Supreme Court rules for Trump on travel ban

Yep

Need a list? Google it and you'll have it

That one flew right over your head.......slow down with the hate and follow the flow of the thread.....most on here do not take it as serious as you and some of your buddies do.....he was making a joke about calling ANY politician honorable or reputable......chill out and people might like you.....

Reactions: 2 people
That one flew right over your head.......slow down with the hate and follow the flow of the thread.....most on here do not take it as serious as you and some of your buddies do.....he was making a joke about calling ANY politician honorable or reputable......chill out and people might like you.....

:birgits_giggle:

That hall monitor thing again, right? And even then you're pathetically selective

Stop telling me what to do. I already have plenty of friends. As far as hate goes, you're knee deep in it with the ideology you espouse.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
"Google it" has just become a shorter way of saying "don't have anything to back up what I said, so I'll try to get you to look for it instead."

Nope

It's the most direct way of telling someone they might want to read more and there's plenty of sources where facts are clearly documented and easily accessible.

the fact that this concern over who gets nominated next proves that the courts aren't what they should be. both sides.

This.
I want the courts to interpret the constitution narrowly as it is written. If it’s not covered kick it back to the states.
I actually believe that would settle a lot of the unrest in our country. If you’re not a fan of the rules in your state then vote with your feet (move)

Reactions: 4 people
This.
I want the courts to interpret the constitution narrowly as it is written. If it’s not covered kick it back to the states.
I actually believe that would settle a lot of the unrest in our country. If you’re not a fan of the rules in your state then vote with your feet (move)

Yes, and if you're poor, you don't have the same rights as your neighbors in other states.

My opinion is that one of the things that makes the constitution great is the fact that it can be interpreted in a broad manner that allows it to be applicable to a variety of situations.

Yes, and if you're poor, you don't have the same rights as your neighbors in other states.

My opinion is that one of the things that makes the constitution great is the fact that it can be interpreted in a broad manner that allows it to be applicable to a variety of situations.

That’s absolute BS. I’m sick to death of “its for the poor...” or “it’s for the children “. The poor and the children have the same rights as everyone else as narrowly defined by the constitution. If it’s not covered by the constitution then they don’t have any less “rights” than anyone else.

Reactions: 4 people
This.

That line of thinking is way too simple - especially for the left; and extremely antagonistic to their desire for more enforced federalism and to interpret the Constitution more flexibly to reach that end. Apparently libs and many others completely misread the title "United States of America" as the "The Republic of America".

The amazing part is that the left believe states (like CA) have the right to ignore federal law on issues like illegal immigration, but every state in the union must bow down to federal rules for education/indoctrination.

Simple. If someone doesn't like Tennessee's welfare policy, then work or move to a place with better benefits ... and higher taxes.

Nope

It's the most direct way of telling someone they might want to read more and there's plenty of sources where facts are clearly documented and easily accessible.

not really. providing a link would be the most direct way. probably include some actual quotes too.

This.

Exactly. The Constitution is not some archaic document that's been translated dozens of times requiring careful interpretation.

Remember how strong that vetting process was?

ISIS terrorist, posing as 'refugee,' captured in California

An ISIS terrorist, wanted for murdering a police officer in Iraq, has been captured by the FBI Joint Terrorism Task Force in Sacramento.

Omar Abdulsattar Ameen entered the U.S. posing as a refugee. In fact, he quickly returned to Iraq, and he and several other ISIS terrorists entered the town of Rawah in 2014 and murdered a local police officer. Ameen is also charged with planting IEDs and helping establish ISIS in Rawah.

Ameen could face execution for the "organized killing by an armed group" according to Iraqi documents filed in U.S. federal court.

Prosecutors say Ameen entered the U.S. under a refugee program, eventually settling in Sacramento, and attempted to gain legal status in the United States.

He arrived in Turkey in 2012 and began applying to the U.S. for refugee status by claiming to be a victim of terrorism, according to a court document. He was granted refugee status in June 2014, but returned to Iraq to commit the slaying before traveling to the United States in November 2014, the document says.

What does "extreme vetting" even mean? Do folks honestly believe that any vetting process is going to absolutely prevent a sufficiently motivated individual from entering the US?

Reactions: TennTom
What does "extreme vetting" even mean? Do folks honestly believe that any vetting process is going to absolutely prevent a sufficiently motivated individual from entering the US?

We sure as hell didn't need to make it easier. Remember the promise to take in 100K "refugees"? Even if only a half a percent were dangerous, that's still 500 potential terrorists running around the country.

VN Store

Back