The official "Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum" Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we finish 6-6 then Pruitt should make the list for SEC COTY. I mean I know he won't win it but IMO that would be a pretty great job.

This is the least optimistic I've been going into a season that I can remember, and it really doesn't have much to do with Pruitt, just the reality of what our situtation is.

I really hope everything is okay in real life. God forbid something ever happened to one of us we’d never know.

My personal theory is that BTO wore him down for 10 days in the Mann thread and then he ran a little bit hot and got into it with Freak shortly thereafter, and decided he was done with this place for awhile.

BTO did the same with Dallas in that same thread yesterday. I get that he only uses facts and I think it’s hilarious how he’s able to cause these epic meltdowns, but Ziti and Dal are my boys. I wish he’d choose a different target sometimes.

Obviously I’m all for Beet slaying posters left and right, but when he ruthlessly tears down other guys from the “regulars” crew the place gets weird for several days.

The fallout has already taken place if you look around. Fleece, Bat, Stoked, The Dog, Chris4Vols22, CNChris—none of those guys have been around lately. And I don’t blame them, either.

BTO has been like a shark in the water that smells blood in recent weeks.

I’m still lurking around. I’ve just been super busy. Taking summer classes and working full time.

It's about 110 days until tip-off. The Football Forumers will be here in huge numbers since the football team will be bad yet again. There could be a 5 game losing streak running right up to the start of basketball.

Florida (9/22)
@Georgia
@Auburn
Alabama
@USC (10/27)

Last year the first exhibition was on 11/2 and the regular season started on 11/10.

I have this weird feeling that we’ll beat Florida this year. But I think we lose the next 4. We have more talent than most people think. I think we finish 6-6.

I have this weird feeling that we’ll beat Florida this year. But I think we lose the next 4. We have more talent than most people think. I think we finish 6-6.

A 6-6 finish should get CJP coach of the year. I think we finish with 5 wins. I'm not sold on JG as QB, and I'm not sure about Chryst.

Reactions: 1 person
A 6-6 finish should get CJP coach of the year. I think we finish with 5 wins. I'm not sold on JG as QB, and I'm not sure about Chryst.

Coach of the year? Idk, we have a lot more talent than people realize.

Whomever starts at QB is going to have a lot of options at receiver.

Coach of the year? Idk, we have a lot more talent than people realize.

Whomever starts at QB is going to have a lot of options at receiver.

This. Jennings, Callaway, BJohnson could be a nasty trio. Bryd and Palmer could be contributors too. Palmer seems to be able to get past defenders, he just needs to work on his hands.

We got any insiders that know if UT will offer the $99 season tickets again? I doubt it based off last season and new projections but just thought I’d ask.

I'm usually overly optimistic as it relates to our football team; a product of growing up in what was likely the golden age of Tennessee football (mid-80s thru the 90s). However, I see even 6 wins for this team as being a small miracle. Maybe I've just been beaten down so badly over the past 12 years, but the people predicting 8 and 9 wins are completely out of their minds unless Pruitt is a miracle worker.

All I can go by is that Dooley and Butch Jones got to 6 and 5 wins in their first years with much worse rosters. Both played a top 10 Oregon team and top 15 West cross over teams. Dooley played 5 ranked teams, and Butch played 7 ranked teams. One had Matt Simms, and the other had Justin Worley.

We currently have a 5 star QB and an experienced QB from the Pac 10. We have 4-5 star talent at various positions on the field. Depth is an issue. I consider Florida, Missouri, Kentucky, and Vandy as a group of teams that we can beat. 6+ wins is doable.

Last edited:
All I can go by is that Dooley and Butch Jones got to 6 and 5 wins in their first years with much worse rosters. Both played a top 10 Oregon team and top 15 West cross over teams. Dooley played 5 ranked teams, and Butch played 7 ranked teams. One had Matt Simms, and the other had Justin Worley.

We currently have a 5 star QB and an experienced QB from the Pac 10. We have 4-5 star talent at various positions on the field. Depth is an issue. I consider Florida, Missouri, Kentucky, and Vandy as a group of teams that we can beat. 6+ wins is doable.

I want to believe.

So do I; but I don't yet.

Me either. I’ve believed the hype the past 10 years only to walk away disappointed. This time, I’ll begin with low expectations and hope to be pleasantly surprised but not at all surprised if we roll out another 5-7 season. And that won’t sour me on Pruitt, either. I can tell he is upgrading the roster and the culture and the commitment to excellence. I just don’t expect a miracle in year 1.

Me either. I’ve believed the hype the past 10 years only to walk away disappointed. This time, I’ll begin with low expectations and hope to be pleasantly surprised but not at all surprised if we roll out another 5-7 season. And that won’t sour me on Pruitt, either. I can tell he is upgrading the roster and the culture and the commitment to excellence. I just don’t expect a miracle in year 1.

I think it will be hard to reverse the attitude of the core of the team in one off season. My take was always, we lost but be were resilient, so it was okay.
But with an actual SEC staff and better recruiting I think we'll be okay in the future.

I think it will be hard to reverse the attitude of the core of the team in one off season. My take was always, we lost but be were resilient, so it was okay.
But with an actual SEC staff and better recruiting I think we'll be okay in the future.

Agree

Speaking of consistency...some folks still negative and immature while others make progress.

For what it’s worth, I was once a Jabari supporter and fan of his style of play. If you go back 2-3 years ago you will see that I had nothing but praise for Jabari’s willingness to make hustle plays and do the little things that don’t always show up on the stat sheet. You and me were buddies on here.

But around the time he announced his transfer you went crazy on Barnes, UT, the fans and all of us in the bball forum. Not the most graceful exit. At the end of the day I’m a Tennessee fan and have been my whole life. My fandom is bigger than one player, so when someone trashes the coaching staff and the fanbase you can’t expect me to take you seriously.

Admittedly, I’ve let my opinion of you taint my opinion of Jabari. With that said, I’m sorry for anything I’ve said to offend you, best of luck with everything. Jabari should do well at Peay and it’ll be good for them to add a 24/25 year old guy to their locker room.

Awww Indy, I so wanted my post to go well without the usual negativity. I thought after 2 years you and your buddy would be so over it. I am

I don’t Need the fake apology. You’re just being your usual consistent negative self. Only a small minded person who can’t think for themselves would let another person taint their opinion of someone else.

With that said, Hopefully you will grow up and get past all of the hatred in your heart so that you can began to heal. In the meantime, the 24 year old in the Austin Peay locker room is moving on and getting his Masters Degree. Apparently his age was not a problem for the 8 coaches that recruited him after graduation. For future reference, Graduate transfers are older. Duh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back