The REAL litmus test will be against USCe.

Volteacher

This weekend when we play auburn not too many people expect us to do very well (+17). Soil we play decent and lose 14-24 ok.....then we play gumps and everyone has given up at least 49 in SEC play. So we will lose by 38+ no matter how mistake free we play.

5e the next week we play USCe. Who are not world beaters but they are better than us. IF.....IF we can play and beat USC, play up to our potential create turnovers and few penalties. This series has been really really close with the underdog winning most of the time. I believe if we go in there and WIN, we are on our way out of our hole. If we lose by more than 14 points we are at least a season and a half more waiting ( meaning at till November of next year before we put it together). That is why I am not putting much stock in the next two games. We lose by 14 to auburn and 35 to Alabama, most sec teams have but USC is a much better litmus test IMO.

First test was WVU. Then the real test is Florida. Now its South Carolina. Lol. I mean really? Look, we are a bad football team with the least amount of SEC talent in the conference. SC will beat us. We may look a little better as a team, but not much. We just dont have the playmakers.

I agree that SC is the most winnable game coming up on the horizon, but shows you where our program is, that even before UGA, we were talking about this topic...jumping over 2-3 SEC games to get to a potential game we may keep close. Outside of a win, I just want us to show improvement in effort and execution...something that can get us excited for the future...and obviously shows well for recruits that Pruitt's got his stuff together, changing the culture...just doesn't have the players yet.

If our offense doesn't improve we want win another game outside of Charlotte. It's really not that difficult to understand. Our defense is not great but they become even worse with an offense as bad as ours.

Reactions: illinoisvolfan1
South Cacalaky has a bye week before we play whereas we'll be coming off AU and Bama. On paper, we should be able to compete. Just not sure how beat up we'll be.
This. I hate where that game falls an oir schedule. And theirs. Agreed

VN Store

Back