The Dallas Cowboys football circus thread

Less healthy line than last season. Healthy Sean Lee on defense and Marinelli has coached up some contributors...huge! Jerry has been deferring to Stephen and the scouts (mostly) draftwise, and this latest one has produced! When you're not having a heart attack every time your QB takes a sack or hard hit, the resulting peace of mind begats confidence and dedication to a gameplan thus wins! No way this team wins a game like Philly where everything goes wrong and you still pull it out, the previous 5-10'years. This is new territory.

I certainly agree that Prescott needs to continue to be the starter but I think the offensive line actually plays better with Leary at guard for Collins. So while you say less healthy, it's actually a better offensive line and the same one that dominated the league in 2014 before they inserted Collins in Learys spot. Leary is a better pass blocker for sure.

I also agree with Marshall Faulk who did a segment on the rich Eisen show and he said that while Tony knows everything and every play and checks out of bad plays when he sees them, Prescott doesn't know that we're running into a bad play but sometimes your line is just so good it doesn't matter. Basically saying that Tony is not doing anything wrong but sometimes your guys are just better than the other guys

Last edited:
I certainly agree that Prescott needs to continue to be the starter but I think the offensive line actually plays better with Leary at guard for Collins. So while you say less healthy, it's actually a better offensive line and the same one that dominated the league in 2014 before they inserted Collins in Learys spot. Leary is a better pass blocker for sure.

I also agree with Marshall Faulk who did a segment on the rich Eisen show and he said that while Tony knows everything and every play and checks out of bad plays when he sees them, Prescott doesn't know that we're running into a bad play but sometimes your line is just so good it doesn't matter. Basically saying that Tony is not doing anything wrong but sometimes your guys are just better than the other guys

To me this isn't a Tony vs Dak issue. It's an injured Tony that couldn't get healthy and his totally ineffective backups last year vs Dak this season issue. Leary has played very well...and he was here LAST SEASON. The offensive line has been the control in this comparison...they didn't get more talented this season...their weapons did. Dak still has to learn the NFL and adjust to the adjustments that opposing DC's will implement. Composure and consistently not out thinking himself are remarkable qualities in a rookie (or any starting QB for that matter) and those are issues Tony has struggled with throughout his career. When Tom Brady was in his second season and replaced the experienced Pro Bowler in the lineup, he wasn't the finished star he is presently...was a few seasons away from that actually. But the team responded better and played better FOR him. I see the same dynamic developing here. This OL is the product of Jerry finally deferring to Stephen and his personnel people. Since being gathered they've been the best unit...I'm just saying that's not the DIFFERENCE this season.

Reactions: 1 person
To me this isn't a Tony vs Dak issue. It's an injured Tony that couldn't get healthy and his totally ineffective backups last year vs Dak this season issue. Leary has played very well...and he was here LAST SEASON. The offensive line has been the control in this comparison...they didn't get more talented this season...their weapons did. Dak still has to learn the NFL and adjust to the adjustments that opposing DC's will implement. Composure and consistently not out thinking himself are remarkable qualities in a rookie (or any starting QB for that matter) and those are issues Tony has struggled with throughout his career. When Tom Brady was in his second season and replaced the experienced Pro Bowler in the lineup, he wasn't the finished star he is presently...was a few seasons away from that actually. But the team responded better and played better FOR him. I see the same dynamic developing here. This OL is the product of Jerry finally deferring to Stephen and his personnel people. Since being gathered they've been the best unit...I'm just saying that's not the DIFFERENCE this season.

Another top notch post butcha. Doing well posting about my Cowboys buddy. :good!:

Won't serve a second. Goodell would have to explain how they allowed Josh Brown to slip through the cracks whilst putting the screws to Elliott over a discredited accuser. Got enough racist flak going as it is. Keep trying to tell me stuff Lunch Meat. :wink2:

Won't serve a second. Goodell would have to explain how they allowed Josh Brown to slip through the cracks whilst putting the screws to Elliott over a discredited accuser. Got enough racist flak going as it is. Keep trying to tell me stuff Lunch Meat. :wink2:

Where's Josh Brown playing these days?

Like I said & Yankee said it's coming whether we like it or not. Not a thing we can do about it either there buddy.

He's Roger Goodell & in control of the NFL there bag of bones since you called me Much Meat. Bag of Bones sounds better because we're closer to Halloween. :wink:

Where's Josh Brown playing these days?

Got away with it before the backlash and new revelations..,CONFIRMED abuse! Key factor is white kicker beats wife and gets away with it. Along with other perceived unfair meting out of discipline...not a second for Elliott. :)

Like I said & Yankee said it's coming whether we like it or not. Not a thing we can do about it either there buddy.

He's Roger Goodell & in control of the NFL there bag of bones since you called me Much Meat. Bag of Bones sounds better because we're closer to Halloween. :wink:

Like basically everything else you fall apart on this board, you won't revisit this when your guess turns wrong again. Keep spitting it out Olive Loaf. :)

Like basically everything else you fall apart on this board, you won't revisit this when your guess turns wrong again. Keep spitting it out Olive Loaf. :)

Going by your over 32,000 posts it seems you're the one that makes things fall apart & not me. Ha! :p:wink:

I know Leary was here last year. Leary started in 2014 but then Collins replaced him last year. He's wanted a trade. Collins gets injured and he's back in and the line is playing better. He's a better pass blocker than Collins.

Got away with it before the backlash and new revelations..,CONFIRMED abuse! Key factor is white kicker beats wife and gets away with it. Along with other perceived unfair meting out of discipline...not a second for Elliott. :)

The February incident says police called but zero signs of abuse. No arrests. There is no way Goodell can suspend him. Lord I could call the cops on someone right now for assault. Doesn't mean it happened. The police in Ohio have the texts she sent requesting others lie so she could try to get him in trouble.

Reactions: 1 person
And....................you? :neener: :ninja:

Doing fine. Every post is intelligible and coherent. I'm obviously good at it. Still hope for you...embrace herbal tea and meditation. Basically calm yourself and have an inkling of what you're talking about, instead of trying to beat the imaginary timer in your head that makes you blurt out reactionary and poorly thought out nonsense...faith in ya Pimento Spread. :)

The February incident says police called but zero signs of abuse. No arrests. There is no way Goodell can suspend him. Lord I could call the cops on someone right now for assault. Doesn't mean it happened. The police in Ohio have the texts she sent requesting others lie so she could try to get him in trouble.

Great points ! Alls I'm saying. Goodell is under fire for his uneven reign and the owners want to extend the collective bargaining agreement. Another of these PR catastrophes and he's a chip in the negotiations. The players would even sign off on the 18 game season to get his butt out of there. Don't think he doesn't know that. :)

Doing fine. Every post is intelligible and coherent. I'm obviously good at it. Still hope for you...embrace herbal tea and meditation. Basically calm yourself and have an inkling of what you're talking about, instead of trying to beat the imaginary timer in your head that makes you blurt out reactionary and poorly thought out nonsense...faith in ya Pimento Spread. :)

Thanks for taking over as my doctor now. I won't have to go back there anymore now. I have one right here on VN & his name is Dr. Butchna! :p:p:wink:

I know Leary was here last year. Leary started in 2014 but then Collins replaced him last year. He's wanted a trade. Collins gets injured and he's back in and the line is playing better. He's a better pass blocker than Collins.

Got hurt today...bet the line stays on course. The line has been the standard...when the weapons make yards it amplifies that fact.

Thanks for taking over as my doctor now. I won't have to go back there anymore now. I have one right here on VN & his name is Dr. Butchna! :p:p:wink:

I wouldn't discontinue the lithium and shock treatments. At least until those leaches remove the spirits from your noggin. You should cease the delusions of being a recruiting guru in due time. I'd avoid pretending to understand routine football terms...only adds to the voices. I want to be there when they take that bicycle helmet off Pastrami On Rye. :hi:

I wouldn't discontinue the lithium and shock treatments. At least until those leaches remove the spirits from your noggin. You should cease the delusions of being a recruiting guru in due time. I'd avoid pretending to understand routine football terms...only adds to the voices. I want to be there when they take that bicycle helmet off Pastrami On Rye. :hi:

^:eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:hmy: Hilarious buddy!

VN Store

Back