The QB Debate.... Post Bama (merged)

NEO

Eat at Joe's
JG may be better at one point but it’s obvious Chryst is a much calmer and better QB right now.

He needs to start from here on out.

I know it’s only been about a quarter but he is much more poised and the game is much slower for him. A blind man can see it.

Right now, KC is better. Even before being injured, JG was getting frustrated, and it was starting to show. Not his fault, our OL is simply a sieve against a defense of this quality.

But generally, JG is the better QB. Not taking anything away from Keller, he's playing very well. He hasn't taken all the sacks and near-sacks, and he looks calm and confident. Throwing it well, as a result.

Let's just don't jinx him and get him blasted, too. No one plays well with a jack hammer repeatedly pounding them in the face.

JG may be better at one point but it’s obvious Chryst is a much calmer and better QB right now.

I know it’s only been about a quarter but he is much more poised and the game is much slower for him. A blind man can see it.
JG has more physical talent, but I think Chryst reads the defense better and has more football IQ.

I’m not gonna say he should start for the rest of the season. It was literally 2 drives. With that said, if he plays decent in the second half with a scoring drive or two and no turnovers, he definitely should get the start for the next game vs South Carolina.

And then take it from there. While I’m hardly big on JG, saying someone should get the start for the rest of the season based on 2 drives vs Bama is complete lunacy. Take it one game at a time.

Reactions: tnvols106
Down 28. They went vanilla. No pressure. The oc calling quick passes and he hit the first guy who has been wide open. When no one was wide open we got an over throw. JG was the national player of the week. He has been better all year.

Chryst playing great. Don't get carried away though.

VN Store

Back