The Official "Can't Stand LaVar Ball Already" Thread

I can’t stand LaVar, but the media is taking, and blowing, that comment WAAAAAY out proportion.

I can’t stand LaVar, but the media is taking, and blowing, that comment WAAAAAY out proportion.

The Lakers won't win comment without his son or the sexual innuendo he made today on ESPN? If the latter, he deserves to be shamed (not watching how it is being covered though).

What did he say?

Ball went on ESPN’s “First Take” on Monday morning to talk about the inclusion of his son, Lonzo Ball, in the trade package for Anthony Davis. And while he was in the process of loudly talking over every single question that was asked of him, he couldn’t stop himself from making host Molly Qerim extremely uncomfortable.

As Ball was blathering, Qerim interjected to try and get the segment to look more like an interview and less like the ramblings of an increasingly delusional basketball dad. She said, “LaVar, can I switch gears with you because I have a question here.”

Ball’s response? “You can switch gears with me anytime.”

ESPN condemns LaVar Ball's gross comment to Molly Qerim on 'First Take'

The Lakers won't win comment without his son or the sexual innuendo he made today on ESPN? If the latter, he deserves to be shamed (not watching how it is being covered though).
His tone wasn’t inuendo. He fired it back quick. Maybe he meant it the way the media is blowing it out proportion, maybe not. I lean not. Again, I can’t stand the dude and he deserves ZERO coverage, but they’re making something out of nothing IMO.

He could’ve walked it back but didn’t. Hell, Stephen A was looking at him like he was crazy for saying it. Many might’ve earned some latitude there, not him. He’s shock central.

ESPN has him on there so he can do **** like that. It's par for the course for him and no idea why people give him so much attention. It's not even entertaining in the way that it's fun to watch people be idiots.

"You can switch gears with me anytime” is actually a great responds. Lavar was basically saying she doesn’t have to ask to change the conversation, he’s ready for anything she throws at him. She made it sexual innuendo when its clear that he didnt mean it to be that way.

Yeah I know I am late lol.

Reactions: YankeeVol
"You can switch gears with me anytime” is actually a great responds. Lavar was basically saying she doesn’t have to ask to change the conversation, he’s ready for anything she throws at him. She made it sexual innuendo when its clear that he didnt mean it to be that way.

I agree, I'm not sure he meant it as an innuendo either, but nobody gives you the benefit of the doubt when you've done nothing but act like a giant douche in the public eye.

Reactions: TBrown

Exactly. It's not like he winked or smiled any differently than his goofy a** normally does.

His tone wasn’t inuendo. He fired it back quick. Maybe he meant it the way the media is blowing it out proportion, maybe not. I lean not. Again, I can’t stand the dude and he deserves ZERO coverage, but they’re making something out of nothing IMO.
His persona and overall appearance is old and this is a convenient way for ESPN to cut base from covering him in the media.

He meant it! Also don’t think it was that big a deal. But sometimes you imprison a dude for torturing a pet just before he starts murdering prostitutes.

VN Store

Back