Special Report: True costs of illegal immigration

BreatheUT

I see that pretty girl swag.
Anti-Sanctuary

For Kellar— a former Los Angeles police officer— crime is the big concern. And the number of illegal immigrants committing serious crimes in the U.S. is staggering in terms of scope and cost. According to the newest figures from the Government Accountability Office: one in five federal prison inmates are criminal aliens. The vast majority of them—91%— are from Mexico, Honduras, El Salvador, Guatemala, Colombia and Dominican Republic. A Full Measure analysis of government figures finds: Over six years, more than 730-thousand criminal aliens were in U.S. prisons or local jails. They accounted for 4.9 million arrests for 7.5 million offenses: More than a million drug crimes. More than 663-thousand assaults, sex offenses and kidnappings. 33-thousand homicides. And 1,500 terrorism related crimes. In terms of cost—federal taxpayers shelled out more than $15 billion dollars— or $2.5 billion a year— to keep criminal aliens behind bars.

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
Anti-Sanctuary

For Kellar— a former Los Angeles police officer— crime is the big concern. And the number of illegal immigrants committing serious crimes in the U.S. is staggering in terms of scope and cost. According to the newest figures from the Government Accountability Office: one in five federal prison inmates are criminal aliens. The vast majority of them—91%— are from Mexico, Honduras, El Salvador, Guatemala, Colombia and Dominican Republic. A Full Measure analysis of government figures finds: Over six years, more than 730-thousand criminal aliens were in U.S. prisons or local jails. They accounted for 4.9 million arrests for 7.5 million offenses: More than a million drug crimes. More than 663-thousand assaults, sex offenses and kidnappings. 33-thousand homicides. And 1,500 terrorism related crimes. In terms of cost—federal taxpayers shelled out more than $15 billion dollars— or $2.5 billion a year— to keep criminal aliens behind bars.

Not sure how many times this needs to be debunked, but it's a ******** stat. By law, illegals go to federal prison for crimes you and I would see state prison for. The stat is meaningless.

It's weird that they used % for federal prison population, but total stats (over 6 years for some odd reason) for explaining the crimes....it's almost like they're trying to manipulate the data.

Furthermore, $2.5B is not that much at all compared to what we can spend trying prevent immigration...for example, the wall could cost upwards of $100b + maintenance. If we're building it to prevent $2.5b/yr in prison costs, 1) it's only going to prevent a fraction of that, 2) even if it's 100%, do we break even? When? 100 years from now when immigration may not be an issue at all anymore?

Last edited:
Not sure how many times this needs to be debunked, but it's a ******** stat. By law, illegals go to federal prison for crimes you and I would see state prison for. The stat is meaningless.

It's weird that they used % for federal prison population, but total stats (over 6 years for some odd reason) for explaining the crimes....it's almost like they're trying to manipulate the data.

Furthermore, $2.5B is not that much at all compared to what we can spend trying prevent immigration...for example, the wall could cost upwards of $100b + maintenance. If we're building it to prevent $2.5b/yr in prison costs, 1) it's only going to prevent a fraction of that, 2) even if it's 100%, do we break even? When? 100 years from now when immigration may not be an issue at all anymore?

You are using things that hasn’t happened yet to make your argument ( if ) the Wall gets built ( it could ) cost , immigration ( may not ) be and issue .

Something tells me you don't understand how law works..

I don't see any actual report. didn't bother to watch the video, not impressed with any of the "conversation" quoted in the article. next.

You are using things that hasn’t happened yet to make your argument ( if ) the Wall gets built ( it could ) cost , immigration ( may not ) be and issue .

You have to perform cost/benefit analysis before you choose a course of action, not after.

"Now that the wall is built, we can try and figure out if this was really dumb government or not."

You have to perform cost/benefit analysis before you choose a course of action, not after.

"Now that the wall is built, we can try and figure out if this was really dumb government or not."

Lol you are pulling numbers out of thin air for your analysis on what the wall will cost ( if / when ) it’s built . You also can’t pull in number on what illeagals cost this country because you have no idea how many are here , what they pay vs what it costs the government .

Lol you are pulling numbers out of thin air for your analysis on what the wall will cost ( if / when ) it’s built . You also can’t pull in number on what illeagals cost this country because you have no idea how many are here , what they pay vs what it costs the government .
neither does this report.

at best, from the articles perspective, they looked at one cost. prison. didn't consider any others, and didn't look at any benefits they might bring. so trying to call it the true cost is laughable.

I'm using made up numbers as an example of how to think about the problem. That being said it's a good general rule of thumb to take any big government project, and at least triple the estimated cost to get closer to the real cost, so that would put as at $70B.

We don't even know if illegals come at a net cost, but I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about government methods for reducing the costs associated with illegal immigration, as opposed to government methods for reducing illegal immigration at all cost.

VN Store

Back