Tennessee schedule for SEC Takeover on SECN

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
A complete list of Tennessee’s July 26 programming follows (all times Eastern):

Midnight – ESPN: Book of Manning

1:30 a.m. – VFL Films: Best of Tennessee

2 a.m. – Soccer: Tennessee vs. Virginia Tech (Sept. 10, 2017)

4 a.m. – Baseball: Tennessee vs. Florida (April 8, 2018; second game of doubleheader)

6 a.m. – Football: Tennessee vs. Arkansas (Nov. 14, 1998)

9 a.m. – Women’s Basketball: 1998 National Championship Game – Tennessee vs. Louisiana Tech (March 29, 1998)

11 a.m. – Men’s Basketball: Tennessee vs. Georgia (March 3, 2018)

1 p.m. – The Color Orange: The Condredge Holloway Story

2 p.m. – Softball: Tennessee at Alabama (April 21, 2018)

4:30 p.m. – Women’s Basketball: Tennessee vs. Texas (Dec. 10, 2017)

6:30 p.m. – Men’s Basketball: Tennessee at Kentucky (Feb. 6, 2018)

8:30 p.m. – Football: Tennessee vs. Florida (Sept. 19,1998)

11:30 p.m. – Head Football Coach Jeremy Pruitt Introductory Press Conference (Dec. 7, 2017)

Tennessee Takes Center State for SEC Network Takeover July 26 - FreakNotes

Reactions: 4 people
I would love to see like the top ten UT sporting events of all time in order. I know the beat down of Miami in the Sugar Bowl and the 1998 National Championship has to be in there. Anybody want to put up a list of the top ten UT memorable sporting events (all sports)?

Reactions: 2 people
Id like to see some new material. I have watched all of this already. I love the idea of tennessee takeover but....

The challenge there is finding something a little more current as far as 'new material'.

The last ten years of misery hasn't quite dissipated.

Since we're at the cusp of football season, I'd like it to be all classic football games:

'82-'85 Bama
Sugar Bowl vs. Miami
'79 & '91 ND
'90, '92, '98, '01 UF
'99 FSU
'97 Auburn

I know there are others. But it's football season. Show the other sports when it's their time.

Since we're at the cusp of football season, I'd like it to be all classic football games:

'82-'85 Bama
Sugar Bowl vs. Miami
'79 & '91 ND
'90, '92, '98, '01 UF
'99 FSU
'97 Auburn

I know there are others. But it's football season. Show the other sports when it's their time.

Soooo long ago. My kids were but a glint in their daddy's eye.

Better days ahead (fingers crossed)

2001 Florida. One of Spurriers best teams he had while at Florida. Their Average margin of victory over other SEC opponents was like 37 points or something crazy. Sent Spurrier out on a loss to their main rival. Both teams were 9-1 coming into the game. Most people figured Florida was about to go to face Miami to play for a natty if I remember right. Gotta love ruining all that for them. Couldn’t happen to a better buncha people haha.

Reactions: 1 person
I would love to see like the top ten UT sporting events of all time in order. I know the beat down of Miami in the Sugar Bowl and the 1998 National Championship has to be in there. Anybody want to put up a list of the top ten UT memorable sporting events (all sports)?

I would include 85 Auburn, 82 Alabama, 85 Miami, 91 Notre Dame, and 92 Florida just to name a few that they don't play over and over.

You want football highlights that aren’t 20 years old? Me too. Tired of living in the past. It’s depressing.

As much as I loathe Butch, I think the 2016 wins over Florida and Georgia will be considered classics one day.

Edit: The season was a disappointment, given blowing the SEC East. But I think breaking the streak against Florida at Neyland and the DobbNail Boot in Athens will be up there in great Vols comebacks.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
You want football highlights that aren’t 20 years old? Me too. Tired of living in the past. It’s depressing.

It is depressing. Unfortunately there's not much to choose from over the last decade or so. Florida and Georgia two years ago, and maybe Georgia and South Carolina from 09. The Carolina win the year they finished in the top 5. That's pretty much it.

As much as I loathe Butch, I think the 2016 wins over Florida and Georgia will be considered classics one day.

Edit: The season was a disappointment, given blowing the SEC East. But I think breaking the streak against Florida at Neyland and the DobbNail Boot in Athens will be up there in great Vols comebacks.

Since each school gets to pick their schedule It seems like a bad idea to put a game with a recently fired coach. Texas A&M is not going to have anything with Sumlin and the same could be said for both McElwain and Bielema when we get to Florida and Arkansas. I don't think fans want to be reminded of a coach who was a recent failure and instead want to look toward the future.

For those who want to see a Butch Jones era game, one of the games Kentucky has picked out is last year's Tennessee game.

It is depressing. Unfortunately there's not much to choose from over the last decade or so. Florida and Georgia two years ago, and maybe Georgia and South Carolina from 09. The Carolina win the year they finished in the top 5. That's pretty much it.

I would take the Katrina Comeback at LSU 2005. Not super recent but in the new millennium. There’s not much though.

Soooo long ago. My kids were but a glint in their daddy's eye.

Better days ahead (fingers crossed)

I'd rather watch a replay of 1985 win over Auburn than a 2016 win over UF any day.

Who cares about watching something from a few yrs ago that is fresh in the mind.

VN Store

Back