So if you could fire Holly, who would take her place?

Kelly Graves of Oregon. A good coach who will never get the talent coming to UT. At least, I don't think so.

Kelly Graves already has better or at least equal talent than what is coming to UT.

He has the best guard (and player in my opinion) in the country in Ionescu.

Cazorla has won 5 gold medals with the Spanish national team as their point guard and Sabally is one of the most versatile players I've seen in the women's game since CP days at UT.

In terms of plausible options...

1. Mitch Barnhart
2. Karen Aston
3. Jeff Waltz (only at 3 due to the thing he has going at Louisville)

Aston can’t even beat Baylor. She’s a helluva recruiter, but I question a lot of her moves and coaching ability. Plus she’s at her dream school.

Hammon didnt get the mens job - make her say no

In 2008, after learning that, once again, she would not be invited to try out for the U.S. national team, Hammon announced she would try to claim a roster slot on the RUSSIAN national team in the 2008 Olympics in Beijing. Hammon became a Russian citizen in 2008. The coach of Russia's team, Igor Grudin, is also the sports director of the CSKA team that Hammon plays for in Moscow during the WNBA off-season. Hammon also signed a three-year extension with CSKA at around the same time she was named as a prospect for the national team.

Hammon's decision to play for Russia was controversial in American basketball. In some circles she was branded an American traitor, with then-U.S. national coach Anne Donovan questioning her patriotism. "If you play in this country, live in this country, and you grow up in the heartland and you put on a Russian uniform, you are not a patriotic person in my mind," Donovan said.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back