The Oakland A's- MLB's ACTUAL AAA team

You may think I'm insane and I probably am, but I really wouldn't be surprised to see Emil Brown get the CF spot and Deno wind up in right or left. Not sure who has the better arm between Deno and Buck, but obviously, the better arm goes to right, the other at left. Either way, Deno will definitely be a starter.

Emil is bad news. A very inconsistent player. At times in KC he would look very good, hit 2 home runs in a game and make some great catches. Then the next 10 games he would go 0-40 at the plate with 4 errors. The talents is there, if you can hammer out the consistency you may be golden.

I know spring training is just spring training, but the A's are 6-2, leading the cactus league and having no trouble whatsoever scoring runs. In fact, they lead spring training in scoring with 65 runs scored against only 35 runs given up. This is not good for me, as I am now starting to get hopeful.

I know spring training is just spring training, but the A's are 6-2, leading the cactus league and having no trouble whatsoever scoring runs. In fact, they lead spring training in scoring with 65 runs scored against only 35 runs given up. This is not good for me, as I am now starting to get hopeful.

Well as a Royals fan, that's what my response to this was going to be.

Emil is bad news. A very inconsistent player. At times in KC he would look very good, hit 2 home runs in a game and make some great catches. Then the next 10 games he would go 0-40 at the plate with 4 errors. The talents is there, if you can hammer out the consistency you may be golden.

That sounds like a majority of the A's players right now.

Suzuki, Johnson, Chavez, Ellis and Buck can all go into some serious, serious slumps.

Emil could prob be a gold glover too, but he just does some dumb stuff in the field sometimes idk.

so what you're telling me KC is that the A's finally have Eric Byrnes back?

so what you're telling me KC is that the A's finally have Eric Byrnes back?

haha yes I guess that's exactly what I'm saying. Just remember no matter how impossible a ball is to catch, dive anyways. No matter when the ball rolls all the way to wall, at least you tried your best.

one moment I'll never forget in my lifetime is watching Byrnsie climb the wall in Yankee stadium to try and prevent a jimmy jack that landed about 35 rows up. He had no chance, yet he basically climbed the wall and stood on top of it anyways.

umm, thanks. Between the tagline under chavvy's picture and the quote below, I'm not sure how there can be any real optimism this year. If the A's finish ahead of the Royals this year, it should be considered a success. Here's the quote:

"Nothing is happening with me," Chavez says, "unless I get healthy. If I had been healthy, I'm sure I would have been traded already."

I haven't seen it, he get caught in a rundown? One day drives in the winning run, the next day gets caught in a rundown to end a game. I rest my case.
It wasn't to end the game but he was the tying runner in scoring position and he tried to make it to third when he had no chance killing the rally in the process.

VN Store

Back