following the game less enjoyable.

There are always cheaper options. Teams don't exactly skimp on backup QB's. If you run read option with a dual threat starting QB, he's the best backup you could reasonably expect.

You stepped through a lot of scenarios, but missed one. The scenario of the cops actually being held accountable and/or found guilty.

Why isn't that a part of your rant?

Obviously people are not mad when the cop is found guilty.... people are still mentioning mike brown even though that was completely mad up BS.... what do you think is the answer?

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
This whole notion of cops blaming black folks as immediately guilty and murdering them needs to stop.

Obviously people are not mad when the cop is found guilty.... people are still mentioning mike brown even though that was completely mad up BS.... what do you think is the answer?
2 simple things:

1. Get the govt out of the business of families and bring fathers/husbands back into the homes where we don't have as many people that have to encounter the police so often because they are raised in a stable household with structure. As long as the govt incentivises women to have women without needing a father in the home (welfare, child support, alimony), then we will have Chicagos and Baltimores burning for a long time.

2. Return to the original principles of the Bill of Rights and stop the growth of this fascist police state.

There are always cheaper options. Teams don't exactly skimp on backup QB's. If you run read option with a dual threat starting QB, he's the best backup you could reasonably expect.
they typically skimp on back up QBs..... my favorite team pays theirs 2 mill a year and really the only decently paid ones was guys that the original team signed hoping he would start and he wasn’t good enough......imo Colin is a guy you don’t sign until you have a team that can make a serious run in the playoffs and you need a veteran late in the season bc of an injury.

Maybe in some instances they need to blame themselves. Of course not in every case. But we how many times have we seen a black person tragically killed by police, then there is huge public outrage calling for justice, only later to learn that the black person did something to initiate it? Wonder why you rarely hear about all the black cops that kill white people? Oh, I guess that doesnt happen right? Is it just not that imoortant because its a white person getting killed? Its got nothing to do about white guilt

Maybe people need to start taking responsibly for themselves. Act like adults, dont break the law and you likely wont be in a position to get in trouble. Also, why bring up for profit prisons?

You might want to check out some data from the FBI. Seems like white people get arrested far more than blacks.

Table 21

2 simple things:

1. Get the govt out of the business of families and bring fathers/husbands back into the homes where we don't have as many people that have to encounter the police so often because they are raised in a stable household with structure. As long as the govt incentivises women to have women without needing a father in the home (welfare, child support, alimony), then we will have Chicagos and Baltimores burning for a long time.

2. Return to the original principles of the Bill of Rights and stop the growth of this fascist police state.

I agree with a lot of that and I feel that we need to get rid of what is basically segregated projects.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Maybe in some instances they need to blame themselves. Of course not in every case. But we how many times have we seen a black person tragically killed by police, then there is huge public outrage calling for justice, only later to learn that the black person did something to initiate it? Wonder why you rarely hear about all the black cops that kill white people? Oh, I guess that doesnt happen right? Is it just not that imoortant because its a white person getting killed? Its got nothing to do about white guilt

Maybe people need to start taking responsibly for themselves. Act like adults, dont break the law and you likely wont be in a position to get in trouble. Also, why bring up for profit prisons?

You might want to check out some data from the FBI. Seems like white people get arrested far more than blacks.

Table 21
First off, most reasonable people aren't making this a race issue. It is clearly a cop issue. There are countless cases of black cops acting unruly. The main thing should be that we have out of control cops... period, no matter the race.

2 simple things:

Totally, completely agree on number 2.
Point one is too simplistic. The goal is to have loving, attentive parents. There isn't any program that can force that.

VN Store

Back