The Official Boston Celtics Thread

Tough opening game for the Celtics on Tuesday night, they were in the game for 2 1/2 quarters then the Heat opened up a sizable lead. It's obvious to see the Celtics are still learning to play w/ each other & their defensive rotations. Pierce, Rondo, & Barbosa had a very good game. I was surprised to see how good Barbosa played w/ as late as he was signed. I thought Lee played good in the 1st half but faded in the 2nd. Bass also had a good game.

I'm not going to overreact after 1 game of the season, Celtics have a lot of new faces that need to mesh together & get their roles figured out. Once they do that I still think they are going to give the Heat a battle for the East.

Lee and terry are good players that just seemed out of place as they are still adjusting. Celtics are good.

Lee and terry are good players that just seemed out of place as they are still adjusting. Celtics are good.

They're good for 2nd place in a weak conference. And a 5 game series against the Heat in the ECF due to Rose being hurt.

Rivers likes the way the team is practicing.

Ygk3k.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
Rondo with an insane stat line.

Talking about last nights game against Chicago?

Got his 10th assist w/ 22 seconds to go, Bulls should have fouled but didn't & let the C's get Bass open under the rim. Let Rondo continue his streak of 10+ assist to 31 straight games.

C's are improving game by game, ball movement is getting better on O & rotations on D have looked better the past 2 games.

Terry is starting to get comfortable. Barbosa has added a spark off the bench, he's looked good taking the ball to the rim so far.

Celtics still looking bad on defense, Lee is bringing nothing to the offensive side of the ball.

We desperatley need a true center on this team to help KG out. We get killed on the boards on a nightly basis. Still a long season, holding out hope that this team can somehow put it together in the 2nd half like they have done the past 2 years.

Good win for the C's on Christmas day, Sullinger had a great great game. Green has stepped up his play in the month of December, he needs to learn to attack more IMO.

Sullinger is showing every sign of a quality player. This is pretty much exactly what advanced stats said about him coming out of college. Solid, but probably never a star. He was a steal at #20, or whatever he was picked at.

Celtics have won 3 in a row & had a big win at NY last night w/out Rondo. Coming back to Boston for a few home games now.

Celtics w/ another good win last night making it 5 in a row, Sullinger is playing GREAT!! Jeff Green has really stepped his game up lately, he is playing like he was during the preseason now. The defense has improved a ton since Avery Bradley returned.

Ray Allen makes his return back to Boston & the TD Garden today at 1:00pm. I'd expect a mix of boo's & cheers.

After winning 6 straight & making their way up the standings in the East, the Celtics have now dropped 6 straight & are hanging on to 8th in the East. I honeslty don't understand the issue w/ this team. Just the other night they jumped out to a 27 point lead against the Hawks & then fell apart.

This team has very good talent, they just can't put it together. It's way to soon to give up on them but they are making it hard to have any confidence they can turn it around.

sidenote: read a rumor yesterday that the Celtics, Lakers, & Grizz were talking about a 3 team trade that would send Pau Gasol to Boston, Rudy Gay to LA, & Paul Pierce to Memphis.

I'd be PISSED if Ainge traded Pierce, I won't him to finish his career as a Celtic.

If the Celtics had any glimpse of hope turning this season around it just vanished w/ the news of Rondo tearing his ACL.

That Rondo injury has to hurt. Looks like no playoffs this season. I hate seeing a player as talented as rondo suffer an injury like that.

Dang, what did I miss today? How did Rondo's injury happen?

Dang, what did I miss today? How did Rondo's injury happen?

in their game friday, not sure what happened, but it sounded like they thought it was just hyper extended. he tried to go today but couldnt, then they took him to check it. atleast thats what i think i gathered from the game today.

VN Store

Back