Irrational Rick Barnes takes (merged)

When you publicly undermine your student athletes, not your coach, less than 24 hours prior to their first round game, you are an ass..... I'll give a pas and won't defend Pearl in that instance. But what Hamilton did to athletes across multiple sports was moronic. But Hamilton was a moron so it isn't shocking that he would try to undermine the players with games still to play.
The man is dead. Give it a rest dude.

Maybe because of the fact he had already lied to them about it
The admin knew about the picture, they knew the NCAA had the picture. The admin did not tell Pearl about the picture , Pearl did not know the NCAA had the picture prior to the meeting.
Did he lie, yes. Would Kansas have protected Self and advise him in advance how to address the problem, yes.
Hamilton was a horrible athletic director and helped set the Athletics program back years.
But I'm sure Mike was a nice guy 🙄

The admin knew about the picture, they knew the NCAA had the picture. The admin did not tell Pearl about the picture , Pearl did not know the NCAA had the picture prior to the meeting.
Did he lie, yes. Would Kansas have protected Self and advise him in advance how to address the problem, yes.
Hamilton was a horrible athletic director and helped set the Athletics program back years.
But I'm sure Mike was a nice guy 🙄

Threw his assistants under the bus…

Told Aaron Craft’s family to lie for him to cover up his tracks…

Funny how you didn’t even mention those.

Mike Hamilton had his faults but it was mostly Bruce’s selfishness that got him fired from the University he apparently loves.

The whole narrative that Pearl was screwed over is laughable at this point.

Mike Hamilton had his faults but it was mostly Bruce’s selfishness that got him fired from the University he apparently loves.

So you're laying out the whole timeline like the media did every game Tennessee played for what seemed like 2 years. Did you enjoy those days?
I did not. Pearl is far from a stand up guy.
My point is, college Athletics particularly basketball is sleazy. Most universities try to protest their image. Allowing Pearl to crap the bed was a terrible decision.
Either Hamilton and crew tried to offer advice and Pearl just went commando and cut his own throat.
Or , Hamilton sat on his thumb and offered no advice.
Watching that whole fiasco unfold and the way Hamilton kneecapped the rest of the programs I'm going with Mikey sitting on his thumb.

Pearl keeps telling that tale. Chris Lofton has jersey retired, Bruce mentions he shouldn’t have been fired. Hamilton dies, Bruce brings it up again.

Last edited:
So you're laying out the whole timeline like the media did every game Tennessee played for what seemed like 2 years. Did you enjoy those days?
I did not. Pearl is far from a stand up guy.
My point is, college Athletics particularly basketball is sleazy. Most universities try to protest their image. Allowing Pearl to crap the bed was a terrible decision.
Either Hamilton and crew tried to offer advice and Pearl just went commando and cut his own throat.
Or , Hamilton sat on his thumb and offered no advice.
Watching that whole fiasco unfold and the way Hamilton kneecapped the rest of the programs I'm going with Mikey sitting on his thumb.
None of it was Hamilton's fault

Makes it Final Four or bust for us now…sorry…one of those programs making a Final Four before us is disgusting…keep hearing Rick Barnes is way better than Nate Oats…prove it!

To be fair, they had an easier bracket. We have Purdue, Gonzaga, and Creighton. I think any of those 3 could win Alabama's bracket.

They matter some…but not as much as other stuff
Such as ????

Winning the SEC Regular Season Championship (which Barnes did this year) ????

Or winning an SEC Tournament (which Barnes did 2 years ago) ????

Or is it just a matter of who advances further in the NCAA Tournament ???? That's probably all that matters in your line of thinking, isn't it ????

Such as ????

Or is it just a matter of who advance further in the NCAA Tournament ???? That's probably all that matters in your line of thinking, isn't it ????
Dude Oats has won as many Sec titles and one more tourney title than Barnes has in less time. He is now one foot away from a Final Four. We will see how it plays out. But don’t give me the Barnes is way better than Oats crap. It’s ridiculous. Or do you only know one sided what a coach has done?

Such as ????

Or is it just a matter of who advances further in the NCAA Tournament ???? That's probably all that matters in your line of thinking, isn't it ????
NCAA tournament success is equivalent to football playoff success. Championships matter. Winning the whole da*#* thing matters.

Reactions: volplaya8
Dude Oats has won as many Sec titles and one more tourney title than Barnes has in less time. He is now one foot away from a Final Four. We will see how it plays out. But don’t give me the Barnes is way better than Oats crap. It’s ridiculous. Or do you only know one sided what a coach has done?
I know who wont the SEC this year .... and who won both of the head-to-head games. Do you?

Oats leads in players that were accessories to murder on his rosters.

VN Store

Back