The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV

TEs are hard to evaluate. We all thought Atlanta was getting a generational TE and it didn’t happen.
Lol

Brock Bowers is the biggest no brainer ever. Pitts was basically just a receiver at Florida. Dude was split out wide the entire time. Completely different players.

Brock Bowers was pancaking Bammers in the 21 Natty as a true freshman. Second team all american as a true freshman.

Our franchise sucks at receivers, but we have two studs on the roster already. We can get good receivers in the second or 3rd round. Or next year! Receivers are a dime a dozen. Brock can block, carry the ball, elite receiving skills etc.

I hate that he's a Bulldog, but it's the truth.

You wanna know why we beat the Chiefs in the 2017 playoffs?

Travis Kelce got hurt. The only reason we won, they would have blown us out if he didn't get hurt.

Who did the Chiefs keep? Tyreek Hill or Tarvis Kelce?

Travis Kelce. Why? More valuable. Blocking and receiving.

Having a guy like Bowers would be sooo valuable for Levis. Safety blanket, elite weapon. Chig is just ok.

I am perplexed at how TE's aren't valued near as much. It's absurd.

Lol

Brock Bowers is the biggest no brainer ever. Pitts was basically just a receiver at Florida. Dude was split out wide the entire time. Completely different players.

Brock Bowers was pancaking Bammers in the 21 Natty as a true freshman. Second team all american as a true freshman.

Our franchise sucks at receivers, but we have two studs on the roster already. We can get good receivers in the second or 3rd round. Or next year! Receivers are a dime a dozen. Brock can block, carry the ball, elite receiving skills etc.

Travis Kelce got hurt. The only reason we won, they would have blown us out if he didn't get hurt.

Having a guy like Bowers would be sooo valuable for Levis. Safety blanket, elite weapon. Chig is just ok.

I'm in on Bowers at #7. I am also in with Alt, Harrison, Nabers. Somehow I want Bowers, This org needs to recognize the high value of a non-joker, high end TE. Gronk and now Kelce all those years have showed the football world. Kittle and others as well. Elite TE's who can run routes like WR's and block well are wild cards that are trouble to defend. I am just not sure he will be there at #7.

But a LT lock for a decade is also too good to pass up if they judge Alt as that guy. Harrison and Nabers are special with both ready to take over the role when D-Hop goes or there is an injury this year.

Tough decision to make with a lot of moving parts leading up to it. If they come away with any of those I am good with it. I am also good with trading back because the OT class is loaded. Would love to load up some picks and take some value guys.

Reactions: PlanetVolunteer
Lol

Your entire argument from top to bottom is so far off base that it’s scary. Kelce doesn’t have more value than Hill, that’s why they kept Kelce. Because his value is about 60% that of Hill and they couldn’t afford both. So they took the cheaper option.

What’s really weird about your argument is you seem to start by asking why TEs aren’t thought of as highly as WRs are. I’m assuming you’re asking this because both are very valuable in the passing game.

Which is weird because then you dismissed Pitts as just a WR…..Pitts was taller, faster, heavier, bigger hands, longer arms. If anyone appeared to be a no brainer, it would be Pitts. Bowers may work out, but I wouldn’t say he’s more of a no Brainer than the faster guy, better WR, who was taller and ran better

Your entire argument from top to bottom is so far off base that it’s scary. Kelce doesn’t have more value than Hill, that’s why they kept Kelce. Because his value is about 60% that of Hill and they couldn’t afford both. So they took the cheaper option.

What’s really weird about your argument is you seem to start by asking why TEs aren’t thought of as highly as WRs are. I’m assuming you’re asking this because both are very valuable in the passing game.

Which is weird because then you dismissed Pitts as just a WR…..Pitts was taller, faster, heavier, bigger hands, longer arms. If anyone appeared to be a no brainer, it would be Pitts. Bowers may work out, but I wouldn’t say he’s more of a no Brainer than the faster guy, better WR, who was taller and ran better
It's indisputable that Kelce is more valuable to their TEAM. That's what I meant. Hill was replaceable, Kelce was not. Kelce is a first ballot hall of fame. Hill probably won't be. Hill got open, partly from the attention Kelce receives.

Pitts lineup wide in FL's offense over half the time and they used him to exploit mismatches down the field. They ARE completely different players and the systems they played in are different. Spread vs Pro Style. It's also dumb that Pitts is totally dismissed. He just hasn't been dominant, which isn't surprising because...he's a tweener receiving TE.

It is INSANE to say Pitts is more of a no brainer 😂 he can't BLOCK dude 🤣

Bowers had more receiving yards, receptions, yards after catch, best graded in PFF, best at running the ball than any TE since 2014. Elite blocker and has better hands.

3 time all american (only TE to ever do it)

2 time Mackey award winner (only one to ever do it)

Pitts is a freak, but so is Bowers, who can actually do everything.

It's indisputable that Kelce is more valuable to their TEAM. That's what I meant. Hill was replaceable, Kelce was not. Kelce is a first ballot hall of fame. Hill probably won't be. Hill got open, partly from the attention Kelce receives.

Pitts lineup wide in FL's offense over half the time and they used him to exploit mismatches down the field. They ARE completely different players and the systems they played in are different. Spread vs Pro Style. It's also dumb that Pitts is totally dismissed. He just hasn't been dominant, which isn't surprising because...he's a tweener receiving TE.

It is INSANE to say Pitts is more of a no brainer 😂 he can't BLOCK dude 🤣

Bowers had more receiving yards, receptions, yards after catch, best graded in PFF, best at running the ball than any TE since 2014. Elite blocker and has better hands.

3 time all american (only TE to ever do it)

2 time Mackey award winner (only one to ever do it)

Pitts is a freak, but so is Bowers, who can actually do everything.

Surely you’re not convinced the value of a TE is their ability to block? That’s where you’re most off base here.

You started by questioning why WRs are more valued, now you’re talking about run blocking? It seems your answer here is self evident.

The reason Hill makes more than Kelce, the reason WRs are drafted higher than TEs, the reason Pitts went higher than Bowers will, is all the same reason….and it’s not run blocking

Surely you’re not convinced the value of a TE is their ability to block? That’s where you’re most off base here.

You started by questioning why WRs are more valued, now you’re talking about run blocking? It seems your answer here is self evident.

The reason Hill makes more than Kelce, the reason WRs are drafted higher than TEs, the reason Pitts went higher than Bowers will, is all the same reason….and it’s not run blocking
Um yeah I listed why prospects like Bowers...well he is alone in his prestige, should be valued more.

The NFL is being dumb by underrating him. As we have seen, elite TE's are just as important and sometimes more reliable than WR's.

There are elite, freak receivers that come out of every draft and in Bowers case they literally point to ONE guy, Pitts as the other freak that has come out of college.

There are no other Pitts or Bowers on the docket. There are a handful of Nabers level guys every year.

VN Store

Back