The QB Debate.... Post Bama (merged)

Id like to know what there was to criticize about Chryst play in the BAMA game. Other than getting stepped on by a guard at the beginning of the 2nd half Chryst played very well. 2 TD drives in his first 2 possessions BAMA never stopped his passing and it might have continued if the coach had not put him under center, handing the ball off the entire 2nd half.. Guess Pruitt watched a different game ... but seriously this is unbelievable .. What do you think???
That he is the coach, and you aren't. Just because he doesnt think chryst is the second coming like you do doesnt make him wrong.

Id like to know what there was to criticize about Chryst play in the BAMA game. Other than getting stepped on by a guard at the beginning of the 2nd half Chryst played very well. 2 TD drives in his first 2 possessions BAMA never stopped his passing and it might have continued if the coach had not put him under center, handing the ball off the entire 2nd half.. Guess Pruitt watched a different game ... but seriously this is unbelievable .. What do you think???

He did some nice things but many of his throws were off target including the one handed catch by Chandler. He threw one pass right to an Alabama player, but he dropped it. His completion percentage wasn’t that great either. He needs to be more accurate with his throws.

I will state that It appeared the team ran the ball better with Chryst at QB in the second half. Was that because AL had there 2nd string out there or was it because Chryst may be better at reading defenses.

Jordan and Chandler both had a little be extra in the tank...

He didn't single them out because he's going to play JG this week and Chryst will likely not see play again. He, Pruitt, is justifying his decision by hiding the fact that Chryst is the more experienced and the best chance for winning.

And if you think JG did a great job against bama I'll rest my case.
So it's a conspiracy by Pruitt, to not start the guy he recruited over the guy he inherited and holds no real allegiance to? Do you need any more Reynolds?

Reactions: BisonVol
It kills me, nobody can have a difference of opinion without someone getting butt hurt. Typical vols fan when anyone criticizes JG. I can't wait till next year when JT Shrout is our QB.tenor (1).gif

Reactions: Steven5198
And assumption makes an _____ out of you.

Which is exactly what you are making yourself look like. I have heard Saban criticize Tua. Get real man. Chryst wasn't perfect. He played very good. But lets not pretend he doesnt have things to work on. Pruitt is talking about JGs poor play. Thats obvious. You had better get used to this kind of talk because thats what a real good football coach sounds like.

What did Chryst even do in the 2nd half? Oh yeah. Nothing.

This whole "nothing" in second half stuff is yet another example of the cluelessness of the JG fan club. Some of which also call themselves Tennessee fans.

Not counting the ridiculous KO return fiasco to start the second half, there were literally THREE offensive possessions in the second half. It was the second possession where Chryst went 4-7 for 45 yards and got them in position to miss a field goal. One passing attempt the WHOLE rest of the game!

So, let's summarize for the JG fan club members on here that say he did "NOTHING" in the second half.:

Essentially only three possessions. All but ONE passing attempt in the whole half was on one single drive that covered 50 yards and resulted in a missed field goal. After 7 minutes remaining in the third Pruitt went into "get this game over with" mode. LITERALLY that is what happened.

So, spin however you Guarantano fan club members. The blind loyalty toward the guy is beyond comical at this point.

Worse than Guarantano's first quarter? Turning the ball over on a critical first offensive series (like the Florida game), and getting beat up due to not knowing what the heck he is doing, is better than Chryst going 4-8 for 45 yards and a missed field goal?!

Let this be the third or fourth time that it has been spelled out for you. The ONLY two remaining oossessions after the 4-7 drive (that was also over the course of the last 20 minutes of the game) Pruitt ran the ball to get the game over with! In summary, Chryst had ONE possession in the second half that he got to attempt to make anything happen and it resulted in a 50 yard drive and a missed field goal. Multiple people have spelled out to you MULTIPLE times just how little was attempted in the second half. One drive, with ANYTHING other than handing off the ball, and it still resulted in a missed field goal. Something Guarantano didn't sniff getting close to doing. I don't THINK you're that unintelligent. Likely just that stubborn to your bias.

Also, you stating that anyone has an agenda is ironic and comical.
He only had two series in the first with success. You want to claim two drives and 7 passes can show he was great but multiple drives and 8 passes doesn't show anything?

Clear agenda by those like you acting like 7 attempts should be judged but not the 8 in the second.

And yes. 5/10 for 63 yards facing the first team and the opening pressure of the game while being blitzed because you aren't down 28 is better than 4/8 for 45 yards for a whole half facing backups and no blitz or game pressure to perform.

If so little in the second half was attempted then y'all should be quiet about the first half because he literally had less passes and playing time then.

And the first scoring drive was setup by the deep pass JG got hurt on. So he wouod have had a td. Then KC capitalized on the momentum and play calling adjustments.

When he had a whole half with more attempted passes we saw the usual KC.

Reactions: lexkyvol
I think you are easily triggered and are looking for a reason to bash coach. that it what I think. change my mind.

This whole "nothing" in second half stuff is yet another example of the cluelessness of the JG fan club. Some of which also call themselves Tennessee fans.

Not counting the ridiculous KO return fiasco to start the second half, there were literally THREE offensive possessions in the second half. It was the second possession where Chryst went 4-7 for 45 yards and got them in position to miss a field goal. One passing attempt the WHOLE rest of the game!

So, let's summarize for the JG fan club members on here that say he did "NOTHING" in the second half.:

Essentially only three possessions. All but ONE passing attempt in the whole half was on one single drive that covered 50 yards and resulted in a missed field goal. After 7 minutes remaining in the third Pruitt went into "get this game over with" mode. LITERALLY that is what happened.

So, spin however you Guarantano fan club members. The blind loyalty toward the guy is beyond comical at this point.
So more possessions and attempts than the first half and not anywhere near the success.

Proving our points for us.

If three possessions or 8 attempts isn't enough to judge a half why are you hype over two possesions and 7 attempts down 28?

Reactions: lexkyvol
KC is the best quarterback for the rest of our schedule. KC isn’t the the type of quarterback that’s gonna win games but he definitely won’t lose u any and that’s important for the games we have left

Reactions: DaUndergroundMan

I hope the head coach knows more about what he wants at qB than we do. I said “hope”.

I am not being a smart a$$ when I ask, you still think jg is the better qb based on what? What has jg done against good teams that says he’s the better qb. Better teams meaning: wv, uf, and bama. KC came in against Florida and bama and led the team to touchdowns when jg couldn’t.

So what QB went into Auburn and torched them?

He only had two series in the first with success. You want to claim two drives and 7 passes can show he was great but multiple drives and 8 passes doesn't show anything?

Clear agenda by those like you acting like 7 attempts should be judged but not the 8 in the second.

And yes. 5/10 for 63 yards facing the first team and the opening pressure of the game while being blitzed because you aren't down 28 is better than 4/8 for 45 yards for a whole half facing backups and no blitz or game pressure to perform.

If so little in the second half was attempted then y'all should be quiet about the first half because he literally had less passes and playing time then.

And the first scoring drive was setup by the deep pass JG got hurt on. So he wouod have had a td. Then KC capitalized on the momentum and play calling adjustments.

When he had a whole half with more attempted passes we saw the usual KC.

You continue to prove your allegiance as a chartered member of the "BroadwayJay" fanclub. Your devotion to a guy that has been on campus three football seasons and 16 game appearances, but yet only 10 career TD's with 4 interceptions, is admirable. The club now appears willing to go down with the ship and for that I commend you all...

Reactions: DaUndergroundMan
The JG's and KC types are not the future I am envisioning by no means, not.even.close. JP will flip the elite QB in the Rembrandt I have painted.
Stomp thu cocks bitch slap muschump!

You continue to prove your allegiance as a chartered member of the "BroadwayJay" fanclub. Your devotion to a guy that has been on campus three football seasons and 16 game appearances, but yet only 10 career TD's with 4 interceptions, is admirable. The club now appears willing to go down with the ship and for that I commend you all...
So you can't dispute any facts so juvenile insults are all you have. Agenda exposed.

More possessions and more passes than in the first half. The same amount of possessions and passes before you claim the coaches gave up.

Result. 45 yards and zero tds.

Wow. You really want to be somebody on here huh? So if you like a certain UT QB, you are now a BroadwayJay fanclub member? Seems entirely logical.

I think you are easily triggered and are looking for a reason to bash coach. that it what I think. change my mind.

It didn't start that way. I simply questioned his statement that QB play was poor when one of his QB's had a QB rating of 94.2 for the game. But apparently that triggered quite a few people on this forum.

Wow. You really want to be somebody on here huh? So if you like a certain UT QB, you are now a BroadwayJay fanclub member? Seems entirely logical.
He had to come up with something when he couldn't explain how more possessions and passes attempted meant less chances.

He did some nice things but many of his throws were off target including the one handed catch by Chandler. He threw one pass right to an Alabama player, but he dropped it. His completion percentage wasn’t that great either. He needs to be more accurate with his throws.

Wonder how he scored 94.2 on the PFF QB ratings?

VN Store

Back