So true

Meh ..... I can't agree with the sentiment there. At least for the fans of SEC schools, whose men's basketball team is going to be in the NCAA Tournament, it's kind of ridiculous.

In fairness, Georgia stopped caring about men‘s basketball years ago.

They hired the coach we were about to fire, and gave him a raise.

Spring games are fine for what they are but I don't really see why anyone really gets that excited for them. They are glorified scrimmages and with injury concerns they're basically the play level of what the Pro Bowl became.

Reactions: BowlBrother85
In fairness, Georgia stopped caring about men‘s basketball years ago.

They hired the coach we were about to fire, and gave him a raise.
It really is kind of wild how their administration and fanbase does have a sole focus on football. I get it, it sure isn't like that focus on football isn't working.

It's just kind of odd because it doesn't seem like a heavy lift for them to be really good at basically everything, especially baseball and basketball. Why they don't have a historically dominant baseball program is completely beyond me given the talent in the area.

It really is kind of wild how their administration and fanbase does have a sole focus on football. I get it, it sure isn't like that focus on football isn't working.

It's just kind of odd because it doesn't seem like a heavy lift for them to be really good at basically everything, especially baseball and basketball. Why they don't have a historically dominant baseball program is completely beyond me given the talent in the area.
We have 10 NCs in gymnastis, a couple in baseball, and 12 in tennis. That's nice, but football is king

I for got to mention, we have a bunch of golf NCs. I think we have 11 on the PGA tour.
It’s been 19 years since you won a men’s team title and you have two overall. There’s not been a single men’s champion in my 42 years on this life.

2 women’s individual winners and one team title. All long ago.

We have 10 NCs in gymnastis, a couple in baseball, and 12 in tennis. That's nice, but football is king
I was speaking more about the historical dominance (or lack thereof). Like football, UGA sits in perhaps the single best area for baseball recruiting yet has just as many CWS appearances as Missouri, with the last one being 15 years ago.

See how successful Arkansas and LSU have been? UGA should be like that. UGA should be a top 2 or 3 SEC program all-time and isn't anywhere close to that.

VN Store

Back