*****Tennessee vs Auburn: Full Game HD 60fps

Watched it. We actually played defense most of the game. Tried to pay attention to Richmond. I don't like badmouthing our players but seems he blocks well at times while it seems he doesn't even try other times. Or maybe play schemes are away from his area so he has no one to block? I really don't know what to think. I do believe if that defense plays this well against Bama, we probably still won't win but those boys will make Saban exude a drop or two of nervous sweat.

Finally got a chance to watch the game - here's my summary of each TD drive:

Auburn 7-0: Tennessee fell for the reverse (the play that got the ball to the 2 yard line) hook, line, and sinker. However, the bigger problem was how many defenders that gave up on the play once they realized it was a reverse (particularly Phillips and Warrior). Championship teams don't give up when they realize they've been tricked. They hustle more and swarm to the football. Lots of lazy effort overall on this drive, defensively. Also, on the TD play, there was a false start and holding on Auburn, both not called. If one of those penalties is called, Auburn might have to settle for a FG.

Tennessee ties it 10-10: Drive was set up because of Bryce Thompson's interception. And we got that INT because of pressure on the QB, forcing a poor decision - something that has been extremely rare the last 2 years. 3rd and 13 conversion, Guarantano to Jennings was the play of the drive. What a throw and catch. Great job by Jennings to hold onto the ball in anticipation of the big hit that came just afterwards. Dude's tough as nails. Ty Chandler showed some impressive balance and speed on the TD catch. I like the way the catch didn't slow his momentum down at all, even though he had to twist his body. Great acceleration, and great play call. Reminded me of the 1st TD against South Carolina in 2009 - pass to wide open back (Austin Johnson) in the middle of the field. It's extremely satisfying to capitalize off turnovers.

Auburn takes the lead 17-10: Ugh...just a terrible angle and terrible effort by Jackson there, allowing the Auburn WR just to blow right by him. Jackson actually stops and just looks slow as molasses in January...something that's been very common for too long. I guess I also need to mention it started because of Bryce Thompson's poor tackling.

Tennessee takes the lead 20-17: Jennings of course had the superstar TD catch, but just as important, was another 3rd and long conversion that he got early in the drive, on a screen pass. Great awareness to get past the first down marker. Running game was not good on this drive, but there was a nice 3rd and 2 run conversion. Josh Palmer made the play of the drive on another great throw from JG. Once again, a 3rd and long conversion. Who does this team think they are?!? The '97 Vols? Like I said, Jennings made a great TD catch, but how about JG standing in the pocket and taking the targeting hit? Looked like Martin to Price against UF 20 years ago.

Tennessee expands to 27-17: The drive was just a cluster from start to very short finish for Auburn. Did the onside kick throw them off or something? (Gutsy call by Pruitt, btw, and almost paid off, and really, no harm done). Or were they just rattled that UT took the lead? I don't know. They called a timeout before first down, and looked confused on both plays. I'll take it. Also, as a side note - the Tennessee fans in the crowd didn't even look that excited after going up 10. Almost like, "Yeah, big whoop...we've seen this before." Sigh...it's been a long decade...

Auburn cuts the lead to 30-24: The clock stopping at 1:48 was BS. Clock stopping at :51 was BS. The TD catch? I dunno, it looked like he caught it to me, but it never would've even come to that, if not for terrible time management by the officials.

Overall, great win by UT. You could see the team's confidence growing throughout the game. The defense got better as the game progressed, which is a great sign. I really liked Pruitt's energy, and you could actually see him coaching the players out there, unlike Butch who was in the refs' ears half the time. And we've got some playmakers on offense. Just hope the o-line continues to give JG time on those 3rd down plays.

However, there did seem to be lots of confusion on defense at times. Pruitt was often dancing around, trying to get players' attention, telling them where to line up. Definitely need to correct that. I'm excited to see how this team progresses the rest of the season, but I'm dreading next week at the same time. Thanks, Freak, as always, for posting the video.

I'll echo that. 1st game I've missed viewing in quite some time.

I had the radio broadcast streaming through the bluetooth in our food truck at a huge festival this weekend...need to watch it today. I was about to puke which would've been detrimental to sales.

I'm on an iPhone. I am getting a "video not available” message. Same when I click on the second post. I can find it on youtube and see it fine. Just letting you know.

I'm on an iPhone. I am getting a "video not available” message. Same when I click on the second post. I can find it on youtube and see it fine. Just letting you know.
Thanks. I have a fix, I hope, just haven't had a chance to implement it yet. Oddly, it worked for my on iphone today. Seems so random.

Thanks for posting this I will watch as soon as we have power and wifi is working. We were hit by Hurricane Michael and we still don't have power. I have been out of touch with the world for over a week now with cell service but no data so I haven't been able to get on the internet until now. Believe me after taking a direct hit from a hurricane this win gave me something to be happy about while living in an area with catastrophic devastation.

We still may be over a week away from power but when it comes back I'm gonna pull up YouTube on the TV and watch this game! Unfortunately will miss the next game as well due to no power and even if we did have power our cable is wiped out. All I can say is GO BIG ORANGE!

Mike in Panama City

VN Store

Back