THE Tailgating Source

Also, he supplies all the sausage to Martins BBQ (Think thats right, can't remember for sure though).

Sausage there is fantastic in the smoker too BTW.

Tail gating question.....Never been to a football game before....Do people usually charge you to tail gate with them? pm me and let me know.

Tail gating question.....Never been to a football game before....Do people usually charge you to tail gate with them? pm me and let me know.

charge you? It's a bunch of people with beer and food just hanging out so I doubt anyone will charge. People will be nice but you start taking advantage of their hospitality and they could get testy :) We always have extra people come by and join so it's not a big deal. Better idea is to bring your own and just use their spot

you mean people you don't know? just walk up and start eating your food and drinking your beer?

you mean people you don't know? just walk up and start eating your food and drinking your beer?

not usually UT fans we don't know since they have their own places but we do with opposing fans. Now if they just walk up and take it without being offered....

This may be a very simple question, but, where is the best tailgating spot near the stadium and how early should I plan on getting there to get a spot?

Never tailgated before and plan to next Saturday.

Last edited:
Fiji Island is always a good spot, and you won't have to pay. For a 6 pm game vs UTM, you can probably get there around ten and have plenty of time to spare. Do NOT pay $30 just to park at Calhoun's. That's only for the people who don't know where else they can go.

Im coming from Columbus Oh for the florida game and would like to visit a few tailgates at least one anyway I know on saturdays up here strangers are always welcome at tailgates is it the same in knoxville if so where should i look for a good tailgate to visit

different games have different tailgating events... there is always the volunteer village, but i know the gridiron rival tour is coming to the bama game

I don't know if they will be doing this every game or not, but, the old baptist hospital parking lot on the corner of blount and Henley only charges $15 to park.

We got there around noonish last week and we were the only ones there so far. We tailgated a little but we were the only ones there. It's not an awful walk to the stadium either.

Fiji Island is always a good spot, and you won't have to pay. For a 6 pm game vs UTM, you can probably get there around ten and have plenty of time to spare. Do NOT pay $30 just to park at Calhoun's. That's only for the people who don't know where else they can go.

Fiji Island is hands down the best, rowdiest, and must fun place to tailgate on campus

Have some people flying in for the tennessee florida game they never been to a TN game, I have but never tailgated. They want some good southern ribs so i figured Calhoun's then tailgate afterwards, been lookin at parking passes I want something close to the stadium so they can soak up the atmosphere.. PLEASE HELP?!

Does anybody happen to know if you can leave cars overnight at the two free parking garages downtown? (State Street and Market Square Garages I believe)

How about buffalo turds. 10 jalapenos halved and seeded. 1 brick of cream cheese and a good amount of bbq rub that you enjoy. Mix in a handful of cooked meat (what ever). Put into jalapeno halves and wrap in half a slice of thick cut (good butcher shop) bacon grill indirect or smoke until bacon is done. Enjoy

Okay this is about the only thread I could find regarding tailgating. I may not be looking hard enough. BUT this may be long shot. Anyone going to this weekends game willing to let my husband and myself join their tailgating festivities? I surprised him with tickets to this game for our anniversary. It's his first SEC football game EVER and he's a huge UT fan. I have been to my share of SEC games and had the whole experience tailgating included and want him to experience the same. We dont know of anyone else who is going to the game or this would be less of a pain :)

Okay this is about the only thread I could find regarding tailgating. I may not be looking hard enough. BUT this may be long shot. Anyone going to this weekends game willing to let my husband and myself join their tailgating festivities? I surprised him with tickets to this game for our anniversary. It's his first SEC football game EVER and he's a huge UT fan. I have been to my share of SEC games and had the whole experience tailgating included and want him to experience the same. We dont know of anyone else who is going to the game or this would be less of a pain :)

At Williams-Brice, just walk around the fairgrounds and you will be invited into any of the numerous gatherings. It is wide open tailgating and is a blast. It is much better than what you find after you go into that pitiful stadium.

VN Store

Back