Spread for SC/TN, waiting on Tn

secking

Anyone have the update on JG? Betting services are waiting on the news. Is TN playing coy with SC to not release the extent of the injury until the game? I don’t blame him but I know there is enough insiders on here to know the extent of the injury. I’ve heard from bruised ribs to the injury being a collarbone. I still contend Chryst looked very good Saturday. Oddsshark has it at 30-18 SC.

Pruitt said he’s fine. Whether or not that means anything, we’ll see. Austin Price reported bruised ribs. I’m sure Pruitt will be asked about it during his noon press conference today.

I think that SC will exploit TN in this game, may be close for a half, but SC will wear Vols down at home in 2nd half and win probably 28-17. Hate to say that, but that Alabama loss took a lot out of the team and going to play Muschamp's defense will be more than they can handle at this point IMHO

I remember seeing some stats in recent years about how poorly teams play the week after playing Alabama. Whether that’s because they’re banged up, less confident, simply have a letdown after a big game, or other factors, who knows.

Anyone else remember seeing that? It would be interesting to look at this week.

I have wondered though, from an oddsmaker’s perspective, what the difference in the line would be between JG starting and KC staring.
I think that depends on if oddsmakers talk to David Shaw, who, on one hand benched him, but then comes out and says he's a future starter in the NFL...which seemed like an odd stance. His replacement has decent stat line, but taking alot of sacks.

It sounded like, from Pruitt's interview, that JG could've played the rest of the game, but they thought since the game was over and Keller was playing well, it was better to not risk JG's health. Although it's possible he took a concussion and that's why Pruitt said he'd be fine.

Reactions: TGFHeupel16
I have wondered though, from an oddsmaker’s perspective, what the difference in the line would be between JG starting and KC staring.
I think if we ever saw KC get extended snaps without a running game and constantly forced into 2nd and 3rd and long, we'd understand the difference more clearly.

I think if we ever saw KC get extended snaps without a running game and constantly forced into 2nd and 3rd and long, we'd understand the difference more clearly.
I wasn't suggesting there shouldn't be one. I was just curious how many points difference the odds makers see between the two.

But you're right. It's hard to judge Chryst when he's only thrown 28 passes and they've come under varying circumstances.

I have a hard time believing we don't put up three TDs on SC. This may not be best thread to make this comment, but I think it's obvious a lot of folks on here are let down after the Bama loss. I don't understand why though - we were clearly outmatched. We win one game against Auburn and a lot of VolNation thought we were going to compete against the best team in the country.

Now everyone is down on the South Carolina game, but why? We can beat them and should beat them. Our offense is coming around - did you guys see Tim Jordan and Ty Chandler at the end of our game or did you turn it off? Those guys are ballers and fighters. I think we did ok considering the opponent.

It was our Defense that got shredded and we didn't put them in the best position with those onside kicks. With Tua, their RBs and their WRs - we didn't stand a chance. Let's see what Pruitt and Sherrer do this week scheming for SC.

Don't think it would make much difference at all, and it would only impact where the line opened. If they opened it somewhere and the action was all one-sided, they'd simply move it at that point.

Don't think it would make much difference at all, and it would only impact where the line opened. If they opened it somewhere and the action was all one-sided, they'd simply move it at that point.
Sure. It doesn't really matter. Just curiosity. How many points would they differ on that opening line between JG starting and KC starting. Have a guess? Do they see it as a FG or less? A touchdown? More?

I remember seeing some stats in recent years about how poorly teams play the week after playing Alabama. Whether that’s because they’re banged up, less confident, simply have a letdown after a big game, or other factors, who knows.

Surprisingly this year teams are 6-1 the week after playing Alabama.

Sure. It doesn't really matter. Just curiosity. How many points would they differ on that opening line between JG starting and KC starting. Have a guess? Do they see it as a FG or less? A touchdown? More?
I'd say somewhere from zero impact to perhaps a point, point and a half. I've heard lots of oddsmakers say over the years that the impact of a single player on a line is rarely more than 2-3 points, and in football only a really good starting QB being in/out will influence it by that much. Running backs, defensive players, etc., don't really move it at all.

Reactions: Freak
I wasn't suggesting there shouldn't be one. I was just curious how many points difference the odds makers see between the two.

But you're right. It's hard to judge Chryst when he's only thrown 28 passes and they've come under varying circumstances.
I'd guess JG being active makes it a +6. KC starting makes it +8 or 10.

I have a hard time believing we don't put up three TDs on SC. This may not be best thread to make this comment, but I think it's obvious a lot of folks on here are let down after the Bama loss. I don't understand why though - we were clearly outmatched. We win one game against Auburn and a lot of VolNation thought we were going to compete against the best team in the country.

Now everyone is down on the South Carolina game, but why? We can beat them and should beat them. Our offense is coming around - did you guys see Tim Jordan and Ty Chandler at the end of our game or did you turn it off? Those guys are ballers and fighters. I think we did ok considering the opponent.

It was our Defense that got shredded and we didn't put them in the best position with those onside kicks. With Tua, their RBs and their WRs - we didn't stand a chance. Let's see what Pruitt and Sherrer do this week scheming for SC.
Exactly. Fans act like we weren’t expecting Alabama to come in and do this. We were outmatched on every single position Literally. As far as I’m concerned this is our next football game, and we’re coming off our big win vs Auburn. The Bama game was inevitable. We knew that was gonna happen( or at least should’ve known)

If he was fine he would NOT have been in street clothes in the second half. Bruised ribs or taking a hard shot is not enough to take yourself out of a game. Especially against a rival like Bama. IMO there's more to it then they're leading on.

Good question, if I were to take a guess, Im gonna say the spread with JG will be around 7 or 7 1/2 and with Chryst it would be 9 1/2 to 10. A lot of the spread is public perception and the “idea” that a backup is having to play would influence it by a couple points imho.

It’s true, Alabama beats you up physically. They put physical you, that is why they normally win the 4th qtr. now, this year is less ground and pound, will be interesting if they go against another elite physical team.

Pruitt said he’s fine. Whether or not that means anything, we’ll see. Austin Price reported bruised ribs. I’m sure Pruitt will be asked about it during his noon press conference today.

Friend at game saw JG holding ribs going into the locker room and texted me ribs before anyone else had said anyrhing other than collarbone which I think was assumed because of the hit.

Exactly. Fans act like we weren’t expecting Alabama to come in and do this. We were outmatched on every single position Literally. As far as I’m concerned this is our next football game, and we’re coming off our big win vs Auburn. The Bama game was inevitable. We knew that was gonna happen( or at least should’ve known)
Our band is much better.....just sayin.

It’s true, Alabama beats you up physically. They put physical you, that is why they normally win the 4th qtr. now, this year is less ground and pound, will be interesting if they go against another elite physical team.
Like the Packers or Patriots?

VN Store

Back