The gauntlet is over

The SC game doesn't set up well for us. I think we'll have to win 2 out 3 versus Mizzou, UK, VU..

Absolutely. We can win every game left on the schedule.

Will we? I don't know, but we definitely have the chance
I suppose it’s possible but for some reason I see us getting boat raced by Missouri.. they have a very good offense and I just don’t see us being able to keep up... plus they just seem to always kick our ass for some reason... everyone else seems double but didn’t South Carolina have a bye this week?

Nobody wants to go to a bowl game any more that CJP and the players. This is not going to be an easy stretch of games either. We will be a dog in three of them.

As long as we play as a hungry dog, then starting as an underdog to finish on top as the big dog is perfectly a'ight. Right?

The football gods wanted to jab us one more time in this decade of darkness by giving a first year coach the toughest 4-game stretch for any team in football history.

It’s over now and 8-4 is still on the table.

Get excited for the rest of the season, every game we have left is winnable.

GBO, no matter what.
I've been saying for months that South Carolina wouldn't be that good, despite what everyone was saying in the summer.
I've also been saying this team will improve and finish strong. 8-4 or 7-5 here we come.

We need to call a better game than what we saw yeterday.

The rest on our schedule are winnable games.

We have to put pressure on their QB.

Still need to our calls to make sense on offense. Our 1st 3rd down call was so typical. What happened to the catch and throws from the Auburn game?

We beat mediocre AU team and you all of a sudden forget we've been beaten by at least 26 points in every other game? The rest of the games are closer to AU than Bama for sure but you are trolling your damn self if you think we are winning out. Delusional.

I never stated we'd win out. Sayinh there 100% no shot is delusional. Every remaining team on our schedule is a winnable game. We likely wont win them all but we have the capacity too. One game at a time, see how it shakes out.

Apart from Charlotte, FPI still has TN losing the rest of the games. This year ultimately isn’t based on wins/losses, it’s how much better the team is in week one vs week 12. Do you feel Tn is better today than week one? I do although some showed stage fright yesterday but even that is invaluable experience for the young guys who will play all 4 years. SC will be a very hard game to win because two things are already working against Tn. One, it’s a night game, adv SC. Two, since Saban took over, teams are under 500 after they play Bama. Why? They beat you up physically.

3-2 is a good finish, 4-1 is great, 5-0 and everyone is fired up and recruits line up to play for Tn.

The football gods wanted to jab us one more time in this decade of darkness by giving a first year coach the toughest 4-game stretch for any team in football history.

GBO, no matter what.
The Gauntlet that was referred to early in the season started with Georgia and ended with South Carolina. Florida was not part of the gauntlet. It was considered a potentially winnable game by most.

I don't think we can beat Missouri. Kentucky, Vandy and South Carolina could go either way. Charlotte, we can beat. I say 5-7 or 6-6.
Missouri is beatable.
They re not the same team on the road as they are at home. They ll be on their 7th straight game since the bye week with UK, UF and Vandy all between now and UT.

The more tape coaches get on UK the more their O struggles. Their D is legit. Will be a low scoring game. They ll be fresh off uGA.

Schedule sets up worse for us next week but better after that.

All are winnable with SC being the most difficult IMO. We re coming off Au and Bama. SC is coming off a bye. And it's over there.

I agree. This is where we are going to see what this staff is made of. Anything less than 6-6 is a failure IMO.

I agree. This is where we are going to see what this staff is made of. Anything less than 6-6 is a failure IMO.
I wouldn't go quite that far; especially as bad as we are up front. When you can't run the ball, nothing comes easy. But we definitely need to play all of our remaining opponents tough. I'd say were getting ready to see some close games.

I wouldn't go quite that far; especially as bad as we are up front. When you can't run the ball, nothing comes easy. But we definitely need to play all of our remaining opponents tough. I'd say were getting ready to see some close games.

I see four beatable SEC teams left on the schedule. Should at least be able to split those games.

We are going to find out a lot about our coaching staff now. I think we win 2 out of 3 against USC, Mizzou and KY. For the team he inherited - where Butch killed football for these young men - that's great coaching. Ignore the Alabama game. Tennessee is trending up.

Reactions: Creekcat

GBO, no matter what.
I'm in!! GO VOLS!!!

could it be we Vol fans see a light at the end of the tunnel and it isn't an
on-coming train!!?? I'm sure the tough opponents have made these players
tougher and the rest of the season gives us hope

VN Store

Back