The 2018 FCS Preseason Top 25 Is Out

Pruitt Will Do It

Old Fan Of The Vols
The 2018 FCS Preseason Top 25 is out and North Dakota State is the odds on favorite to be FCS Champions again while Kennesaw State is ranked #5 and Austin Peay is ranked #22.

1)North Dakota State
2)James Madison
3)South Dakota State
4)Sam Houston State
5)Kennesaw State
6)Jacksonville State
7)New Hampshire
8)Weber State
9)Eastern Washington
10)Wofford
11)Samford
12)Elon
13)Northern Iowa
14)North Carolina A&T
15)Delaware
16)Central Arkansas
17)McNeese State
18)Nicholls State
19)Villanova
20)Stony Brook
21)Illinois State
22)Austin Peay
23)Furman
24)Montana
25)Youngstown State

I live near Terre Haute,IN and go to a lot of Indiana State football games. They are in the SEC of the FCS. 5 teams including the Bama of the FCS in North Dakota State.

Reactions: Pruitt Will Do It
Hey, wofford and Furman are ranked. As a resident of the upstate of S.C, pretty cool. I used to go to Furman games a lot as a teenager since my gf at the time lived about a mile from the campus. Beautiful campus. Might drop in on a game or two this year.

Hey, wofford and Furman are ranked. As a resident of the upstate of S.C, pretty cool. I used to go to Furman games a lot as a teenager since my gf at the time lived about a mile from the campus. Beautiful campus. Might drop in on a game or two this year.
I remember the 1982 and 1983 seasons when Furman beat South Carolina and Georgia Tech.

I would love to see a heat map showing the locations of the good FCS schools vs the good P5 schools. Doesn't seem like there is a whole lot of overlap.

I would love to see a heat map showing the locations of the good FCS schools vs the good P5 schools. Doesn't seem like there is a whole lot of overlap.
Georgia State now becoming a team with expectations about going to Bowl Games every season in the Sunbelt Conference and Kennesaw State becoming an FCS Powerhouse show the level of football talent in the Metro-Atlanta area.

Georgia State now becoming a team with expectations about going to Bowl Games every season in the Sunbelt Conference and Kennesaw State becoming an FCS Powerhouse show the level of football talent in the Metro-Atlanta area.
There is definitely some overlap. But the North Dakota, South Dakotas, Delawares, Stoney Brooks and such jump off that list. I know some have a history of being good teams, but just wandering about any links between the two levels.

Forgot to mention....Austin Peay just lost our "John Ward". Greg Walker was a great play-by-play man for the PEAY. He will be missed.

Glad to see Samford ranked...Coach Hatcher was my next-door neighbor back when I was in high school. He's a good dude.

VN Store

Back