The Rock/Metal Thread

Also Rage, Deftones Adrenaline, Korns only decent album, Alice n Chains, TOOL, White Zombie (1965, yeah) off the top of my head. I was class of 95HS... the 90s had great music IMO, of all genres. BiG, 2pac, Outkast, chronic, snoop,...some great country also, and EDM in the rave scene as MDMA was rampant. Dont know about Ktown, but Charlotte saw the fad of "afterparty" warehouse clubs in commercial districts that opened at 2am when regular clubs closed, and stayed open til the sun came up. Didn't serve alcohol, didnt need to. Everyone, everyone , was rolling or tripping, or both. Crazy times .
Pantera - Vulgar Display, Cowboys From Hell, Far Beyond Driven
Megadeth - Rust in Peace, Countdown to Extinction
Metallica - Black Album
Sepultura - Arise, Chaos A.D.

Probably 4 or 5 of my all-time favorite heavy albums in that list, all from the 90s.

I was always confused why my metalhead friends never really liked them. Even though they were popular, they were never mainstream. They were incredibly heavy and the musicianship was top notch. Cowboys, Vulgar, and Far Beyond Driven put them in the elite area.
If your metalhead friends were in to early 90s Darkthrone and Immortal I get it..but they were probably big Metallica fans....

If your metalhead friends were in to early 90s Darkthrone and Immortal I get it..but they were probably big Metallica fans....
They were into Emperor, In Flames (Jester Race era), all that Scandinavian stuff. I think it was almost a trend to not like them because of them being too well known. Far Beyond Driven has moments of heaviness that rival just about any underground albums of that time.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Distubed is releasing their first song from their new album this coming Thursday. They had a vote on their website if fans wanted them to release a heavy song or a ballad and metal won in a landslide.

Distubed is releasing their first song from their new album this coming Thursday. They had a vote on their website if fans wanted them to release a heavy song or a ballad and metal won in a landslide.

I'm 56 years old and love Disturbed, Alice"n"Chains, ACDC, Metallica, RATT, KORN, Dokken etc....

Reactions: Type Orange+

Overall, kinda meh. Not as bad as Godsmack's new stuff but not great either. Music is decent, lyrics are not good and don't flow at all, and does have a decent solo. Overall a C. I hope the rest of the album is better.

Also Disturbed.....this is what you consider "heavy"? Come on guys....I mean I know Disturbed isn't really that heavy but still, they've done heavier stuff than this.

Reactions: bigslk

VN Store

Back