The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

VN brethren, normally don’t share personal information on here but Dangit I’m so excited forget that… I’m getting married today!!! Final found my Mrs Lefteye. Finger crossed for no rain and if you’re a prayer those would be greatly appreciated.

And O will have the baseball game tracker in the pocket during just to keep this sports related. Love y’all

GBO
Awesome! Many prosperous and happy years to you both.

I don’t understand why everybody is completely assuming Cade Phillips won’t have an impact this next year. It seemed like he was getting a lot of hype last offseason, and now he’s had a year to grow. Was a decently highly rated recruit. Played a little, mostly looked like a freshman, but had flashes. I don’t think it’s crazy to expect him to be in the rotation this next year

Reactions: garyp194
I don’t understand why everybody is completely assuming Cade Phillips won’t have an impact this next year. It seemed like he was getting a lot of hype last offseason, and now he’s had a year to grow. Was a decently highly rated recruit. Played a little, mostly looked like a freshman, but had flashes. I don’t think it’s crazy to expect him to be in the rotation this next year
Hard to see him finding his way on the court by the time conference play rolls around, unless one of JP, Igor, or Dubar gets injured or just really comes in and sucks. We are loaded at 4 next season.

Okpara will also be at the 5. Will probably be the only true 5 we have in the rotation, with JP able to play the 4 in a big lineup.
I guess I didn’t realize Okpara was such a sure thing. I can start to see the minutes crunch then if he’s coming here. I just hope Cade sticks it out, I think he can be a good player

Well if we assume that Lanier, Igor, Mabar & Okpara are Vols, and that once again Barnes plays no more than 9 guys, who do you have CP ahead of?

Zeigler
Gainey
Carr
Mashack
Lanier
Igor
Okpara
Dubar
Estrella
——————
Phillips
Boswell
Mabar

Well if we assume that Lanier, Igor, Mabar & Okpara are Vols, and that once again Barnes plays no more than 9 guys, who do you have CP ahead of?

Zeigler
Gainey
Carr
Mashack
Lanier
Igor
Okpara
Dubar
Estrella
——————
Phillips
Boswell
Mabar
Yeah. It’s a busy time for me, and the portal stuff swirls so fast, I had not realized Okpara was trending heavily in our direction until berryvol let me know. I can see how Cade might get squeezed, but I hope he stays bc I have hope for him in the future

Yeah. It’s a busy time for me, and the portal stuff swirls so fast, I had not realized Okpara was trending heavily in our direction until berryvol let me know. I can see how Cade might get squeezed, but I hope he stays bc I have hope for him in the future
I’m with you and hope for the same

I still don’t understand why Tyson would want to walk into a crowded lineup at NC while he could easily get more playing time here.
This is what they have currently…

PG: Cadeua
SG: Davis/Trimble
SF: Jackson/Powell
PF: Withers
C: Washington/High/Brown

They’ve talked about Thiero coming in as a starting 4, if that happens then it would appear to be like a serious logjam for minutes 1-3 unless they’re going to bench one of their 2 Top 15 five stars.
In fairness fans/coaches of UNC can look at UT and say…

PG: Zeigler/Boswell
SG: Gainey/Carr
SF: Mashack/Dubar
PF: Milicic
C: Okpara/Estrella/Phillips

And then also say we are pursuing/gonna add Lanier much like we are saying about Thiero.

Reactions: Orange.
Or Carr. A mid or low major guy that scores 12 to 15 a game may not be significantly better than these two. Everyone just assumes these two are gonna be shoved to the side. I can see Carr getting a lot of minutes no matter what.

Reactions: Vol49er
Or Carr. A mid or low major guy that scores 12 to 15 a game may not be significantly better than these two. Everyone just assumes these two are gonna be shoved to the side. I can see Carr getting a lot of minutes no matter what.
Yeah, Carr is the reason I’m not super invested in whether Cade Tyson comes here. I mean it’d be nice, no doubt, but assuming the other portal guys we expect to come here do, seems there’s already 10 guys I’d feel comfortable with being in the rotation without Tyson (Z/ Gainey/ Lanier/ Carr/ Mashack/ Dubar/ Igor/ Estrella/ Okpara/ Phillips). And Barnes (like most coaches) isnt going to consistently play more than 8-9 guys. So I don’t necessarily want someone like Carr or Mashack to transfer bc we brought in more people than we can play

I fully admit to having an emotional bias towards players that we signed out of high school and especially those who have been playing here for years, though

VN Store

Back