The Official "Can't Stand LaVar Ball Already" Thread

I agree that it was successful in getting people talking, but Gronk got in the ring and actually did a move on someone at Wrestlemania. That garnered more press than this. And reports are that Vince was furious backstage about how this segment went, it was awful.

I loved it personally you either loved or hated it. I was one that loved it. I can see why some would hate it.

I hate to say this, because I am the one who started the thread....but I'm almost starting to like the guy. Just because it's easier to like him than it is to hate him. I DO think he is putting unfair expectations on the kid. But Lonzo himself said, "He talks, I just play." I wonder what the kids think about their dad's behavior, but he definitely is a supportive dad and (though outspoken), there for his kids, and I can appreciate that. I think he needs to shut up and just let his son have his career...but my lord he's entertaining.

On the topic of Ball's shot, I agree with his old man. Don't change it. He's only 19. See how his rookie year goes. You'll be able to tell if his shot's gonna work by the end of the season and then you can worry about changing it if need be.

It's gonna be painful watching this kid play for the Lakers over the next decade. Should have been a Phoenix Sun.

After his antics at this AAU whatever, I'm in. Dude is a clown show.

Yeah, i gotta agree that that was a legit call. Watched it multiple times. But even still, you don't teach your kids to walk off and quit when something doesn't go the way you think it should. They forfeited a game they could have won over something stupid.

Well, if it helps I'm a Lakers fan and I can't stand him at all. He seems like a complete idiot. I hope he never messes with our chances to contend for a title.

Well, if it helps I'm a Lakers fan and I can't stand him at all. He seems like a complete idiot. I hope he never messes with our chances to contend for a title.

Are you a Lakers fan just because Kobe's dad was called Jelly Bean?

Reactions: 1 person
Are you a Lakers fan just because Kobe's dad was called Jelly Bean?

I'm a Lakers fan because when I was growing up the Grizzlies were still in Vancouver and Shaq and Kobe were my favorite players. To my credit, I haven't wavered since even though we have sucked the past 4 seasons.

Kobe was the nightman

And Shaq was Liam McPoyle

attachment.php

I've been a Lakers fan constantly ever since they drafted Kobe. I think this year may be a bit painful to watch, but it'll be a good team. They won't be cellar dwellers. I think they miss playoffs, but will make people see the potential. As long as they keep Lonzo and Ingram, they'll be fine. Keep Lopez and sign 1-2 max free agents like they want, and they'll be back to a contender.

I've been a Lakers fan constantly ever since they drafted Kobe. I think this year may be a bit painful to watch, but it'll be a good team. They won't be cellar dwellers. I think they miss playoffs, but will make people see the potential. As long as they keep Lonzo and Ingram, they'll be fine. Keep Lopez and sign 1-2 max free agents like they want, and they'll be back to a contender.

Same. I love Kobe and honestly think he's one of the best to lace them up. People sell him short on his talent just because of his personality. And yeah, this year is probably gonna be rough on us. If we get to 30 wins or more, I'll take it as progress. I think Lonzo will be great, except for that awful jumpshot. Pretty much makes him one dimensional driving to his right as the pull-up jumper is not an option with that form. Not as sold on Ingram though, I don't think he's indispensible. Hopefully I'm wrong and he balls out. Keeping our young assets, getting Deng off the books, and signing 1-2 game changers in free agency should do wonders. LeBron and Westbrook would be ideal but let's face it, it's probably not happening. Playing Westbrook at the 2 and LeBron at the 4 could be devastating.

Same. I love Kobe and honestly think he's one of the best to lace them up. People sell him short on his talent just because of his personality. And yeah, this year is probably gonna be rough on us. If we get to 30 wins or more, I'll take it as progress. I think Lonzo will be great, except for that awful jumpshot. Pretty much makes him one dimensional driving to his right as the pull-up jumper is not an option with that form. Not as sold on Ingram though, I don't think he's indispensible. Hopefully I'm wrong and he balls out. Keeping our young assets, getting Deng off the books, and signing 1-2 game changers in free agency should do wonders. LeBron and Westbrook would be ideal but let's face it, it's probably not happening. Playing Westbrook at the 2 and LeBron at the 4 could be devastating.

Yeah, I don't see us getting Westbrook and Lebron. Just wouldn't make sense. Lebron and PG possibly. Or even Lebron and Boogie Cousins

VN Store

Back