The Official Belmont @ #1 Tennessee Game Thread (Tues. May 14th 5PM EST SECNET+)

He threw a bullpen today. CTV wants him to pitch to hitters next. I’m guessing we don’t see him until Sat and maybe only an inning. If he doesn’t have a setback, we will def see him in Hoover.
Cant imagine throwing him into a real game if he at least doesn’t get in this weekend or during Hoover. I guess for a situational out or two…who knows…getting awfully late…BTW…do you have a spare Dr. Pepper pack I can buy from you…hahaha

Reactions: VolPack22
Cant imagine throwing him into a real game if he at least doesn’t get in this weekend or during Hoover. I guess for a situational out or two…who knows…getting awfully late…BTW…do you have a spare Dr. Pepper pack I can buy from you…hahaha
Man, I wish I had known. I couldn’t give them away 2 years ago.

Reactions: gnm53108
It really helps bubble teams to cheat.
Depends on what their record is. If they are 1 game over .500 then they would absolutely cancel to stay above .500. If you are right at .500 or 1 game under you would probably be better served to play that midweek game. The issue today is that 1/3rd of the top 25 cancelled games today to save their RPI. Hopefully the NCAA punishes those teams with their seeding because they sent out a memo just a few weeks ago telling programs not to do that. If they really want to curb the practice then they can adjust their RPI formula to make cancelled games a loss or a draw instead of removing the game from the system entirely. That’s the best solution imo.

Depends on what their record is. If they are 1 game over .500 then they would absolutely cancel to stay above .500. If you are right at .500 or 1 game under you would probably be better served to play that midweek game. The issue today is that 1/3rd of the top 25 cancelled games today to save their RPI. Hopefully the NCAA punishes those teams with their seeding because they sent out a memo just a few weeks ago telling programs not to do that. If they really want to curb the practice then they can adjust their RPI formula to make cancelled games a loss or a draw instead of removing the game from the system entirely. That’s the best solution imo.
Just calculate them all as a loss and let's roll.

He threw a bullpen today. CTV wants him to pitch to hitters next. I’m guessing we don’t see him until Sat and maybe only an inning. If he doesn’t have a setback, we will def see him in Hoover.
I was really hoping to see an short outing during the Vandy series. We’ll see what happens vs USC. But at this point I’d rather him just get healthy. If he can give the team 3-6 outs in supers or Omaha that’s a cherry on top at this point.

Phillips's day is done after 14 pitches and 2 K's. Hunley to the mound for UT.

Ground out to 2B.

Standup double to LF.

Hunley - Backwards K.

Hunley's day is done after 12 pitches and 1 K. Schaefer to the mound for UT.

Fly out to CF.

Belmont is out of outs.

Run rule in effect.

VOLS WIN 10-0!!! Hello, win column!!

UT pitchers finish with 9 K's on the day.
once again,
an orange Im glad youre doing this thank you

Anyone think that Burke might have hurt his wrist on the last at bat? He threw the bat down a little funny, at first I thought it was just frustration but then he didn't hit again? maybe just a coincidence?

Reactions: JarFly
I was really hoping to see an short outing during the Vandy series. We’ll see what happens vs USC. But at this point I’d rather him just get healthy. If he can give the team 3-6 outs in supers or Omaha that’s a cherry on top at this point.
Tony said I'm post game interview they this weekend is likely. They will now plan for what situations to consider using him.

Anyone think that Burke might have hurt his wrist on the last at bat? He threw the bat down a little funny, at first I thought it was just frustration but then he didn't hit again? maybe just a coincidence?
Yep, I was a little worried about that when I saw it. It did look awkward and painful.

Reactions: JarFly

VN Store

Back