The Official New York Knicks Thread.

They trading for Curry, Harden and AD?

I think they are pretty much a clown show, but the NBA seems more fun when they are good. Celts and Lakers too.

I am so tired of the Knicks being bad. The East is so much more fun when they are good. Hopefully they get Okafor and he turns some of that baby fat into muscle. He'd be a monster.

L.O.L. :eek:lol: He can't be serious

Knicks president Phil Jackson told The New York Times he was serious when he said recently he "didn't know why" he didn't receive any votes for the NBA's Executive of the Year award, adding: "I saw Mitch Kupchak got a vote, so I know some people valued what the Lakers were doing obviously." The Knicks were 17-65 last season.

L.O.L. :eek:lol: He can't be serious

Knicks president Phil Jackson told The New York Times he was serious when he said recently he "didn't know why" he didn't receive any votes for the NBA's Executive of the Year award, adding: "I saw Mitch Kupchak got a vote, so I know some people valued what the Lakers were doing obviously." The Knicks were 17-65 last season.

Q. You came to the Knicks a little over a year ago. Knowing what you know now, would you have still taken the job?

JACKSON Without a doubt. I knew it was going to be a challenge. We just didn’t have any room to work last year. We knew that we were going to have to make big changes with the limitations that we had, being in a locked-in situation as far as the salary cap goes. That’s why when I said recently that I didn’t know why I wasn’t given some votes for executive of the year, I wasn’t kidding. I was really serious.

Lol

Yeah, have no idea how he has managed to coach teams to 11 titles..............

It definitely had nothing to do with Jordan, Shaq and Kobe and everything to do with his triangle offense and Zen lifestyle. I'm sure that will be what turns the Knicks around.

That and his evaluative abilities that are apparently worth $12 million a year even though he's never done it before

That and his evaluative abilities that are apparently worth $12 million a year even though he's never done it before

As a Knicks fan, I totally agree with this, but to insinuate that he is lacking basketball knowledge is pretty off IMO.

It definitely had nothing to do with Jordan, Shaq and Kobe and everything to do with his triangle offense and Zen lifestyle. I'm sure that will be what turns the Knicks around.

Did I say it didnt? Also....see above post for the rest of my thought on this.

As a Knicks fan, I totally agree with this, but to insinuate that he is lacking basketball knowledge is pretty off IMO.

I don't think he lacks it, just that his is overrated. I think there are a lot of people that think his opinions on basketball are beyond reproach because of his rings, when in reality he's a rookie GM who has made some bad decisions and dumb comments.

I don't think he lacks it, just that his is overrated. I think there are a lot of people that think his opinions on basketball are beyond reproach because of his rings, when in reality he's a rookie GM who has made some bad decisions and dumb comments.
Well to be fair, he didnt really walk into the best of situations in NY. I'll give him 2 or 3 years to even start to have an opinion of his talents as a GM.

According to Woj, the Knicks are the favorites to land Arron Afflalo and likely Greg Monroe. Melo has called them and several others

VN Store

Back