Stanford vs. Oregon

GoDucks349

I think Oregon is a 2 point dog in this one. It's the first real test Oregon has faced this year. The war in the trenches should be brutal and probably decide the game. Both defenses are a little young. So that might be a factor. Love of course is the real deal and the Ducks will have to contain him. Looking at the USC game the Trojans had chances to score they just didn't do anything once they got into Stanford territory. I'd like to think the Ducks are a better offensive team than USC....

I don't think Stanfords defense will get to the QB they way they did against USC's freshman QB.

I'm liking our chances to cover in this one. It will be very tough going. Stanford always brings the A game against the Ducks.

I think Oregon is a 2 point dog in this one. It's the first real test Oregon has faced this year. The war in the trenches should be brutal and probably decide the game. Both defenses are a little young. So that might be a factor. Love of course is the real deal and the Ducks will have to contain him. Looking at the USC game the Trojans had chances to score they just didn't do anything once they got into Stanford territory. I'd like to think the Ducks are a better offensive team than USC....

I don't think Stanfords defense will get to the QB they way they did against USC's freshman QB.

I'm liking our chances to cover in this one. It will be very tough going. Stanford always brings the A game against the Ducks.
always liked these games. Immovable object vs unstoppable force. at least in the past. sounds like it wont be to that extreme.

I'm not sure it's the immovable object vs the unstoppable force in this game. Unless you're referring to Stanford as the unstoppable force (Love and company) and Oregon as the immovable object. Team personalities have changed out here. With Leavitt coaching the defense at Oregon, things have changed big time at Oregon. There is a legit reason Oregon is paying Leavitt $1.15 million a year as defensive coordinator. Then toss in Cristobal as head coach (former o-line coach at bama) and the trench wars have gotten a lot tougher at Oregon. Granted Saturday will be the first real test of Cristobal as HC. However, the entire coaching staff is quite good, with Salavie'a as d-line coach, Arroyo as offensive coordinator and Aaron Feld as strength and conditioning coach. This is "potentially" the best coaching staff in Oregon history.

I'm not sure it's the immovable object vs the unstoppable force in this game. Unless you're referring to Stanford as the unstoppable force (Love and company) and Oregon as the immovable object. Team personalities have changed out here. With Leavitt coaching the defense at Oregon, things have changed big time at Oregon. There is a legit reason Oregon is paying Leavitt $1.15 million a year as defensive coordinator. Then toss in Cristobal as head coach (former o-line coach at bama) and the trench wars have gotten a lot tougher at Oregon. Granted Saturday will be the first real test of Cristobal as HC. However, the entire coaching staff is quite good, with Salavie'a as d-line coach, Arroyo as offensive coordinator and Aaron Feld as strength and conditioning coach. This is "potentially" the best coaching staff in Oregon history.

Just don't have a repeat of last season's game.

IMO, the big reason why Harbaugh was so successful at Stanford (and why Shaw has continued the success) is because he basically brought Big 10 football to the Pac 12. Big, tough, physical running team (even when Andrew Luck was there) with bigger guys at the line of scrimmage. The Pac 12 didn't operate that way and Stanford pushed a lot of teams around. If other schools are starting to adjust to that and recruiting accordingly, it'll be interesting.

The Ducks are definitely bigger and stronger than during the Kelly years. The small guy on the O-line is 307#. Herbert, QB, is up to 240 and spent most of his weight training time working out with DE Jelks.

I do agree that Stanford has had a very physical team for quite a few years now. It's definitely the direction Oregon is headed under Cristobal. Plenty of big guys in the 2018 recruiting class. I think the recruiting class was ranked #16 nationally. That's pretty good given the coaching turnover. And it's the second top 20 class in a row. So the future is bright.

How was that not a TD? Did I miss something? And as I type, wow. 14 point swing

Edit: Oh, pylon is OOB? That's news to me.

The fumble return completely turned this game around from 24 (going on 31) to 7 to 24 -14. Impressive comeback by Stanford.

Couple turnovers.... Damn!! Oregon played well with those two exceptions. I liked what I saw in Oregon's first test of the season. Future looks bright...…….

David Shaw is the most overachieving coach in CFB. He's a hell of a coach. Everything this guy has done at Stanford has been with an arm tied behind his back. There are all sorts of guys I'm sure he'd like to recruit but can't because of the high academic standards. He's 51-14 (.785) in Pac 12 play with 3 conference titles in his career there.

David Shaw is the most overachieving coach in CFB. He's a hell of a coach. Everything this guy has done at Stanford has been with an arm tied behind his back. There are all sorts of guys I'm sure he'd like to recruit but can't because of the high academic standards. He's 51-14 (.785) in Pac 12 play with 3 conference titles in his career there.
That's what an elite coach looks like

VN Store

Back