The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Excited, definitely Ed. Horny, not that excited yet. There will be some pressure on Barnes and the Vols this year and it worries me a little. Not sure UT will win as many games this year as last, but I think they make better runs in the SEC and NCAA Tournaments
Yep the surprise element is gone but we're pretty well loaded personnel wise. Expectations should be high.
Nice article on CJS. LMUs head bb coach. I became instant friends with this dude.
Basketball found Josh Schertz

Reactions: IndianapolisVol
I tend to think it's both lines of scrimmage and a general lack of SEC-calibre speed. The OL and DL picked it up as the game wore on and depth became an issue, but we will be dominated by opposing SEC lines for the foreseeable future, I'm afraid.
That's my take. You can have all the great skill players you want, but if you don't control the line of scrimmage in the SEC, you struggle.

I tend to think it's both lines of scrimmage and a general lack of SEC-calibre speed. The OL and DL picked it up as the game wore on and depth became an issue, but we will be dominated by opposing SEC lines for the foreseeable future, I'm afraid.

Pretty much. UTEP is possibly the worst team in FBS and we couldn't dominate them.

The FF is such a circus. It's pretty much impossible to be middle of the road on Pruitt. If you point out anything you find concerning, you're a Negavol. If you say anything positive, you're a Sunshine Pumper. Although I personally find the "Sunshine Pumpers" more annoying at the moment because they seem to be a bit more agressive.

The FF is such a circus. It's pretty much impossible to be middle of the road on Pruitt. If you point out anything you find concerning, you're a Negavol. If you say anything positive, you're a Sunshine Pumper. Although I personally find the "Sunshine Pumpers" more annoying at the moment because they seem to be a bit more agressive.

The Sunshine pumpers
are always aggressive .... Not just the FF.

Just a bunch of your typical emotional and irrational thinkers.

Any information or opinions of dissent are looked at as a direct affront and attack on their well being. It’s a natural lizard brain defense mechanism for self preservation.

Have you ever told someone their religious or political views are wrong/bad and that person became visibly angry, upset or disgusted? Think about it, there is no logical reason to become mad. Their brain is subconsciously thinking to itself that this sliver of info is dangerous to their personal indentity.

Just a bunch of your typical emotional and irrational thinkers.

Any information or opinions of dissent are looked at as a direct affront and attack on their well being. It’s a natural lizard brain defense mechanism for self preservation.

Have you ever told someone their religious or political views are wrong/bad and that person became visibly angry, upset or disgusted? Think about it, there is no logical reason to become mad. Their brain is subconsciously thinking to itself that this sliver of info is dangerous to their personal indentity.

Yeah, I just find it humorous that after the last 2 coaches, people are so quick to automatically label a guy as "THE guy", or comments like "We have a REAL coach now". Lol, really, based on what? Do people just forget the exact same things were said about Kiffin, Dooley, and Jones? And when you point that out, they act like you're being negative. That's not negative, that's called "waiting and seeing". And they ignore I say the same thing to those who automatically act like he's NOT the man. The funniest part is I know some saying those things said the same thing about Dooley/Jones AND were the ones calling anyone saying otherwise "negative" AND were the ones wanting to run them out of dodge their last year.

I guess I find most of the ultra sunshine pumping just cheap ways to get likes.

To all of their credit we’ve pretty much sucked for 10 straight years now. Even the 2 seasons Butch won 9 games were filled with underachievement. Since 2008 we’ve had 5 coaches, only had 4 winning seasons, lost 7 or more games 6 times, and we’re 26-54 in SEC play.

There is only so much a guy can take.

The year before we fired Fulmer in 2008 we won 10 games, went to the SEC Championship game and lost by 1 touchdown on a last second pick 6.

I’m so tired of losing. Looking like it’s going to be a long season but I hope I’m wrong.

To all of their credit we’ve pretty much sucked for 10 straight years now. Even the 2 seasons Butch won 9 games were filled with underachievement. Since 2008 we’ve had 5 coaches, only had 4 winning seasons, lost 7 or more games 6 times, and we’re 26-54 in SEC play.

The year before we fired Fulmer in 2008 we won 10 games, went to the SEC Championship game and lost by 1 touchdown on a last second pick 6.

I’m so tired of losing. Looking like it’s going to be a long season but I hope I’m wrong.

Our next winning season will be in the next decade

Which is why I don't get the ones that are yelling at people for not crowning Pruitt "the man". I would think every sane Vol fan would have a healthy amount of skepticism given what we've gone through for 10 years.

Anyone know how to access sec network+ on roku since watchespn disappeared. Need to figure this out before October. Explanations online are all mud. need simple.

Anyone know how to access sec network+ on roku since watchespn disappeared. Need to figure this out before October. Explanations online are all mud. need simple.
Can pay like 25 bucks a month to get slingTV with the sports plus package and you’ll get SEC Network and SEC Network + as well as any game that would otherwise be streaming on ESPN3.

They have a 7 day free trial that’s pretty easy to manipulate, so if you’re hard up and don’t mind creating 8 or 10 new email addresses you can watch the whole season for free with the 7 day trial as long as you keep canceling it before midnight on the 7th day. Once you’ve cancelled it just sign up again the next day under a new email address. Trust me, it works.

Can pay like 25 bucks a month to get slingTV with the sports plus package and you’ll get SEC Network and SEC Network + as well as any game that would otherwise be streaming on ESPN3.

They have a 7 day free trial that’s pretty easy to manipulate, so if you’re hard up and don’t mind creating 8 or 10 new email addresses you can watch the whole season for free with the 7 day trial as long as you keep canceling it before midnight on the 7th day. Once you’ve cancelled it just sign up again the next day under a new email address. Trust me, it works.
Is that the ESPN+ Free 7 day Trial?

Weird, I have a Roku TV and I still have the ESPN app.

VN Store

Back