Sons of Anarchy

The entire series was outlandish. ...part of it's charm.

Jax and Tara decided to have sex with the only witness being a freshly whacked ATF agent laying in the corner of the room.

If it were based in any reality, they wouldn't have gotten past season 1.

This thread is pretty comical. Cliffs notes version, "This show sucks but I watch it religiously anyway." :lol:

I caught it a few times, not from the beginning, and just didn't get it. The one show I did catch was the mom offing the wife. I had no idea I was watching a critical part of the show.

I thought the ending was good. Kill errbody. The final scene was Tarantinoesque. Waaay over the top.

This thread is pretty comical. Cliffs notes version, "This show sucks but I watch it religiously anyway." :lol:

I caught it a few times, not from the beginning, and just didn't get it. The one show I did catch was the mom offing the wife. I had no idea I was watching a critical part of the show.

I thought the ending was good. Kill errbody. The final scene was Tarantinoesque. Waaay over the top.

Tarantino is a master of his craft, Sutter is a joke.

Reactions: 1 person
This show started off really, really strong and started a real death spiral about halfway through. If they would have scaled back the killings and the slew of plots and focused more on character development and nuances of the drama at hand instead of throwing it in our faces with absurd ins and outs of plots that became more and more hollow and predictable, then the show could have been great.

Overall it seems (from my FB and Twitter feed) feelings have been around 2/3 negative and 1/3 positive. It is no surprise that most of my friends who are positive on FB have never watched a HBO show or even Breaking Bad. I know this is all subjective, but this show turned out to be the KMart version of a HBO show.

The entire series was outlandish. ...part of it's charm.

The issue with the 'outlandish' part is it never really matched the serious tone of the show. It kind of straddle the line between the two, while never getting it truly right. I can't think of another show off the top of my head that changed tone so drastically from one scene to the next. This show loves to go to a super serious personal exposition to a comical car chase.

This thread is pretty comical. Cliffs notes version, "This show sucks but I watch it religiously anyway." :lol:.

You are missing the point. The show was never great, but it was entertaining, and it had potential (at least I thought so until season 4). Since the show is a serial drama, and only has 13 episodes a season it is easy to see why people would want to finish it. Plus watching this show get worse and worse was pretty entertaining. Another example of this would be how bad Dexter became.

Also another issue is the shows creator, Kurt Sutter. He acts like he created the greatest thing on TV, while it is bad soap opera hidden behind the outlaw world of a MC. This shouldn't be an issue, but he refuses to get out of our faces.

There was nothing Tarantionesque about the end. The final scene lacked any style (which Tarantino has tons of), and QT would never be so heavy handed stupid.

I think I enjoyed more ranting about the show this season than actually watching it. Thank for you that Sutter.

I liked the very end, minus the terrible green screen. But it was supposed to be sad yet I felt no sympathy for Jax. He killed a lot of innocent people after being so stupid as to believe 100% Gemma's account of what happened with Tara, and what he did to Unser was the last straw for me.

And yes, I did laugh at how silly the show got and couldn't even keep up with its own story. Pope' (and then Marks') gang was supposed to be so wicked and menacing that they were untouchable and it was suicide to go up against them. But one redneck ambush and sitting outside a courthouse and all done!

I knew the moment Jax killed Gemma he would die in the final episode. It was a satisfying ending but it was way heavy handed with the symbolism. I loved the show but honestly believe it should have ended two seasons ago. The amount of killing and destruction these last couple seasons got to the point of being silly.

Reactions: 1 person
Another thing what was the deal with all the Whisper Talking these last few years. It really started getting on my nerves.

Sons of Anarchy series finale: No one wins for a reason | Kiama Independent-Lake Times

As Sons Of Anarchy came to its brutal and bloody series conclusion this week, it seemed creator Kurt Sutter wanted to make one message clear: this has not been a drama about heroes.

After seven years of showing us his vision of life, brotherhood and an admittedly warped code of honour inside an outlaw motorcycle gang, Sutter made sure his final episode included enough statements about the real nature of his characters that nobody would be left in any doubt that these were the bad guys after all.

I knew the moment Jax killed Gemma he would die in the final episode. It was a satisfying ending but it was way heavy handed with the symbolism. I loved the show but honestly believe it should have ended two seasons ago. The amount of killing and destruction these last couple seasons got to the point of being silly.

Agree. Good show, but it should have ended 2 seasons ago. I thought the same about the Sopranos.

Just finished this up last night, for as great as the series started the series really dragged towards the end, I found myself watching for the sake of finishing it as opposed to getting any particular enjoyment from it.

All in all it was a pretty solid series with good character development, though the action flick gunfights/explosions etc really cut down on the believability factor which kind of hurt it in my book.

Just finished this up last night, for as great as the series started the series really dragged towards the end, I found myself watching for the sake of finishing it as opposed to getting any particular enjoyment from it.

All in all it was a pretty solid series with good character development, though the action flick gunfights/explosions etc really cut down on the believability factor which kind of hurt it in my book.
The last episode was so far over the top
There wasn't even a shark to jump

Same here. It draaaaaagged. But I finished it anyway.

Yes, Mayans MC, it'll be set prior to SOA. They're shooting a pilot at least.

Yep. Originally Sutter wanted to do a prequel taking place in the 70s with Jax's father and that whole story, but either he decided not to or the network passed.

Probably didn't help his last show bombed pretty hard.

I just hope we don't see the same plots and things like that as we did with SOA replayed through the Mayans. If done right, this will be good. The Bastard Executioner was awful.

VN Store

Back