Sopranos!!!

Watched the Kevin Finnerty episodes last night, Those were among my favorites. Sadly, I'm approaching the end, again.

Wow, those are some great episodes. Love trying to piece together some sort of meanings from them.

I am starting the halfway into the first season again.
#10Ainge motivated me to start from the beginning.

thumbnail.aspx

What do we gotta do, Tone? Actually see him take it in the ass?

Im going to put the whole series on dvd in some sort of order, started today from the beginning, its amazing how the actors changed from beginning to end.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Watching the series again for the first time since it aired. I've got a few episodes into season two, forgot how much I couldn't stand Janice.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I am going thru season two right now myself. Great episodes.

Janice cracks me up! She has some memorable scenes to say the least.
Tony cussing her out on the phone at the wake is the best.

After going back and reading some of the initial responses to the finale, I am curious to know what some of you think happened now? Some posters called it brilliant but were totally wrong. Does that change your opinion?

looking back on it, the whole Dimeo (Soprano) crime family as a whole seemed to be made up of a bunch of goofballs who paled in comparison to the new york families. it was one of the reasons that leotardo never liked them or tony, and it's also the reason why i think that (at least IMO) tony got killed in the last episode.

personally i like to think that tony got whacked, and paulie took over as boss to what was left of the family shortly therafter. i also think that the soprano crime family lost alot of power and influence after the final episode. just the way i've always seen it.

my take on it

looking back on it, the whole Dimeo (Soprano) crime family as a whole seemed to be made up of a bunch of goofballs who paled in comparison to the new york families. it was one of the reasons that leotardo never liked them or tony, and it's also the reason why i think that (at least IMO) tony got killed in the last episode.

personally i like to think that tony got whacked, and paulie took over as boss to what was left of the family shortly therafter. i also think that the soprano crime family lost alot of power and influence after the final episode. just the way i've always seen it.

my take on it

Tony definitely got whacked in the restaurant. It's easy to miss unless you know what you are looking for.

the only part that has always made me scratch my head in that final scene is the part where he walks into the diner and sees himself sitting at the table from a distance. never have been sure about how to take that exactly.

the only part that has always made me scratch my head in that final scene is the part where he walks into the diner and sees himself sitting at the table from a distance. never have been sure about how to take that exactly.

It's no longer his POV. That shot is used to show us that he has a clean view of the door.

I could read/listen to discussions on the finale for days! Personally, I am not sure one way or the other. In my mind, it would seem totally out of character for the mob to ever wack a boss in front of his family while eating. It just doesn't happen. And the authenticity of the real mafia to the Sopranos is what made me love the show.

I guess maybe it is close to how Joey Gallo got whacked at Umberto's Clam Shop. He had his family there with him that time. But there isn't many examples of that happening.

I could read/listen to discussions on the finale for days! Personally, I am not sure one way or the other. In my mind, it would seem totally out of character for the mob to ever wack a boss in front of his family while eating. It just doesn't happen. And the authenticity of the real mafia to the Sopranos is what made me love the show.

I guess maybe it is close to how Joey Gallo got whacked at Umberto's Clam Shop. He had his family there with him that time. But there isn't many examples of that happening.

They shot Phil right in front of his wife in broad daylight. The show ended with Tony being shot. It's not a matter of opinion, it's all in the show. The link that vader listed is a good breakdown.

Did you see him get shot?

From Tony's POV, yes. Those few seconds at the end of the show when the screen went black was Tony's POV. It wasn't a dramatic pause just for dramas sake. Bell rings, Tony looks up and then we see a shot from his point of view. It was a pattern that was set up that entire scene and this was the final part. He was shot. All season long we kept fearing about how when you get wacked, you never see it coming and that is exactly what happened.

That is a great take on what happened. I like it. I am just saying, that I am not one that thinks that was the end of Tony Soprano.

I understand about Bobby talking to Tony in the boat about dying and saying, "You probably don't even hear it."

But to me, Tony is still alive. Silvio too.

Ah. VolnVegas is now Sam Watkins.

I'm closing in on the end of season 2 now, it sucks knowing Bonpiensero is getting killed, poor bastard.

I wish there was an epilouge, it's been too long since the finale to make one with the real actors...Tony and Silvio are dead, I just wonder what happened with naturally Paulie, and Larry Barese, Larry told the FBI where a body was, but he blamed it on Jackie Aprile, not Tony and Paul, who actually did it. I also wonder about Hesch, he was one of my favorite in and out characters.

Ah. VolnVegas is now Sam Watkins.

I'm closing in on the end of season 2 now, it sucks knowing Bonpiensero is getting killed, poor bastard.

I wish there was an epilouge, it's been too long since the finale to make one with the real actors...Tony and Silvio are dead, I just wonder what happened with naturally Paulie, and Larry Barese, Larry told the FBI where a body was, but he blamed it on Jackie Aprile, not Tony and Paul, who actually did it. I also wonder about Hesch, he was one of my favorite in and out characters.

Just finishing up on season 5 myself.

JTrain have you ever watched Brotherhood on Showtime?

VN Store

Back