The Official NBA Forum Vols Football Thread

How is Nick Saban not bored? What's scary about Bama is that their recruiting has got even better over the last 3 years.

He just seems like a guy that would want to prove himself at the highest level

My econ professor pointed this out...people we see as the most competitive aren't always as competitive as they seem. He pointed out Michael Jordan's HOF speech where he said he hated being in the classroom and he just wanted to go out and compete. But the classroom is a competition, too. Jordan didn't like that competition because he didn't dominate. He just wanted to do what he was good at.

Baseball was a challenge for him and he gave up about as quickly on that as Saban did with the NFL.

If Saban was working on his 5th straight title, I could see how he might be bored with it, but it's still hard to win titles. He has to stay on top of his game to get it done, therefore I don't think it can be boring.

Is Butch fired after we lose to Carolina or after the pending Alabama debacle?

Well I'm in the camp that it's not even a given Jones is gone, so I'm guessing even if we lose tomorrow he won't be fired.

The only way I can see it happening is if Currie has already decided he's gone and SC beats us close to as bad as Georgia did.

Well I'm in the camp that it's not even a given Jones is gone, so I'm guessing even if we lose tomorrow he won't be fired.

The only way I can see it happening is if Currie has already decided he's gone and SC beats us close to as bad as Georgia did.

I think he is gone after this season. But, I would prefer him being canned within the next 2 weeks rather than at the end of the season. I know some want to wait until after Bama, but I say to let the interim coach take the ass kicking. Some are too afraid that we'd end up like LSU with Orgeron.

I think he is gone after this season. But, I would prefer him being canned within the next 2 weeks rather than at the end of the season. I know some want to wait until after Bama, but I say to let the interim coach take the ass kicking. Some are too afraid that we'd end up like LSU with Orgeron.

The only way I see him being here after this season is if the team finishes 9-3.

LSU's AD is as incompetent at UT's. They can't afford to fire Coach O with his $12 mil buyout. With the state's financial issues I would not want to be an LSU fan

LSU's AD is as incompetent at UT's. They can't afford to fire Coach O with his $12 mil buyout. With the state's financial issues I would not want to be an LSU fan

Well...except they actually came back and won.

Unlike us, that Troy loss might actually end up being a spark that got them going.

VN Store

Back