Tennessee adds Bama grad transfer Brandon Kennedy

Well, it's just a poke in the eye for Saban. Fun for a moment, but the loss of one 2nd string (in his roster) player is not going to break his bank or fill the talent gap between us and Bama.

Where this REALLY helps is in solidifying our OLine enough to leapfrog us (hopefully) beyond the "rest of the East": Vandy, Kentucky, Mizzou.

Why? Because it is an addition of great leverage. Here's how:

(a) Just a little more depth is what the OL needs to step from marginal to good. Not great, but good. And good is good enough in this case, because...
(b) With good OL blocking and protection, our running and passing games both notch up significantly. Whether JG or Chryst, we have a gunslinger who just needs a solid pocket to show his potential. (a) should give him that. Meanwhile, our running game should take off with actual running lanes opening up.
(c) Ignite the offense, and our defense gets tons better--because they won't be worn out by mid-3rd quarter.
(d) Better offense adds a TD or two...better defense takes away a TD or two. So a swing of 14-28 points per game.
(e) We lost five games last year by less than 28 points. Most of them less than 21 points. So a 3-4 TD swing per game would've been the difference between 4-8 and 9-3.

Not saying the addition of Kennedy assures us a 9-3 season. That's over-stating the case. But it helps. A lot.

Significantly more than it would seem, just adding a single player to the roster. Thanks to leverage.

Welcome aboard, Brandon! Go Vols!

Some good work here.

Reactions: 1 person
Well, it's just a poke in the eye for Saban. Fun for a moment, but the loss of one 2nd string (in his roster) player is not going to break his bank or fill the talent gap between us and Bama.

Where this REALLY helps is in solidifying our OLine enough to leapfrog us (hopefully) beyond the "rest of the East": Vandy, Kentucky, Mizzou.

Why? Because it is an addition of great leverage. Here's how:

(a) Just a little more depth is what the OL needs to step from marginal to good. Not great, but good. And good is good enough in this case, because...
(b) With good OL blocking and protection, our running and passing games both notch up significantly. Whether JG or Chryst, we have a gunslinger who just needs a solid pocket to show his potential. (a) should give him that. Meanwhile, our running game should take off with actual running lanes opening up.
(c) Ignite the offense, and our defense gets tons better--because they won't be worn out by mid-3rd quarter.
(d) Better offense adds a TD or two...better defense takes away a TD or two. So a swing of 14-28 points per game.
(e) We lost five games last year by less than 28 points. Most of them less than 21 points. So a 3-4 TD swing per game would've been the difference between 4-8 and 9-3.

Not saying the addition of Kennedy assures us a 9-3 season. That's over-stating the case. But it helps. A lot.

Significantly more than it would seem, just adding a single player to the roster. Thanks to leverage.

Welcome aboard, Brandon! Go Vols!

We lost eight games last year by less than 100 points......just sayin.

Reactions: 2 people
Pruitt to Butch's wall

BOOM!

tenor.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
We lost eight games last year by less than 100 points......just sayin.

I know you are referring to each game, but I listed total.

We lost 8 games by a total of 165 points. We lost 3 by a combined 112 (GA, AL, and MO) and 5 games by a combined 53 (FL, SC, KY, LSU, and Vandy).

Last edited:
Surely his first quote as a UT signee will be,
"Ask not what the Vols can do for you. Ask what you can do for the Vols."

Ba-Da-Boooooooom!!! We need big, tough, O lineman so bad. I am assuming he will start on the opposite side of Trey Smith. Add in the JUCO TE and with a little luck, we may actually be able to count to three before our QB is a pancake. Or we can count to three and the WR can actually complete his route or the RB can get through the hole. Happy Father's Day to me. Thank you Mr Kennedy! Wishing you the best while at my alma mater. Go Vols!

Just watched his signing video when he said he picked Alabama over Auburn just the night before. Later he said his mom was an Auburn fan. She confirmed with a "Go War Eagle."

So more kudos to Pruitt for prying him away from Auburn.

Where's DD and my beloved parakeet boomage at???? Hit us man we need our fix here!!!

We traded butch for Pruitt, and a player to be Named later (Brandon Kennedy). I like our trade. We shafted the bammers!

Yesterday, it was reported Brandon Kennedy was seen in a local trailer park asking a tenet to check out some books. Can't blame him for wanting to get a head start on summer classes. I just hope the staff is getting him up to speed on where he's going to school now.

?

VN Store

Back