The 2017 NBA Finals Thread

It's not even close, IMO.

When Kyrie is on, he's the best player on the floor, but the problem is he's not on a lot. Kyrie was 18 for 45 with 9 assists and 7 turnovers in the first 2 games.

Curry is almost always on.

I've seen Matthew Delavedova practically shut Curry down for 3 games in the Finals. Couldn't imagine him even being able to stay in front of Irving.

Saying it isn't close is a disservice to Irving.

Steph Curry averaged 26.8 points, 9.4 assists, 8 rebounds and 2.2 steals in the finals. He had 20 points in the first half, which was about the time you asked this. A better question is why in the hell are you asking this?

Because there were times when Curry looked like complete crap. Lets be honest, why did GS win? The answer, Kevin Durant. Not Steph Curry. If Durant was not on GS, they might have gotten swept.

So I ask again, watching Curry, how was he ever the first unanimous MVP? The NBA MVP voting is a complete joke.

Because there were times when Curry looked like complete crap. Lets be honest, why did GS win? The answer, Kevin Durant. Not Steph Curry. If Durant was not on GS, they might have gotten swept.

So I ask again, watching Curry, how was he ever the first unanimous MVP? The NBA MVP voting is a complete joke.

Wait. Golden State might have gotten swept without Durant? Chance are they would have still been the favorite.

He was deserving of the MVP, it being unanimous is arbitrary.

I've seen Matthew Delavedova practically shut Curry down for 3 games in the Finals. Couldn't imagine him even being able to stay in front of Irving.

Saying it isn't close is a disservice to Irving.

Curry was playing hurt and in game 2 he scored 18 off 11 shots and won. That's a great game.

It's more about their entire body of work. for his career, Curry averages 26 ppg in the playoffs shooting an average TS% of .609

Irving averages 24 and .573 and all he can do is score. He doesn't do anything else.

The comparison is not even close.

Curry averaged 28 ppg and shot .659 with over over 6 rpg, 6 apg, as well as 2 spg during this playoff run. That's all-time great performance conversation.

Curry was playing hurt and in game 2 he scored 18 off 11 shots and won. That's a great game.

It's more about their entire body of work. for his career, Curry averages 26 ppg in the playoffs shooting an average TS% of .609

Irving averages 24 and .573 and all he can do is score. He doesn't do anything else.

The comparison is not even close.

Not saying he is better. It's closer than you are making it out to be.

Poor Klay. For the playoffs:

Durant - 28 ppg, 8 rpg, 4 apg, 1 bpg, .683
Curry - 28 ppg, 6 rpg, 6 apg, 2 spg, .659 TS%
Green - 13 ppg, 9 rpg, 6 apg, 2 spg, 1 bpg, .583 TS%
Klay - 15 ppg, 4 rpg, 2 apg, .507 TS%

Poor Klay. For the playoffs:

Durant - 28 ppg, 8 rpg, 4 apg, 1 bpg, .683
Curry - 28 ppg, 6 rpg, 6 apg, 2 spg, .659 TS%
Green - 13 ppg, 9 rpg, 6 apg, 2 spg, 1 bpg, .583 TS%
Klay - 15 ppg, 4 rpg, 2 apg, .507 TS%

I could see him being the first to leave. He's not even the Pippen on this team. He's the Kukoc.

The problem for Klay is his skill set is perfect for this team. I am skeptical that he can be a guy to generate consistent, effective offense if he has to be the #1 guy. He's not a great dribble drive guy. He's great at coming off screens and making back cuts but his shot creation typically is a pump fake and a couple dribbles, then a mid-range jumper.

The problem for Klay is his skill set is perfect for this team. I am skeptical that he can be a guy to generate consistent, effective offense if he has to be the #1 guy. He's not a great dribble drive guy. He's great at coming off screens and making back cuts but his shot creation typically is a pump fake and a couple dribbles, then a mid-range jumper.

He'd be a perfect fit for Cleveland.

Will GS be able to keep on affording their all star team? Isn't Curry due a huge payday? He's only making like 12m per year isn't he?

Will GS be able to keep on affording their all star team? Isn't Curry due a huge payday? He's only making like 12m per year isn't he?

They're talking somewhere north of $800M over four years to pay for this team starting next year

In order to maintain their dominance, they need Durant to take slightly below max (which will help them to keep Curry, Livingston, and Iggy), and then they need good vets to keep signing on for league minimum (West, McGee, Zaza, Andy).

It's not just a big 4, this team was 10 deep. If they are just 6 or 7 deep next year, they'll still be the best team but at least it would be more competitive.

Savage AF

19114051_1309188755801735_1622457961718719966_n.jpg

VN Store

Back