THE Tailgating Source

This may be a little early to start inquiring about this but would anyone be interested in planning a VN tailgate for the home opener maybe? Could be another game I guess. Just figured with it being a night game for sure, it would be a good candidate. Me and my brother will be in town for USU Fla and Mizz.

I have never been tailgating in Knoxville and honestly don't know the first place to start, other than what I have read in this thread. If anyone has any interest or just some advice I would be glad to hear it!

Hope someone sees this. Looks like the thread has been pretty dead lol

+1 to this. I'll be in town with three buddies and we're from West TN. Would be awesome to make this happen. Hard to plan from so far away.

This may be a little early to start inquiring about this but would anyone be interested in planning a VN tailgate for the home opener maybe? Could be another game I guess. Just figured with it being a night game for sure, it would be a good candidate. Me and my brother will be in town for USU Fla and Mizz.

I have never been tailgating in Knoxville and honestly don't know the first place to start, other than what I have read in this thread. If anyone has any interest or just some advice I would be glad to hear it!

Hope someone sees this. Looks like the thread has been pretty dead lol

+1 to this. I'll be in town with three buddies and we're from West TN. Would be awesome to make this happen. Hard to plan from so far away.

Yeah the distance thing is my problem too. It would be cool to meet a few people from here though. I was just throwing it out there and seeing if anyone would bite and run with it.

It's getting soo close! Can't wait folks!

Yeah the distance thing is my problem too. It would be cool to meet a few people from here though. I was just throwing it out there and seeing if anyone would bite and run with it.

It's getting soo close! Can't wait folks!

Hey! I moved to Knoxville last year from Maryland. We went to a few games last year. A few of my buddies are coming with me to the first game...there's 5 of us all together. I may not be the best tour guide, but we could always use a few more tailgaters! I'm sure we could work something out. We usually play beer pong... and we're all vol! Let me know if you guys are interested!

Reactions: 2 people
Hey! I moved to Knoxville last year from Maryland. We went to a few games last year. A few of my buddies are coming with me to the first game...there's 5 of us all together. I may not be the best tour guide, but we could always use a few more tailgaters! I'm sure we could work something out. We usually play beer pong... and we're all vol! Let me know if you guys are interested!

You sound like my kind of people! lol Anyway my brother, sister, and myself will be in K-town as early as possible on Sunday. Where are yall going to try to set up?

Oh and welcome to our wildly dysfunctional Vol forum family!

Reactions: 1 person

Are you going to be at the Arkansas St or Florida games? Would love to meet up..it's just me and a buddy so we don't really wanna go through the hassle of setting up a tailgate. Would definitely contribute funds, beer, food, whatever yall need!

Are you going to be at the Arkansas St or Florida games? Would love to meet up..it's just me and a buddy so we don't really wanna go through the hassle of setting up a tailgate. Would definitely contribute funds, beer, food, whatever yall need!

I will be there for Florida but I probably wouldn't be much help unless I somehow get it all figured out on the first trip up.

P.S. I am misplaced in GA from Murfreesboro

You sound like my kind of people! lol Anyway my brother, sister, and myself will be in K-town as early as possible on Sunday. Where are yall going to try to set up?

We typically go the Methodist Church on Henley Street. It's about a mile walk to the stadium, but it's pretty easy to get out after the game and they have...a BATHROOM! However, I have to check with them and make sure they're still doing parking since the first game is on a Sunday. We usually go there around 130 or 2 to set up. It's me, my boyfriend, my two friends from Maryland and my best friend from Tennessee. I'll definitely look into it and keep you posted! I'm also going to the Kentucky game at this point, but we're always planning different things...so who knows what other games we'll be attending! Plus, who can ever have too many friends?

Last edited:
We typically go the Methodist Church on Henley Street. It's about a mile walk to the stadium, but it's pretty easy to get out after the game and they have...a BATHROOM! However, I have to check with them and make sure they're still doing parking since the first game is on a Sunday. We usually go there around 130 or 2 to set up. It's me, my boyfriend, my two friends from Maryland and my best friend from Tennessee. I'll definitely look into it and keep you posted! I'm also going to the Kentucky game at this point, but we're always planning different things...so who knows what other games we'll be attending! Plus, who can ever have too many friends?

Great! Good point about the game being on a Sunday. Definitely let us know what you find out! I don't mind going up there and winging it but it sure would be nice to have some kind of plan going into it.

I probably won't be at UK but I will be at UF and Mizzou after the opener. And at Georgia away!

Great! Good point about the game being on a Sunday. Definitely let us know what you find out! I don't mind going up there and winging it but it sure would be nice to have some kind of plan going into it.

I probably won't be at UK but I will be at UF and Mizzou after the opener. And at Georgia away!

It looks like they're only having morning services. ( I probably don't feel nearly as bad as I should about hoping for fewer services so I'm able to drink beer in their parking lot...) Anyhow, it says on their site parking is $30. Here's a link to their site. Church Street United Methodist Church
Also, I'd send you a link to my fb so you'd be able to catch up with us on gameday, but I'm not sure how to do it without putting my info on blast here.

Reactions: 1 person
The wife and I are coming in from West TN also and are looking for a place to tailgate. She's a LSU GAL and she's never been to Knoxville to a Vols game. All of my family have given up their season tickets and we are pretty much on our own. Would love to meet up with some of you and have some fun.

I posted this on another thread as well, hopefully someone here can jump in.

Every year my buddies and I take a trip to a new college football town to take in the sites, sounds, and the game. We've been to Clemson, Alabama, Oregon, and FSU and we'll be in Knoxville on 10/3 to watch the Vols beat the Gators.

Are there any must sees, must eats around town? We'll watch the team and band march in before the game but other than that we don't have much planned.

Thanks for the input!

I'll piggyback on Mecca's post. Group of guys coming down from PA for the Bama game, no dog in the fight so to speak, but we'll be rooting for the Vols to take down the Tide. I've read back thru the pinned threads, but am not sure if some of the stuff is outdated since there isn't really anything from this season or much from last year, either. We'll be getting into town early on Friday the 24th, so what are some spots to see, places to eat/drink? Which bookstores have the best gear/values etc? Any info will help. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: We're late 30, early 40somethings, if that makes a difference for suggestions...

Last edited:
Another guy from Philly here, group of 10-15 here and looking for an area to setup a tailgate. GF goes to school here and circle park is apparently $500 (checked two weeks ago, really late). Is there any other fun tailgating areas that we could setup? Also is anyone familiar with a place to rent chairs, the TSA is a bit picky with carry ons.

question about parking on campus, do all the lots have a porta-potties i was given c-15 parking passes (yes very lucky)

:wavey:5 UK fans here who are coming into town for the game on the 15th. While we know we will be cheering for the opponents on that day, we are hoping for some southern hospitality and advice on all there is to do during a Vol game day.

Our goal is to visit all SEC stadiums to watch the Cats play and we are making Neyland our first stop. We want to experience all the great traditions that come with Tennessee football and figure this is the best place to ask.

What does everyone recommend to do the day of the game? Bars, restaurants, activities, etc.? The 4pm kickoff is going to work perfectly for us and allow for maximum tailgating/site seeing time and. We plan on seeing the Vol walk and checking out the Vol navy, are there any other traditions and must see/dos?

Thanks in advance for the help and hopefully we'll see some of you there. We'll even share some Fireball as a thank you.

GBO...Greetings VOL fans. My wife and I will be coming in town for our annual trip to knoxville next weekend to watch the Mighty VOLS take on the Tigers. Was curious if any Volnation members set up tailgates that we would be welcome at. Have met alot of really great people over the years, would love to continue the tradition. SEMPER FI, and as always. Its GREAT TO BE A TENNESSEE VOL....:rock:

GBO...Greetings VOL fans. My wife and I will be coming in town for our annual trip to knoxville next weekend to watch the Mighty VOLS take on the Tigers. Was curious if any Volnation members set up tailgates that we would be welcome at. Have met alot of really great people over the years, would love to continue the tradition. SEMPER FI, and as always. Its GREAT TO BE A TENNESSEE VOL....:rock:

shodog,
Most everyone is very friendly. Just talk to them and more than likely they'll invite you to stay and hang with them.

This is my first post, and it may be in the wrong place (sorry mods) but here goes:

Here's my suggestion: (Channeling the Jets cheer)
GOOOOOOOOOO (KICK) VOLS! V-O-L-S, GO VOLS GO!
I am a passionate Vols fan living deep in UGA country... I hate the Dawgs, but man when 90,000 people are chanting Go Dawgs at kick-off it really makes the hairs on your neck stand up. Game day at Neyland 110,000 strong is the most incredible experience I have been a part of, and after all the partying, anticipation, and excitement. The crowd comes to a fever pitch right before the ball is kick and every Vols fan joins in with a collective grunt. It's pretty anti-climactic... We can do better VolNation..

Someone with thread creating privileges please repost; lets make it happen!

Last edited:

VN Store

Back