The Thread Where People Argue About Kneeling in the NFL (merged)

I care about as much about the NFL protests as I would if they were protesting pro bowling. I haven't watched in a few years, other than a couple of playoff games, and don't miss it.

Which proves my point. Police brutality isn't an issue for you and you don't want to have the conversation... so instead, you sidetrack and misrepresent the grievances of the opposition.
It’s not an issue for anyone, statistically speaking. It’s not an issue for you or Nash either.

Again, why care about a non-issue?

They are not the ONLY thing represented by that flag.

I feel like you keep wanting to drive this conversation back into a circle. The flag also represents what culture of America, the people and what we claim to value and believe in. The actions of a lot of these cops runs counter to what this country is supposed to be about. It really isn't that hard to connect the dots here... unless you are just on a mission to be disruptive and an agent of chaos.

For F sake Ras. Does the flag represent the military? Does it have to do with the military?

What you’re actually protesting would be a good start. I’m not going to protest in front of Sears if I have an issue with McDonalds.
Valid point.

Also, if you are an employee of McDonalds, you are not going to protest on the job for PETA. In fact, no employer is going to allow you to protest on the job. All valid points.

You can make a million valid points about the flawed nature of the protests... but injecting the military into the conversation is a reach.

It’s because the flag is involved, and the flag represents all of America including the military. I hear post office workers are very upset as well.
Yep. The postal workers present the colors now I suppose. I must have missed those games where he park rangers and post office presented the colors that these players *****ed out for.

For F sake Ras. Does the flag represent the military? Does it have to do with the military?
I've answered this a million times it seems like... it doesn't just belong to the military. It represents all of the people, our culture and our values. Why are you trying to just single out the military?

Reactions: MercyPercy
Kneeling during the anthem means you are attacking everything American, including the military, McDonald’s, and any puppies that may have been born here. Tums, apparently, honestly believes this.

It’s so much easier when you make my point for me. Thanks.

Disrespectful kneeling can only mean one is disrespecting police. That it. Clearly not anything else. - Nash

Lmao

The idiots protesting. Start at the source.

The military is represented by the flag whether you like it or not. It’s not convenient for you so you try sidestepping it.

I’ve never said they can’t protest. I don’t advocate for them being suspended or fired or whatever.

I would like to see them make a clear point and protest what they’re actually protesting instead of protesting something else it would make things easier for them.

They’re upset with A. They protest B and wonder why no one understands that they’re not protesting B, but rather A when they won’t protest A, but rather B.

You’re having to jump through hoops to explain it. That’s why their message is muddled. They don’t even know what they’re doing. It’s hilatious.

Don’t make me the problem. Take it up with Jim Brown. He’s respectable and he gets it. No hoops.

Hall of Famer Jim Brown supports NFL players' rights but says he would not kneel during anthem

Not to mention, how can you respect men who choose to live on their knees?
I agree with just about everything you said in this post. You didn't bring up the military one time, nor should you have, because it doesn't belong in the conversation.

I think you are finally coming around, tums.

I've answered this a million times it seems like... it doesn't just belong to the military. It represents all of the people, our culture and our values. Why are you trying to just single out the military?

I’ve answered it a million times like this. No kidding it doesnt only represent the military, but it obviously does represent the military whether you like it or not.

Why are you saying the flag can’t include military?

We’re both saying it but you keep acting like it can’t have military connotation when convenient.

Kneeling during the anthem means you are attacking everything American, including the military, McDonald’s, and any puppies that may have been born here. Tums, apparently, honestly believes this.
Deep down, tums and people like him are just throwing in the military as a way to derail the conversation and the subject matter of the protest. Tums is smart enough to know better.

Deep down, tums and people like him are just throwing in the military as a way to derail the conversation and the subject matter of the protest. Tums is smart enough to know better.

Now you’ve muddled this.

I’m pointing out that it’s very easy to see why people bring the military into the conversation. Pull your head out of the sand and you’ll see it too.

Now, what they’re actually protesting isn’t what they say they’re protesting. That where the biggest muddling comes in.

They are not the ONLY thing represented by that flag.

I feel like you keep wanting to drive this conversation back into a circle. The flag also represents what culture of America, the people and what we claim to value and believe in. The actions of a lot of these cops runs counter to what this country is supposed to be about. It really isn't that hard to connect the dots here... unless you are just on a mission to be disruptive and an agent of chaos.

You can't argue with him. He continually misrepresents arguments and is ignorant regarding the issues.

All of this back and forth can be boiled down to a simple post.

Ras & Nash - Why do people think the flag has anything to do with the military?

Me - How can people think the flag has nothing to do with the military?

That’s it.

VN Store

Back