That's racist!

Asian woman I work with was brought a Mexican guy to train. She went to the office and told them she didn't like Mexicans, and wasn't working with him. I'd that racist? If that had been a white man say that, he'd been fired, guaranteed.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Asian woman I work with was brought a Mexican guy to train. She went to the office and told them she didn't like Mexicans, and wasn't working with him. I'd that racist? If that had been a white man say that, he'd been fired, guaranteed.
At first i read this like a joke. You know the "there was a mexican, and an Asian that went into a bar....."

She should have been fired.

Reactions: joevol33
You wanna talk racist? I watch a few Blazing Saddles clips today and holy ****!.... I forgot how blatantly over the top it really was. I felt like I needed a shower afterwards.
I remember being in the desert back in 2002 and the black supervisor tossed that VHS tape in the player..I had never seen it..5 minutes in I'm like um...but everyone was laughing so apparently it was ok.

Great movie.

I remember being in the desert back in 2002 and the black supervisor tossed that VHS tape in the player..I had never seen it..5 minutes in I'm like um...but everyone was laughing so apparently it was ok.

Great movie.
It's incredibly funny, but there's no way in hell that movie would ever be made today. I recall thinking if you really paid attention that it was just as much of a play on stupid white people as it was racist.

Guy in the office probably told her he didn't have time for her yellow fever

It's incredibly funny, but there's no way in hell that movie would ever be made today. I recall thinking if you really paid attention that it was just as much of a play on stupid white people as it was racist.
I was watching some show about the making of National Lampoons Family Vacation. They kind of go through the film process with little interviews along the way. Jane Krakowski talked about how stupid and inbred they needed to make cousin Eddie’s family look, like her stirring the koolaid with her arm and Eddie saying she’s a good kisser. Everyone has a good laugh.

Then they talk about the St. Louis scene where they get lost. There’s a pimp that cusses at them, their rims get stolen, Clark calls a guy homey or something. One of the writers says looking back he’s really embarrassed by that scene and it’s so inappropriate.

What’s the difference?

I was watching some show about the making of National Lampoons Family Vacation. They kind of go through the film process with little interviews along the way. Jane Krakowski talked about how stupid and inbred they needed to make cousin Eddie’s family look, like her stirring the koolaid with her arm and Eddie saying she’s a good kisser. Everyone has a good laugh.

Then they talk about the St. Louis scene where they get lost. There’s a pimp that cusses at them, their rims get stolen, Clark calls a guy homey or something. One of the writers says looking back he’s really embarrassed by that scene and it’s so inappropriate.

What’s the difference?
White guilt.

I'd love to hear the comments from Blazing Saddles writers.
Mel Brooks when interviewed for "The Producers" said in his opinion, the best way to combat [evil] is with mockery and laughter. Thereby taking power away from it. Hitler was the target of mocking for that movie.
I suspect he was doing the same with racism in "Blazing Saddles". CP was correct, the white characters are the stupidest of the whole movie.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Mel Brooks when interviewed for "The Producers" said in his opinion, the best way to combat [evil] is with mockery and laughter. Thereby taking power away from it. Hitler was the target of mocking for that movie.
I suspect he was doing the same with racism in "Blazing Saddles". CP was correct, the white characters are the stupidest of the whole movie.
Do you remember Taggart from that movie? At least I think that was the character's name. He was Slim Pickens' side kick, and he had a real big, toothy grin. He was also one of the Flying Elvises in some movie. He does ads for a big Dodge dealer in Bonham, Texas in their ebay ads.

Do you remember Taggart from that movie? At least I think that was the character's name. He was Slim Pickens' side kick, and he had a real big, toothy grin. He was also one of the Flying Elvises in some movie. He does ads for a big Dodge dealer in Bonham, Texas in their ebay ads.
I remember Taggart. He was Headley Lamar's lackey. Im surprised he's still alive, tbh.

It's blatant. It's the opposite of a racist movie.

VN Store

Back