The Official Bowling Green @ Tennessee Series Thread (Fri. 3/1 4:30PM EST) (Sat. 3/2 5PM EST) (Sun. 3/3 1PM EST) SEC NET+

Of course it had an impact on the game, Clemson lost a total of 8 at bats by the DH and Amick because of that decision.
Smdh..you do not coach a game to extend to 14 innings..Amick had just batted in the 8th…Clemson held the lead when the decision was made in the 9th…his position in the lineup then walked in the 10th as they loaded bases with no outs…the coach did everything he should have, the team just did not come through with a positive at bat with bases loaded in the 10th…tip the cap to Chase Burns but the game was decided then and the decision to pull Amick had nothing to do with it…it Is baseball, wild stuff like that occurs, but the coach was not at fault

Smdh..you do not coach a game to extend to 14 innings..Amick had just batted in the 8th…Clemson held the lead when the decision was made in the 9th…his position in the lineup then walked in the 10th as they loaded bases with no outs…the coach did everything he should have, the team just did not come through with a positive at bat with bases loaded in the 10th…tip the cap to Chase Burns but the game was decided then and the decision to pull Amick had nothing to do with it…it Is baseball, wild stuff like that occurs, but the coach was not at fault
As I said, it had a HUGE impact on the game regardless of arguing the merits of the decision. In hindsight, it gave UT a decisive advantage and helped put Amick in the transfer portal. It took away 8 quality at bats from Clemson in extra innings. I love the decision.

As I said, it had a HUGE impact on the game regardless of arguing the merits of the decision. In hindsight, it gave UT a decisive advantage and helped put Amick in the transfer portal. It took away 8 quality at bats from Clemson in extra innings. I love the decision.
Smdh…no and I have a hard time believing that is the only reason why Amick transferred. Either more was going down before or after that none of us will ever know, maybe Amick wanted to challenge himself in the best conference, maybe Tony made him an offer he couldn’t refuse thinking we may not have services of Denton. You do not coach in hindsight after your team has a 99.9 percent chance of winning a game. Cmon man. But again having Burns in the bullpen was the right decision for us and won us that game…yet we still lost out on his services. Do you love that decision…I would say it’s a wash at best.

Smdh…no and I have a hard time believing that is the only reason why Amick transferred. Either more was going down before or after that none of us will ever know, maybe Amick wanted to challenge himself in the best conference, maybe Tony made him an offer he couldn’t refuse thinking we may not have services of Denton. You do not coach in hindsight after your team has a 99.9 percent chance of winning a game. Cmon man. But again having Burns in the bullpen was the right decision for us and won us that game…yet we still lost out on his services. Do you love that decision…I would say it’s a wash at best.
Taking a guy out for a better defensive player could be considered a slap in the face if you believe you are good. I do believe there is more to the story.

Ha—it’s indisputable that there is cause and effect. Pulling Amick and losing the DH (and Amick’s bat for 5 innings) absolutely impacted the game. Statistically, Grice and Amick were very similar in fielding percentage at 1B, but Grice obviously had a lot more experience. I didn’t think it was a good decision by Clemson watching it live at the game. Granted, many managers would have done the same thing simply trying to protect a lead for 2 more outs. Anyway, agree to disagree. I’m sure there were numerous reasons why Amick transferred but I’m positive this decision was one of them.
Finally…Without Chase moving to the bullpen, I don’t think UT makes it to Omaha. So, I like that decision very much. I wish Chase was still wearing orange, but hope we light him up if we face him in the playoffs and/or Omaha. I hope Chase lights everyone up except for us. 🍊👍😀👊😃👍🍊 GBO!

Ha—it’s indisputable that there is cause and effect. Pulling Amick and losing the DH (and Amick’s bat for 5 innings) absolutely impacted the game. Statistically, Grice and Amick were very similar in fielding percentage at 1B, but Grice obviously had a lot more experience. I didn’t think it was a good decision by Clemson watching it live at the game. Granted, many managers would have done the same thing simply trying to protect a lead for 2 more outs. Anyway, agree to disagree. I’m sure there were numerous reasons why Amick transferred but I’m positive this decision was one of them.
Finally…Without Chase moving to the bullpen, I don’t think UT makes it to Omaha. So, I like that decision very much. I wish Chase was still wearing orange, but hope we light him up if we face him in the playoffs and/or Omaha. I hope Chase lights everyone up except for us. 🍊👍😀👊😃👍🍊 GBO!
This is why I wish we had a PM function. Haha…there is more to discuss but we just can’t here..have a good one and Go Vols! I sure do love baseball talk though and the art of the game.

Ultimately, he had been treated similarly all year. He loved the school but did not see eye to eye with the new coach and his philosophy. He is an old school guy so transferring to UT definitely changed the coaching side of it. He also fits in well from what I'm told by everyone.
From the outside looking in, the chemestry sure seems spot on this year.

From the outside looking in, the chemestry sure seems spot on this year.

I've sat within 10-20 feet of the dugout every single game this year.

That is one of the more relaxed yet competitive dugouts/benches/sidelines I've ever been around. Seems like a very good mix of people.

More than a few good leaders that I've noticed too.

This is why I wish we had a PM function. Haha…there is more to discuss but we just can’t here..have a good one and Go Vols! I sure do love baseball talk though and the art of the game.
Same to you sir. Baseball is certainly “a thinking man’s game” and why I love it so much. I love the “old school” vs new age analytics debate. Certainly merits to both and hindsight is always perfect vision. I honestly wouldn’t trade our coaching staff (and administration) for anyone’s. Absolutely thrilled with CTV, CFA, CJE, Q, Boyd, Plowman, White.

Same to you sir. Baseball is certainly “a thinking man’s game” and why I love it so much. I love the “old school” vs new age analytics debate. Certainly merits to both and hindsight is always perfect vision. I honestly wouldn’t trade our coaching staff (and administration) for anyone’s. Absolutely thrilled with CTV, CFA, CJE, Q, Boyd, Plowman, White.
Not a chance I’d want anybody over Tony! Any of them for that matter…how awesome is Donde from administrative side. Pretty damn incredible.

VN Store

Back