Stay off the freshman-says Pearl

Thank God! I'm so tired of everyone giving up already. We can win the conference and make the tournament very easily. And with a little luck and leadership have a little tourny run. Why give up on this team January 5th?

"If you ask our team, it's about our returning guys. It's about their coach who has to step up."

In a way, Pearl may have created his own monster with high expectations, highly regarded recruiting classes and a Tennessee fan base hungry for more after back-to-back Sweet 16 berths.

"If you want to point fingers - and I'm willing to take the hit - point at me."

I like it. We'll see against the Zags.

Look at the bright side: At least we know we're not going to peak too soon this year.

Im not giving up on these guys! Yes im critical about them & i have problems with them, but that comes along with being a fan. Our guys just need to show some intensity on the defensive side of the ball. Playing defense is about wanting to!! Our guys dont play good help defense. We also need to get some better offensive sets. We just stand at the perimeter & pass the ball around waiting for someone to get open, or we jack up a three. The SEC is down this year even with our problems i can still see us winning the SEC East & SEC regular season outright. Now the NCAA tourney is different if we dont improve we could be one or two & done!

Look at the bright side: At least we know we're not going to peak too soon this year.

Haha, that's what I was telling my friend the other day when she asked how the Vols were doing this year.

Let's hope that they peak during tourney time and get hot later in the year. I think we can all agree that last year's peak was the win at Memphis which was way too early.

As Dorthy stated "ToTo, We are not in Kansas anymore". Most of the team looked like they were glad to be out of there. I was very disappointed in the interior play of some experienced members of this team. Especially, Wayne Chism. I was in hopes that Wayne would grow up this year. However, he seems to still look for help (not being very responsible), all the time.

We would stay off the freshman if they played like they gave a crap about winning.. effort is all we want to see and knowing that they could possibly be a top 10 team with consistent effort and their skill levels keeps us wanting more

Hey, I will keep a sock in it as long as I see 100% effort win or lose.It's that simple.It's about 85% hustle compared to last years team.When numerous shooting guards are racking up 30 points somebody is not getting in their face.

Thank God! I'm so tired of everyone giving up already. We can win the conference and make the tournament very easily. And with a little luck and leadership have a little tourny run. Why give up on this team January 5th?

I don't know who's giving up on them - we're just setting realistic expectations for this team.

it's all about expectations.

We would stay off the freshman if they played like they gave a crap about winning.. effort is all we want to see and knowing that they could possibly be a top 10 team with consistent effort and their skill levels keeps us wanting more

How can you say they have no desire to win,
I think Hopson is trying to hard and pressing thus the bonehead mistakes.

VN Store

Back