The Official 2024 Arena Football League Thread (Kickoff April 27)

VolsSportsFan

Mo Money Mo Problems - Michael Scott
I'm mostly going to follow this because the Nashville Kats are back.

I have to say my initial excitement for this league has taken a pretty steep nosedive. Looking at the teams, this looks like a generic version of the old AFL. Some of the old teams are back but they have filled the league out with a bunch of really quetionable locations. I mean the Central Divison is 3 teams in Kansas. It's like if they made a baseball league with about half major league teams and then half single A clubs. LIke this reminds me of when they tried to initially rescurrect the ABA and turns out "ABA" was about the only thing it had in common with the old one. I'm going to guess a good chunk of these initial teams will fold or be relocated next year, if there is a next year.

On top of that, the Kats are playing at the Municipal Auditorium, not Bridgestone Arena. That's a yuck.

Reactions: MAD

The uniforms are generic all black uniforms. Just awful. I thought the uniforms were supposed to be the ones in their Twitter header but guess not. Those are MUCH better.

1712617583978.png

That's what I thought their uniforms were going to be, which IMO are 1000 times better. They have a Pitt vibe to them.

But nooooo....let's pullout the "cool" black uniform like it's 2005.

The games that aren't on NFL Network... the only place I can find them is these OTA DTV channels. I bought a cheap antenna off Amazon and hooked it up and even though I don't live close to the tower it seems to be working just fine. I don't have a streaming device so I can't share the feed. If I come up with anything I'll post it. Jaq Blakely is the only VFL on the team AFAIK

1713901165873.png

VN Store

Back