Source of O-Line Woes?

OP was going to say “poor blocking” but seeing that’s too simplistic. Ha

But, “for want of a nail” guy did us in and Butch didn’t build it back up or coach it up or put guys like KMac on OL where he belonged....and here we are.

Reactions: lifeVol
CBJ was 5 - 7 his first year with 4 NFL linemen. We still have talent and will get better as the season goes along.
If no major injuries to the O Line I predict a win over USCe. The line will gel as they get coaching and experience

OP was going to say “poor blocking” but seeing that’s too simplistic. Ha

But, “for want of a nail” guy did us in and Butch didn’t build it back up or coach it up or put guys like KMac on OL where he belonged....and here we are.

IMO, of all of Butch's weaknesses, and there were many, OL may have been the biggest mis-coached, mis-schemed, mis-whatever of them all, just sayin'

Not really.

That 2007 team was humiliated by FL and Bama and struggled in multiple other games but managed to squeak out wins against SC and KY to help win the East.

Even with those bad losses we allowed 3 sacks. If we only allow 3 sacks this year I'd say everyone would be very, very happy with oline performance.

OL is the hardest position for the recruiting sites to evaluate. Size doesn't always translate directly into performance. Even a combination of measurables do not accurately predict OL success as much as for a RB or DE.

Zach Fulton was a 3* recruit... JerQuari Schofield was a 4* and really talked up as a recruit... he was thought by some to be a surefire star.
One thing that has not been constant for Drew Richmond is the coaching. Zach Fulton, for example, had Jim Chaney for 3 of his 4 years at UT. Until this front 5 get some consistent coaching, they will have trouble in the League!

Desire to succeed and compete is everything, nothing replaces that burning desire to be the very best at your position or craft, nothing

Reactions: BlackCreekVol
I've seen athletes that didn't quite have all the natural ability in the world, but they were so dodged determined to compete and succeed that they outplayed their counterparts that were more athletic and had more natural ability, it's rare but it does happen......perhaps Paul Bain is one of these examples?

VN Store

Back