The REAL litmus test will be against USCe.

South Cacalaky has a bye week before we play whereas we'll be coming off AU and Bama. On paper, we should be able to compete. Just not sure how beat up we'll be.
Oh we might be forced to play JT Shrout by then. I'm Sure these 2 games coming up they will be getting after our qbs. JG & Chryst will be hit alot unfortunately.

2013 SC was Butch's signature win against Spurrier, then he rangussed (hot brown rain) the bed later against Vandy. History is rhyming if not repeating itself outright.

sure hope the coaches and team cram real fast and hard for the test against the litmus...they're tough...;)

GO VOLS...BEAT TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So Pruitt in Year 1 is supposed to go on the road, beat Muschamp at home in Year 4 because "We are Tennessee" or some crap? Why do you folks keep doing this to yourselves? Missouri has a QB that will be drafted on the first day of the draft and solid line play and they couldn't beat USCe in Williams-Brice. We will beat Charlotte and possibly Vandy, anyone else will require a miracle. If you must have a litmus test it's the Vandy game.

Taking a line from a former basketball coach we had here. When asked what we needed to do to win he answered score the ball. That is what we need to do to turn this season around score the ball.

The punt game is definitely going to get a workout
So Pruitt in Year 1 is supposed to go on the road, beat Muschamp at home in Year 4 because "We are Tennessee" or some crap? Why do you folks keep doing this to yourselves? Missouri has a QB that will be drafted on the first day of the draft and solid line play and they couldn't beat USCe in Williams-Brice. We will beat Charlotte and possibly Vandy, anyone else will require a miracle. If you must have a litmus test it's the Vandy game.
What was his catch-able ball %? That probably would explain why they lost.

Because we are Tennessee is the most ridiculous phrase. Some people cannot get their head out the past.

Because we are Tennessee is the most ridiculous phrase. Some people cannot get their head out the past.
I mean, there was a time when the T on our helmets might scare some folks but we have been an also-ran for about as long as all the current players have been alive, we'll have to win a whole lot for many years to get that back.

I mean, there was a time when the T on our helmets might scare some folks but we have been an also-ran for about as long as all the current players have been alive, we'll have to win a whole lot for many years to get that back.

Agreed. I really wish we were back to those days. Unfortunately, they are long gone. And honestly, the way the East is improving overall, it may be a very long time before we get that back.

Agreed. I really wish we were back to those days. Unfortunately, they are long gone. And honestly, the way the East is improving overall, it may be a very long time before we get that back.
Things can change pretty quick, we could be in a far better situation in say 2 seasons, but it'll be a while before we are able to build back an intimidation factor. Bama lost theirs and got it back, it's not impossible but it's difficult.

Last edited:
Well I will have to eat my crap!!! Maybe Auburn was the litmus test for our football club. We did have TWO weeks to prepare for Auburn and Pruitt was very familiar with Malzahn and his system. BUT on the road against a good SEC team not matter what is on the side of their helmet was a good gauge or litmus test for our program.

So...we can't say 'signature win' or 'litmus test'.

Well, we'll always have 'We ARE - TENNESSEE!'
uhhhmm, wait...what? Lower case only is permitted? Can we still hum the chorus of 'Rocky Top' under our breath? Aight....

"MOT E MOOP, MMM MM MEY EEE!
MMM MMEET MOHM m EEE!
MOOO MOE Mot e mop...mOOOOO!
Mot e mop, en net EEEE!
Mot e mop, en net eeee..."

Everyone! - gurgle it with me!

Last edited:
The mid to late nineties through the early 2000’s nobody wanted it with us. And if you came to Neyland you were leaving with an L an you knew it.

After bama put 212 points against USA d the coach was calling out players at halftime saying they needed 25 players who played the right way. This is going to be a game that is going to show the fans and and coaches how are they going to react to this beat down if they go to Columbia and lose 28-13 and rank up a bunch of penalties then I don’t think they will win another SEC game ( maybe Candy for pride). If they go into Columbia and play with heart and soul and come in ready to give a beating and win 24-21 then I think they have a really good chance to win out and finish 8-4. So how goes USCe game so goes our season. I am pretty sure people will rip me a new one but that is just what think. How does a team like this react to adversity??.

After bama put 212 points against USA d the coach was calling out players at halftime saying they needed 25 players who played the right way. This is going to be a game that is going to show the fans and and coaches how are they going to react to this beat down if they go to Columbia and lose 28-13 and rank up a bunch of penalties then I don’t think they will win another SEC game ( maybe Candy for pride). If they go into Columbia and play with heart and soul and come in ready to give a beating and win 24-21 then I think they have a really good chance to win out and finish 8-4. So how goes USCe game so goes our season. I am pretty sure people will rip me a new one but that is just what think. How does a team like this react to adversity??.
It’s the truth, if they rip you, then they not worth the post.

VN Store

Back