"Thats my fault", said Coach Pruitt.

dono

Obsessive Woo Hater
I had noticed him say such on previous coach shows, but this morning it seemed to stick in my head and I was wondering what folks think. I can't recall that type of comment being made much at all by head coaches...(Shoutout to Urban.)
I hope it is a positive to both the team and to recruits. It shows a man who is secure with himself and actually is in the process of getting better that he is demanding of his players. After all, you can't get better if you fail to realize what needs fixing.
Anyhow, I thought we got a good one from the time he was named. Nothing changing that.

I had noticed him say such on previous coach shows, but this morning it seemed to stick in my head and I was wondering what folks think. I can't recall that type of comment being made much at all by head coaches...(Shoutout to Urban.)
I hope it is a positive to both the team and to recruits. It shows a man who is secure with himself and actually is in the process of getting better that he is demanding of his players. After all, you can't get better if you fail to realize what needs fixing.
Anyhow, I thought we got a good one from the time he was named. Nothing changing that.
It would be nice to have some context for those of us who didn’t see the show.

I remember several comments he made to the effect that he didn't have defenders in the right place or he needs to coach them better. He coaches them hard but I haven't heard him throw players under the bus which I'm sure the players respect him for. Refreshingly honest. Like his wife said, what you see is what or get" or something like that. I could see Pruitt making a speech like that famous Mike Gundy "I'm a man" speech. Very real. Go CJP

"I've got to do a better job (with the defensive play calls) getting the kids into position".

Reactions: LittleVol
Most coaches say this from time to time. I think Pruitt has almost gone out of his way to take responsibility as the head coach. I think it's a good thing. Of course, saying this after a win is pretty easy.
I heard somewhere once that really good leaders are the ones who share all the praise but accept all the blame.

It would be nice to have some context for those of us who didn’t see the show.
He isn't afraid to say I made a mistake, whether it's a play call or anything else for that matter. He is down to earth real but he don't mind telling anyone they are wrong either. I love it. GBO!!!!!!

Reactions: OneVolNation
It's so refreshing having a coach that talks from his heart instead of someone who spouts catch phrases and empty platitudes.

I heard somewhere once that really good leaders are the ones who share all the praise but accept all the blame.

You definitely have to take ownership of your own mistakes. But Pruitt spreads the blame around pretty liberally. He has criticized several players individually for poor technique or effort. And he has said after several games that the coaches made good calls, but the players just failed to execute. I'm okay with it.

#TrumpLife
Think I heard him say he wished he had gone for it on one of the 4th down plays. I think he is a coach who see's the glass as HALF FULL. If he thinks it gives his team a chance then he is going for it and not going to leave the play on the field...

He is kind of the guy who would rather try and fail than not to try at all.....if he fails he, as the coach will take the blame. Thats pretty good in my book

Tbh, unless they're quoting facts I've pretty much turned a deaf ear to coach speak, from any coach. Show me results without embarrassing UT and I'm happier than a pig in good stuff.

He said on the drive where we kicked the FG after rolling out and throwing it away in 3rd down, that he should’ve told them to run a 3rd down play like we were going for it on 4th. Loved hearing him admit that he had the wrong mindset. Haven’t had a coach like that in a long time.

VN Store

Back