Serena Williams Beatdown Meltdown-Victim of Sexism

I’m thinking that someone forming their opinions based on the interpretations of others is what sheep do

So you didn’t watch it and your comments flow from the interpretations of others. Bahhhhhh!

OK then!

I didn't form it on interpretations of others. I watched replays of the incidents and read accounts of the actual events that occurred. I also researched this particular umpire and found he has made similar rulings against men.

Please tell me what watching this match would do to establish this umpire was driven by sexism in his response to Serena's and her coach's actions. Oh that's right, the crowd was on Serena's side and she hugged her opponent. Sheesh.

At least come with facts demonstrating this ump was sexist in his handling of the situation or GTFO.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Interesting. So the media cannot be trusted to deliver factual reporting?
This is a predominantly Trump country forum. Of course the media can’t be trusted

Joke

Of course the true news organizations are trust worthy

Based on his/her comments though it seems his opinions are formed more from opinions of non-news sources that align better with his personal opinions

This is a predominantly Trump country forum. Of course the media can’t be trusted

Joke

Of course the true news organizations are trust worthy

Based on his/her comments though it seems his opinions are formed more from opinions of non-news sources that align better with his personal opinions

Have you bothered to looked at the articles I've linked? All of them are from news sources.

You have simply referenced that you watched the match. Now tell me which sounds like personal opinions vs use of news sources?

I didn't form it on interpretations of others. I watched replays of the incidents and read accounts of the actual events that occurred. I also researched this particular umpire and found he has made similar rulings against men.

Please tell me what watching this match would do to establish this umpire was driven by sexism in his response to Serena's and her coach's actions. Oh that's right, the crowd was on Serena's side and she hugged her opponent. Sheesh.

At least come with facts demonstrating this ump was sexist in his handling of the situation or GTFO.
I stand corrected and apologize for claiming you formed your opinions by not watching personally and forming your opinions by mimicking opinions of others. It genuinely seemed that way to me. I accept your word I was wrong

That apology extended we will have to agree to disagree on Serena’s treatment.

Her claim about sexism was not Ramos specific. But rather men’s tennis versus womens’ Tennis. Perhaps you watched Benoit Paire play Federer? Enough said. Countless other examples that go uncalled.

Ramos did call the shirt correcting incident at the FO. Men are frequently bare chested between sets. The woman had her sports bra on. Women play in their sports bras all the time in practice.

Her calling Ramos a thief was referee specific. Her coach got caught coaching. She didn’t see it. Ramos did not follow standard protocol in calling it out. In tennis Serena was guilty of a coaching violation even if she didn’t see the coaching signals. But Ramos could have and should have handled it better and the miscommunication later resulted in her bashing her racquet when she learned she had wrongly understood Ramos original explanation. I m o Serena is above all else a non-cheater and an allegation of being one is a charge she will take very seriously

The whole incident is unfortunate especially for the winner

I stand corrected and apologize for claiming you formed your opinions by not watching personally and forming your opinions by mimicking opinions of others. It genuinely seemed that way to me. I accept your word I was wrk g

That apology extended we will have to agree to disagree on Serena’s treatment.

Her claim about sexism was not Ramos specific. But rather men’s tennis versus womens’ Tennis. Perhaps you watched Benoit Paire play Federer? Enough said. Countless other examples that go uncalled.

Ramos did call the shirt correcting incident at the FO. Men are frequently bare chested between sets. The woman had her sports bra on. Women play in their sports bras all the time in practice.

Her calling Ramos a thief was referee specific. Her coach got caught coaching. She didn’t see it. Ramos did not follow standard protocol in calling it out. In tennis Serena was guilty of a coaching violation even if she didn’t see the coaching signals. But Ramos could have and should have handled it better and the miscommunication later resulted in her bashing her racquet when she learned she had wrongly understood Ramos original explanation. I m o Serena is above all else a non-cheater and an allegation of being one is a charge she will take very seriously

The whole incident is unfortunate especially for the winner

I appreciate the acknowledgement.

I'm not defending whether or not Ramos was correct in his calls. I do find the immediate attribution to sexism as lacking credible evidence and specifically requires ignoring evidence where he's handed out similar treatment to men for the exact same infractions (coaching, racquet busting and outbursts aimed at him). Sexism exists but not everything can be attributed to sexism. Because the charge is so serious (I wouldn't be surprised if his career is impacted now that he's been "labeled" (though never convicted)) I follow the innocent until proven guilty approach when it comes to accusing people of various offenses.

I appreciate the acknowledgement.

I'm not defending whether or not Ramos was correct in his calls. I do find the immediate attribution to sexism as lacking credible evidence and specifically requires ignoring evidence where he's handed out similar treatment to men for the exact same infractions (coaching, racquet busting and outbursts aimed at him). Sexism exists but not everything can be attributed to sexism. Because the charge is so serious (I wouldn't be surprised if his career is impacted now that he's been "labeled" (though never convicted)) I follow the innocent until proven guilty approach when it comes to accusing people of various offenses.
I appreciate your POV

800.jpeg

VN Store

Back