The Official Chicago Cubby Bears Thread

Addison Russell has the lowest OPS of any Cubs regular at .761 which is still above league average.

Also the Cubs have 9 lineup regulars with higher if they wanted to play Baez at SS.

That’s insane.

Last edited:
lose three more to the Reds this weekend and I will lose respect for these guys 👀👀👀

lose three more to the Reds this weekend and I will lose respect for these guys 👀👀👀

To be fair we're a different ball club than than the one that had that horrible start to the season. We're finally healthy and we've gotten rid of Price.

Kris Bryant with at least one rehab start for the Smokies, earlier in the week. Not sure if they were at home, but if they were, I wished I had went. Those 3 straight years with Baez, Bryant, Schwarber, Conteras, Almora and Happ were special. Or was it 4 ?

Baez has a career .306 OBP. His OBP is currently only 33 (.328 which would be a career high) ticks higher than his BA. Needs to work on that before I make any retractions.

900 OPS with 18 (out of 20) bags and gold glove defense at 3 spots man gtfo

I said his offense was average. Never said anything about his defense or base running abilities. Which are both stellar. He is a super awesome player.

But, I’m not gonna call him Ernie Banks just yet. The K% is still too high and his BB% is comically low. In traditional senses the combination of the two can/will be catastrophic for long periods of time. However, to give him his credit, he is barreling balls. And barreling them at the right moment too.

Reactions: 1 person
I am hoping this is the year Baez becomes an all-star. That half year he had with the Smokies was amazing. The next year, Kris Bryant was even better. I read somewhere when Bryant was called up, he led the Southern League in 10 hitting categories. Idk, if that has ever happened b4, but I don't remember it ever happening. Follow that with Schwarber and then last year with Wilson Contreras and Almora, jr. It gives me confidence that will we have another stud this year at the Smokies, that will be called up to the show, at the least by September

I was a year early, but I knew it was inevitable, that Baez would be a superstar. Baez and Bryant are the 2 best Smokies, since they moved out of Bill Meyer Stadium and joined the Cubs organization. The 2 best I saw at Bill Meyer ....... Carlos Delgado and Alex Gonzalez (K-Jays)

2016 - 53-35, 7 games up at the AS Break.
2017 - 43-45, 5.5 games out at the AS Break.
2018 - 55-38, 2.5 games up at the AS Break.

VN Store

Back