Shazam! (April 5th, 2019)

And to add more drama, the rumors are that Michael B. Jordan is in talks to replace him.

Wonder if this will make for some extremely late minute reshoots for Shazam?

There were reports that Cavill had shot some scenes for this film either for late in the film or post credit scenes.

Wonder if this will make for some extremely late minute reshoots for Shazam?

There were reports that Cavill had shot some scenes for this film either for late in the film or post credit scenes.

He was supposed to film some cameos but couldn't and supposedly the inability to get him in has ultimately lead to him being replaced.

And to add more drama, the rumors are that Michael B. Jordan is in talks to replace him.

There is a black Superman on Earth 52 or something. He is also President of the US.

Then of course there is Steel who Shaq already played in a movie.

There is a black Superman on Earth 52 or something. He is also President of the US.

Then of course there is Steel who Shaq already played in a movie.

Yeah but in this case there will be no transition, just "Hey next movie Superman is suddenly younger and black!" At least I can't see any kind of coherent transition.

Now there is growing speculation that this whole thing is nothing but pure speculation because Cavill couldn't work out doing the cameos, and the entertainment media/social media has taken this and run with the narrative that Cavill is out.

Now there is growing speculation that this whole thing is nothing but pure speculation because Cavill couldn't work out doing the cameos, and the entertainment media/social media has taken this and run with the narrative that Cavill is out.

He posted some weird video on Instagram where he held up a Superman toy then put it back down with no explanation.

Some genuinely funny moments but way too damn clunky. Could have cut 30-40 useless minutes.

I saw shazam today and while I did enjoy it.

I thought however a certain big part of the ending I would have rather they had waited until the sequel to make happen/reveal or maybe limited it some.

As Butchna said a part of it feels off I think that several early scenes of it could have been better edited.

Also why was this taking place in Philadelphia and not Fawcett City?

Last edited:
I saw shazam today and while I did enjoy it.

I thought however a certain big part of the ending I would have rather they had waited until the sequel to make happen/reveal or maybe limited it some.

As Butchna said a part of it feels off I think that several early scenes of it could have been better edited.

Also why was this taking place in Philadelphia and not Fawcett City?
The movie is based on The New 52 version of Shazam and he lives in Philadelphia in this version.

Watched it last night. Did not like it, at all. They tried to make a comedy superhero movie with all the standard superhero movie ingredients.

DC took their criticism of being too dark and made another 1960’s Batman movie.

Personally, I like the darker, more serious comic book movies from both Marvel and DC. However, I can enjoy something a little bit more light hearted. But Shazam was just terrible.

Reactions: Behr
Watched it last night. Did not like it, at all. They tried to make a comedy superhero movie with all the standard superhero movie ingredients.

DC took their criticism of being too dark and made another 1960’s Batman movie.

Personally, I like the darker, more serious comic book movies from both Marvel and DC. However, I can enjoy something a little bit more light hearted. But Shazam was just terrible.

You must not be familiar with the source material. That's what Shazam! Or Captain Marvel as he used to be called is. He's a 13 year old kid in the body of 35 year old and still acts like a kid even though he has all those powers.

I thought they did a really good job of portraying that.

VN Store

Back