She Did It Nation

dduncan4163

Have at it Hoss
I have finally awakened from the nightmare that started back on Dec 28th. That morning my wife fell in our hallway and couldn't get up. I picked her up and got her to the ER.. Her kidneys had shut down and her BP was 90 over 45. She had to be air lifted to Vanderbilt and I was in so much shock I don't even remember the 3 hour drive there. I'll never forget walking across that Vandy sky bridge wondering if she was still alive. I had never felt fear that deep and cold. I felt like I was drowning and it took everything I had not to panic and loose control in that moment. When I made it to her room she was in a coma. Things were as grim as they could possibly be. The cancer had spread to her Brain and Spine and her kidneys had shut down and her legs were swelling and giant blisters were popping up everywhere.. A MRSA infection developed in her legs, arms, lungs and heart.

By January I truly didn't believe that I would ever get her home and that was without a doubt the worst pain and deepest sadness I've ever known. She has been by my side for 17 years and the thought of having to face a future without her shook me to my very core. I knew I'd have to go on for my children but if she had died a part of me would have died with her. I remained strong for the kids and for her mom and sisters but I was coming apart inside. When that damn in me finally broke I was here on Volnation and I lost it Nation. I can't go back and read that original thread because I know I was completely out of my mind and I had no control of myself. I'm sorry I put you guys through that I truly am but for whatever reason this was the only place I could let go. You'll never know what your support meant to me. Your guys kept me from having a complete nervous breakdown that day. I am forever indebted to you all. Thank you for the thoughts, prayers, and support. You guys carried me till I could walk on my own again.

I wanted to know for sure before I made this post and yesterday it became official. Laura has officially achieved remission. She got knocked to mat by leukemia and through the will and heart of a warrior got up on the count of 9 and fought back and yesterday she offically knocked cancers ass out cold. Her marrow is blast cell free. She won Nation. She ******* won.

She will need maintenance chemo for a while yet because Leukemia likes to hide when it gets attacked but her Oncologist says he thinks they've gotten it all. If she can hold this remission in 6 months a complete cure can be achieved with Stem Cells. Her odds of long term survival went from 10 percent in January to 80 percent as of today.

I never deserved someone like her Nation. I'll never understand how I got her. She's the sweetest, strongest, bravest person I've ever known. She is the mother of my children, the love of my life and my sweetest friend.

Love you Nation.

41915666_10155751284324080_5142726873100320768_n.jpg41948653_10155750904139080_4636963210929373184_n.jpg41984614_10155750700574080_137624135281934336_n.jpg42045339_10155750700724080_3301670823634403328_n.jpg

Last edited:
I have not had more a reason to be happy for someone I have never met in my life. Congratulations. I don't know how religious you are, but the Lord must have known she was too important to bring home now.

She is lucky to have someone like you care about her so much and you are lucky to have that woman in your life. Thank you for sharing sir. Godspeed, prayerfully she never looks back.

#warrior #kickCancersAss

I have finally awakened from the nightmare that started back on Dec 28th. That morning my wife fell in our hallway and couldn't get up. I picked her up and got her to the ER.. Her kidneys had shut down and her BP was 90 over 45. She had to be air lifted to Vanderbilt and I was in so much shock I don't even remember the 3 hour drive there. I'll never forget walking across that Vandy sky bridge wondering if she was still alive. I had never felt fear that deep and cold. I felt like I was drowning and it took everything I had not to panic and loose control in that moment. When I made it to her room she was in a coma. Things were as grim as they could possibly be. The cancer had spread to her Brain and Spine and her kidneys had shut down and her legs were swelling and giant blisters were popping up everywhere.. A MRSA infection developed in her legs, arms, lungs and heart.

By January I truly didn't believe that I would ever get her home and that was without a doubt the worst pain and deepest sadness I've ever known. She has been by my side for 17 years and the thought of having to face a future without her shook me to my very core. I knew I'd have to go on for my children but if she had died a part of me would have died with her. I remained strong for the kids and her mom and sister but I was coming apart inside. When that damn in me finally broke I was here on Volnation and I lost it Nation. I can't go back and read that original thread because I know I was completely out of my mind and I had no control of myself. I'm sorry I put you guys through that I truly am but for whatever reason this was the only place I could let go. You'll never know what your support meant to me. Your guys kept me from having a complete nervous breakdown that day. I am forever indebted to you all. Thank you for the thoughts, prayers, and support. You guys carried me till I could walk on my own again.

I wanted to know for sure before I made this post and yesterday it became official. Laura has officially achieved remission. He got knocked to mat by leukemia and through the will and heart of a warrior got up on the count of 9 and fought back and yesterday she offically knocked cancers ass out cold. Her marrow is blast cell free. She won Nation. She ******* won.

She will need maintenance chemo for a while yet because Leukemia likes to hide when it gets attacked but her Oncologist says he thinks they've gotten it all. If she can hold this remission in 6 months a complete cure can be achieved with Stem Cells. Her odds of long term survival went from 10 percent in January to 80 percent as of today.

I never deserved some like her Nation. I'll never understand how I got her. She's the , sweetest, strongest, bravest person I've ever known. She is the mother of my children, the love of my life and my sweetest friend.

Love you Nation.

View attachment 168685View attachment 168686View attachment 168687View attachment 168688

Freak any way we can get a "love" button installed?

Best news I've heard from anyone in quite a while. Congratulations to Laura and you and your entire family!

I can really appreciate what you and your wife have been through, only from the reverse side. On Feb 4, 2016 around 8 a.m. I was sitting in my recliner drinking my morning coffee and then things went black. My heart had simply quit beating and my wife had to go through what you went through. I was air lifted to Vandy and my wife had to drive the two hours there by herself not know if I was dead or not. I did not have a heartbeat (on my own) for almost three hours. I wrote this to encourage those of you that may take your spouse for granted to love them 100% of the time and every time you lay down, go to the store or off to work; kiss them an tell them you love them.

VN Store

Back