The Official Chicago Cubby Bears Thread

Today is the last chance for Chattwood for me; if he pitches poorly again, Maddon has to move him out of the rotation.

Any chance Theo goes out and gets DeGroom from the Mets ? I've heard some rumors to that such nature. Hope so, I think we need another starter/ace

5 shutout innings for Hamels or at least no ERs. Nice debut, hoping he can keep it up. Cubs have been average after the All-Star break

I’m hopeful that our DL players will come back just in time (looking at you Darivish; get your ish together) for a deep run. Hamels looks like a good add so far.

9-9 since the All Star break; not exactly a normal Maddon lead second half so far. And Lester has had 3 out of his last 4 starts be pretty bad.

Hamels goes to 2-0 for the Cubs and Baez Jack's his 25th HR to go along with 88 RBI. Could Baez win MVP? Really need Lester to get back to his early season pitching, tho

I know it's KC, but I feel like the Cubs are about to take control of the Central and National League. We are coming for u, Astros or BoSox

Oh yeah, F the Braves, effing pretenders. I have a special hate for the Braves, probably because of Maddux and all the bandwagon jumpers in the 90s, living in Knoxville. They came out of the woodwork, when u could hardly find one in the 80s

Oh yeah, F the Braves, effing pretenders. I have a special hate for the Braves, probably because of Maddux and all the bandwagon jumpers in the 90s, living in Knoxville. They came out of the woodwork, when u could hardly find one in the 80s

Rich for a Cubs fan to say.

Reactions: Notorious B.E.N

I'm sure the Cubs have their share of bandwagon fans, but my experience is the same as Dog's when it comes to Braves' fans in Middle TN. I couldn't find a Braves fan as a kid, and when they made the WS in 1991 suddenly everyone around me was a freakin' Braves fan.

Reactions: 508mikey
I'm sure the Cubs have their share of bandwagon fans, but my experience is the same as Dog's when it comes to Braves' fans in Middle TN. I couldn't find a Braves fan as a kid, and when they made the WS in 1991 suddenly everyone around me was a freakin' Braves fan.

All big market teams have massive amounts of bandwagon fans.

If u are doubting my love for the Cubs and saying I jumped on the bandwagon in the last couple of years, then u are dead wrong. I've been a Cubs fan since Dave Kingman was jacking HRs on to Waveland Avenue. I can name u the starting line-up of the '84 Cubs, plus the starting rotation and the closer, my man, Lee Smith. I can also sing Harry's drunken "Jody Davis" song to the beat of the "Davy Crockett" song. I remember when Eckersley was a starter, Steve "Rainbow" Trout (as Chris Berman nicknamed him), Sutcliffe going 16-1 and winning the Cy-Young and my all-time favorite player, Ryne Sandberg winning the NL MVP. I remember when Shawon Dunston was called up and Larry Bowa treated him like dogsh!t in '85 and soon was traded. The Cubs choking the NL pennant against the Padres after taking a 2-0 lead in the NLCS when it was the best of 5. Leon "Bull" Durham pulling a Bill Buckner, 2 years before Buckner did it for Boston. I, also remember when Buckner played 1st base for the Cubs before he got traded, so Durham could start. I remember Dawson hitting 49 HRs and winning MVP for a last place Cubs team. Mark Grace putting on a show in the playoffs against San Francisco only to be overshadowed by Will Clark. Maddux first Cy-Young as a Cub, Kerry Wood's strikeout show against the Astros and the greatness and potential of Mark Pryor, who was probably over used and ruined by the Cubs. I've loved the Cubs for close to 40 years of my 47 years of life. Believe it or not, I don't care. Oh yeah, F the Braves

I'm just saying it's hilarious that you rant about bandwagoners as the Cubs have a lot of bandwagoners.

I won't argue that, especially in the last couple of years. But, I've been made fun of for being a Cubs fan for about 35 years. I'm not one of them, tho. The Braves, tho, especially in East Tennessee have a lot more bandwagon jumpers in my experience. Maybe that's not a good reason to hate the Braves, but it don't hurt. Taking Maddux away may be my main reason. Maybe it was because Skip always seemed to put me to sleep with his monotone, no emotion voice or maybe I'm a little jealous of their success in the 90s. Maybe, it's like what they say about u can't help who u love, maybe I can't help who I hate

It's not like I went over to the Braves thread and dogged u all out. I kept it in the Cubs thread and was really just sharing it with my fellow Cubs fans. Sorry to insult u all, but that's just how I feel about the Braves. I do have mad respect for a lot of Braves, like Murphy, Smoltz, Glavine, Justice, Javy, Andruw Jones and my boy Claudell Washington. My uncle used to say the reason Washington played so close to the foul line was so he could snort it between innings and he was a Braves fan

It's not like I went over to the Braves thread and dogged u all out. I kept it in the Cubs thread and was really just sharing it with my fellow Cubs fans. Sorry to insult u all, but that's just how I feel about the Braves. I do have mad respect for a lot of Braves, like Murphy, Smoltz, Glavine, Justice, Javy, Andruw Jones and my boy Claudell Washington. My uncle used to say the reason Washington played so close to the foul line was so he could snort it between innings and he was a Braves fan
I remember when Claudell was with the White Sox -- they had a banner in the right field stands that said 'Washington slept here'

Reactions: The Dog

VN Store

Back