Tennessee at Georgia Sunday Edition

There it is...it's way worse on video than on the radio...that was HS crap. 1 strike away...unbelievable.

We are so lucky to have won that game, the Baseball gods were kind to us today.

lol, wow!

accordion to CTV post game video and previously mentioned by Yankee Vol, the staff liked GC’s chances against a lefty and wanted the defense back deep in position and decided to let the runner go if he wanted to steal, that’s why no one was covering and Bennie had a brain freeze....

Reactions: 1 person
Gotcha, I missed the midweek game...that explains that...don't know why he's pitching midweek though. Thx!

Because the last 3 SEC outings with games on the line he's walked a lot and then grooves them, which the opponents tattoo. Specifically LSU.

Wait guys I didn't follow closely yesterday

We let the tying run steal second without covering or holding the runner on?

Wait guys I didn't follow closely yesterday

We let the tying run steal second without covering or holding the runner on?

yep, then Bennie sailed the ball into the outfield, Brodie fielded the ball, forgot there was a ballgame, while the runner loped around to home plate...sounds crazy...it was...:)

GBO!

yep, then Bennie sailed the ball into the outfield, Brodie fielded the ball, forgot there was a ballgame, while the runner loped around to home plate...sounds crazy...it was...:)

GBO!

Thanks. That is 100% the dumbest coaching decision I have ever heard of at this level.

CTV is a fool

Reactions: 2 people
Thanks. That is 100% the dumbest coaching decision I have ever heard of at this level.

CTV is a fool

The pinch runner could absolutely fly. Have you seen Benito’s percentage throwing out runners? There was two strikes on the hitter so it was a swinging count. Middle infielder would be out of position on the play. Lots of factors I’m sure led into that decision. A better defensive catcher that can throw out runners I’m sure it would have been played differently.

The pinch runner could absolutely fly. Have you seen Benito’s percentage throwing out runners? There was two strikes on the hitter so it was a swinging count. Middle infielder would be out of position on the play. Lots of factors I’m sure led into that decision. A better defensive catcher that can throw out runners I’m sure it would have been played differently.

You never ever ever and I mean ever ever ever show defensive indifference to allow the tying run to advance into scoring position unchallenged.

You never ever ever and I mean ever ever ever show defensive indifference to allow the tying run to advance into scoring position unchallenged.

What if the analytics show with Benito’s pop time and the runners time to 2nd the chances of throwing him out anyway are minimal and the scout on the hitter shows a lot of infield ground balls. Had Benny put the ball in his pocket like he was supposed to it worked. He ended up hitting a dribbler to 3rd. Had the hitter hit one of those to short it’s 1st and 3rd because the SS was covering for the steal. I can see both sides.

What if the analytics show with Benito’s pop time and the runners time to 2nd the chances of throwing him out anyway are minimal and the scout on the hitter shows a lot of infield ground balls. Had Benny put the ball in his pocket like he was supposed to it worked. He ended up hitting a dribbler to 3rd. Had the hitter hit one of those to short it’s 1st and 3rd because the SS was covering for the steal. I can see both sides.

You also have to take in account your other players, ie your bullpen. This team has pissed away many games because of horrible relief pitching. You take every out every chance, especially with these players.

You still hold the runner on and hope the other team doesn't run. Obviously Giving them a runner in scoring position is beyond ignorant

If you are up 2, you absolutely concede the runner, but you do not just let the tying run get into scoring position without working for it.

You still hold the runner on and hope the other team doesn't run. Obviously Giving them a runner in scoring position is beyond ignorant

He did hold the runner on. Everything was normal but Benito was supposed to eat it and not throw because the middle infielders were staying in there position. They didn’t want the middle infielders out of position. Remember the 3rd baseman is already guarding the line to take away the double. The play was put on when two strikes were on the hitter because it was a swinging situation and prob even had something to do with the pitch that was called as well.

He did hold the runner on. Everything was normal but Benito was supposed to eat it and not throw because the middle infielders were staying in there position. They didn’t want the middle infielders out of position. Remember the 3rd baseman is already guarding the line to take away the double. The play was put on when two strikes were on the hitter because it was a swinging situation and prob even had something to do with the pitch that was called as well.

It was said here the runner wasn't held on.

My entire criticism is based off of that being the case

VN Store

Back