The official thread where everyone tries to catch up to Joe, and Windy keeps track of who posts on the even K's

Status
Not open for further replies.
When my dad found out he wasn't eligible for transplant, I remember him telling the doctor that it was okay as long as I got one. Sorry, fighting through some tears, but I still feel guilty that I made it and he didn't. I know he wouldn't want me to feel that way, but it's really, really hard to accept. What started as the same disease with two very different outcomes.

Losing people is hard, and no amount of foresight can prepare you for it. It hurts and it sucks. People try to put it into pretty and elegant words, but it's ugly, and painful. I do believe they're in a better place, but that doesn't fix the hole you feel in your heart at their absence.

When my dad found out he wasn't eligible for transplant, I remember him telling the doctor that it was okay as long as I got one. Sorry, fighting through some tears, but I still feel guilty that I made it and he didn't. I know he wouldn't want me to feel that way, but it's really, really hard to accept. What started as the same disease with two very different outcomes.

Losing people is hard, and no amount of foresight can prepare you for it. It hurts and it sucks. People try to put it into pretty and elegant words, but it's ugly, and painful. I do believe they're in a better place, but that doesn't fix the hole you feel in your heart at their absence.
Survival guilt is a real thing. Sorry it's part of your story.

Reactions: Weezer and joevol33
Humor is my escape. I look for reasons to laugh, because it feels better than crying.

I’ve been to the edge and back in the last 5 years. I know you have. Laughed as much as I could along the way to stay sane. I’m thankful to all those who helped me and do my best to pay it forward by helping others now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back