The Official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Sure, at that price he's a steal. He's definitely better than Pickett even at 35. Hopefully, he's got enough in the tank for a productive season.

Still need to address the QB for the future because Pickett ain't it.
Short term yes long term no. I agree that Pickett is not the guy. I think you could have got Fields for a 4th or 5th round pick and he could have been a good fit long term. If Wilson is a 1 year rental we’ll be back in the same boat next year and Fields won’t be available and I doubt next years QB draft class will be as deep. So if you’re Kahn do you A) try to sign Wilson to a multi year deal B) draft a Penix/Nix or C) and this is the one I would go with, you could still trade for Fields as insurance in case Wilson doesn’t work and you’re looking to the future too

Reactions: vols 30
As a I titans fan I’m jealous. You got Arthur Smith along with a really cheap Russell Wilson. And now that Bill has retired, maybe the best coach in the NFL (top 3-5 at worst)

Steelers traded Pickett to the Eagles today. So right now their QB room consists of Wilson on a 1 year deal and that’s it. I hope there is a plan

Reactions: vols 30
Steelers traded Pickett to the Eagles today. So right now their QB room consists of Wilson on a 1 year deal and that’s it. I hope there is a plan

Dobbs is avaialbe, maybe bring him home back for a 3rd time. Probably would be the best case scenario for Dobbs.

I’m expecting them to sign Taneyhill and draft a QB. What could make it interesting is they have 2 third round picks so maybe they could put a package of picks together and move up to get McCarthy

As a I titans fan I’m jealous. You got Arthur Smith along with a really cheap Russell Wilson. And now that Bill has retired, maybe the best coach in the NFL (top 3-5 at worst)

Tomlin hasn’t won a playoff game since 2016. He’s fine but he’s overrated

Any thoughts on what the Steelers draft strategy will be? 1st round pick? I’m thinking OL in the first round and WR in the 2nd round. Maybe a corner in the third and some DL depth with the 2nd pick in the third

VN Store

Back